Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The artic blast reached us today.    We are expecting wind chills tonight with temps of -20 F.

Winds have really picked up here.   I was sitting at a traffic light on my way home from work and boy were they swaying.      Definitely not going anywhere tonight or tomorrow morning.  

I hope everyone stays warm and safe in their homes.    

I surely don't envy all of you who are experiencing this frigid weather.  We got back from our cruise today, and one of our daughters said she was COLD when I texted to ask how everyone was doing since we'd been gone.  

• Like 4

Jim and I got home from our Liberty of the Seas 4 night cruise today.  We had a great time.  Having been in our first Aft cabin was awesome, not to mention the size of the Junior Suite.  Becoming "Diamond" just puts the icing on the cake for me!!  The Ice Show was fantastic, and the entertainer in the Schooner Bar, Sophie Worsely, had us coming back for the past 3 nights.

• Like 16

51 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Good score. While I think there is better bourbon out there that is readily available. Blanton’s is very popular and is coveted by a lot of people.

Please share any ideas of better bourbon so if the opportunity arises I will know what to grab. The Blanton’s was $60.  I’d go up to $100ish but that’s about it. I love him but I have to draw the line somewhere. 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Why this theater has two spot lights going back and forth, back and forth, pointed at the audience is beyond me and annoying the crap out of me. 

The Effectors tonight. We will see what this show is all about. I bet it doesn't have even one ABBA song in it. 😑

• Like 8
  • Haha 8

I bet many of you, like us have had a temperature drop.  The actual temp at 10:30am was -19C or -2F.

4D9C6432-B095-4367-A608-03B316944DC9.thumb.jpeg.00bf6868dafb89d5d83b77a3c2d9bc5b.jpeg

It has snowed here all day and is even colder now. Tonight it will be -1F and feel like -13F.

I went to get take out and the roads were not the best. is this a paved 2 lane road with full shoulders. 

5A11A09A-2AE5-4801-8219-9A777CC09931.thumb.jpeg.6f93cb124cf2f6d0196d3f2f14d5e28d.jpeg

It was a 2 stop take out. Pizza and Thai food for me. I had more than enough time to stop on Main Street to get this photo. 

D4D6D99B-EEF3-4136-9FA7-8C6685927110.thumb.jpeg.a7028b47d85e4fc1f45609b1699f73da.jpeg

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

the poor girl into the house. 

She’s good. Don’t let those eyes fool you, she’s a killer.

We went out after supper and visited with her in the barn.  We took her cat treats, fluffed her bed, made sure her heated water bowl was full and topped up her food dish. She also accepted many pets as well, before she started to bite our gloves. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

She’s good. Don’t let those eyes fool you, she’s a killer.

We went out after supper and visited with her in the barn.  We took her cat treats, fluffed her bed, made sure her heated water bowl was full and topped up her food dish. She also accepted many pets as well, before she started to bite our gloves. 

Funny you should say that. When I saw the look in Lucy's eyes, I thought she could be a mean S.O.B. (no offense).

I bet she would devour my little Leonard who apparently is auditioning for his career as America's Next Cat Model. 

Lenny.thumb.jpg.de7a5d3d7fac1eaa2cd319d79438741d.jpg

• Like 21
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

So sorry to hear about your fall today, Judy.  Pretty scary when you feel yourself falling.  Luckily you didn't break anything, but it sure sounds like you are hurting!😔  How are you and your DH feeling, since you are still testing Positive?

Not well !  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NHProud said:

And , it looks like OB’s legs are in their early fifties.  Mentioning legs , I was going down the carpeted stairs this morning when at the 4th step from the bottom my legs buckled. I fell forward on my face and as a result I have a huge rug burn below my nose , abrasions in my mouth , a bump on my nose and a hurt wrist . Blood all over but thankfully I saved my iPhone . 

Sorry to hear about your accident.Feel better soon.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Jim and I got home from our Liberty of the Seas 4 night cruise today.  We had a great time.  Having been in our first Aft cabin was awesome, not to mention the size of the Junior Suite.  Becoming "Diamond" just puts the icing on the cake for me!!  The Ice Show was fantastic, and the entertainer in the Schooner Bar, Sophie Worsely, had us coming back for the past 3 nights.

Glad that you had a nice time,Maryann

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The artic blast reached us today.    We are expecting wind chills tonight with temps of -20 F.

Winds have really picked up here.   I was sitting at a traffic light on my way home from work and boy were they swaying.      Definitely not going anywhere tonight or tomorrow morning.  

I hope everyone stays warm and safe in their homes.    

It is 14 degrees here with 27 mph winds.Tomorrow morning it will be 5 with wind gusting to possibly 45 mph.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

It has snowed here all day and is even colder now. Tonight it will be -1F and feel like -13F.

I went to get take out and the roads were not the best. is this a paved 2 lane road with full shoulders. 

I might be in the minority here but cold weather with snow is fun. It means skiing, building a snow man or snow fort with snow ball fights (you never too old!!),  firing up the snow blower and throwing it 30 feet or more across the yard.

Cold weather without snow is just.......stupid.

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

17 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Funny you should say that. When I saw the look in Lucy's eyes, I thought she could be a mean S.O.B. (no offense).

I bet she would devour my little Leonard who apparently is auditioning for his career as America's Next Cat Model. 

Lenny.thumb.jpg.de7a5d3d7fac1eaa2cd319d79438741d.jpg

Leonard is quite handsome

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I might be in the minority here but cold weather with snow is fun. It means skiing, building a snow man or snow fort with snow ball fights (you never too old!!),  firing up the snow blower and throwing it 30 feet or more across the yard.

Cold weather without snow is just.......stupid.

You are very likely in the minority .Having said that I must admit that when I was younger I felt that way too.Every December in the 1980’s my wife and I would do upstate with friends to partake in winter sports.

• Like 2

Diana is quite happy to receive gifts of pets from admirers from afar.  And enjoyed seeing both Lucys and Leonard!  @NHProud so sorry to hear about your scary awful fall.  I was just diagnosed with osteoporosis and while I’ve always been careful with four footed underfoots…now I’m really worried about falling.  Glad nothing was broken.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1