Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@Sunshine3601, Debbie.... same here, I thought Donna is expecting 😉... and, of course, Petey is a handsome guy 

Thank you so much, G & P. We had 😀

My BFF decided Tuesday to do "something" tonight (8PM) for the New Year, hoping that all of us old guys will stick around until midnight...😧

Mind you, this is just a "regular" day for us, and people are going to work tomorrow morning...

She asked that everyone bring a dish. Of course, she had the most work though, hosting 4 other couples.

Since in our household both parties are "able" to bring a dish, DH volunteered to do a tuna mousse (great success) and I -- my famous brownies with nice chunks of walnuts (moderate success -- we were so full).

In the end, some who still work departed at 11PM, and we followed 15 mins after that....

I took a pic of the very nice setting by Israeli "standards 😉" in comparison to the amazing settings some of you displayed for Christmas Eve....

image.thumb.jpeg.9a27828527437d774663f68e38dda065.jpeg

Nice setting Dani.

I'm pleased you had a lovely time tonight.

It is 23.40pm here in England.

Graham.

• Like 7

Turn on BBC World News, 12 minute fireworks display, largest in Europe

Show Big Ben chiming !

Amazing  Music  & Fireworks Display !!!

Nice tribute  to Queen Elizabeth II

I don't think anything tonight will top that show !!

That ending was crazy good !

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@Sunshine3601, Debbie.... same here, I thought Donna is expecting 😉... and, of course, Petey is a handsome guy 

Thank you so much, G & P. We had 😀

My BFF decided Tuesday to do "something" tonight (8PM) for the New Year, hoping that all of us old guys will stick around until midnight...😧

Mind you, this is just a "regular" day for us, and people are going to work tomorrow morning...

She asked that everyone bring a dish. Of course, she had the most work though, hosting 4 other couples.

Since in our household both parties are "able" to bring a dish, DH volunteered to do a tuna mousse (great success) and I -- my famous brownies with nice chunks of walnuts (moderate success -- we were so full).

In the end, some who still work departed at 11PM, and we followed 15 mins after that....

I took a pic of the very nice setting by Israeli "standards 😉" in comparison to the amazing settings some of you displayed for Christmas Eve....

image.thumb.jpeg.9a27828527437d774663f68e38dda065.jpeg

Happy New Year!   Thank you for this wonderful thread.   I wish for All to have a Happy, Healthy and Safe 2023❤

I would love for Chris and Donna to give us a Grandchild but I know they want to buy a house before they start a family.  So we will just have to make sure they buy a home soon. 😉

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Turn on BBC World News, 12 minute fireworks display, largest in Europe

Show Big Ben chiming !

Amazing  Music  & Fireworks Display !!!

Nice tribute  to Queen Elizabeth II

I don't think anything tonight will top that show !!

That ending was crazy good !

It was amazing.

London did the UK proud.

I have watched it again on BBC you tube.

Happy new year.

ny-269.gif

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We are in Naples!  No bumper to bumper today.  We arrived here around 2:30 and all is well.

Once again, I wanted to wish you all a healthy and safe Happy New Year!

Maryann, so glad you made it safely to Naples. New Year wishes back at you and Jim!

40 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Awake and ready for the game. 

82F184CB-4BEF-4E96-B44E-812259210D0D.thumb.png.cea066499194cf1dc2de0a5dacb0d0fe.png

Zoey Rae. 
12 days old. 

What a sweetie pie, ready for the world.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Why no B2B on this sailing this time? How far from the  San Pedro Port in LA are you?

The next cruise is a 3 day “booze” cruise, and I have wine club shipments to pick up in Temecula. 🙀😁🍷

Depending on traffic, 45 to 60 minutes.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We are in Naples!  No bumper to bumper today.  We arrived here around 2:30 and all is well.

Once again, I wanted to wish you all a healthy and safe Happy New Year!

Glad you made  it and all is well.  Happy New Year 🥳🎉

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

We are just getting rain, rain, and more rain. It has been raining non-stop for 4 of the last 5 days. Now we have closed freeways and roads because of flooding and mudslides. It seems like we never have enough rain, or we get too much rain. 

Our neighbors went up to our other house in the mountains for the holiday weekend.  They came over to pick up the key last night. We are just staying home with the cat. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! ☺️

Happy New Year to you.  Sorry to read about the relentless rain.  Take care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

The next cruise is a 3 day “booze” cruise, and I have wine club shipments to pick up in Temecula. 🙀😁🍷

Depending on traffic, 45 to 60 minutes.

Some on this thread think every cruise is a booze cruise no matter how many days the cruise is.🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Didn’t get out of bed til midday today.  Haven’t done that since I was a teen.  My feet have blisters from speed walking 2km in heels last night from the Opera House to Town Hall (2km).  Should have listened to DH and worn sneakers…plenty of smart women dressed up at the Opera House but wearing nice white sneakers last night for all the walking required due to all the street closures….

Nice sunny day here today with a bit of a breeze.  Had a lane to myself at the pool in the afternoon, no doubt due to lots of people nursing hangovers and their New Year’s resolutions will start tomorrow.

DD was home with Max last night.  Thankfully the 9pm fireworks locally were much shorter than usual so he coped ok this year.1AC52CDB-615E-48AE-8D7E-D457790FE54A.thumb.jpeg.e255994ec7bbadee96e3ec4038169bd4.jpeg

• Like 21