Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

This is a picture of my middle daughter Susan's middle daughter (she & her wonderful husband have 3 girls) with an unknown young gentleman.  Susan is the only child of my 6 (1 stepchild) to move out of Virginia to the MidWest where this was taken.  It's a year out of date and as @Ozark_Kid & I expect all of you know, kids change so fast at this age.  Still, I'm keeping this pic around, and wondering if I should see what Shutterfly has to offer (thanks to all of you).

image.thumb.jpeg.24adc552df510359b1bc72f8332a4cc6.jpeg

Sweet picture. I love the look the unknown gentleman is giving your granddaughter.  

1 hour ago, ValerieJo said:

Proud mom today.  My oldest son (43) decided to go back to school and finally finish his degree.  Today he graduates from the University of Michigan. I'm proud of him to go back as an adult as it's not easy to do.  Thanks for letting me brag a bit.

Bragging rights allowed in here.   Yours deserve a hearty congratulations!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Finished checking in for our flights about an hour ago. 

Now to pack.

31 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are at LAX waiting to board.   Long flight, 6 hours.  

Wishing safe travels for @Ourusualbeach and @Ozark_Kid. Have a great time Ken and John.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Today is a t-shirt and flip flop day.  80 and sunny.  Only thing on our agenda is a Costco run and a stop at Braum's for ice cream.  Love these sunny lazy days.

Wishing sunny happy days to everyone.  Create your own sunshine if you have cloudy skies!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Discovered that there was a sculpture trail on at Woolloomooloo.  07586D85-4205-412A-B0AC-E9199CC6872C.thumb.jpeg.3dcc60b3e3709a684c5500ca417b66f5.jpeg

593DC028-CABD-41CF-A123-56DCA6D7D98B.thumb.jpeg.7a47946a082d5964cde5f19ec6d241c7.jpeg

64678F37-3CAB-40D2-ACCA-27140841FBE7.thumb.jpeg.9040d6212d95abf0dd921ca81042d795.jpeg

My favourite was this one titled “conversations”32A271B9-6A3E-4637-AA5A-2C718F3F7F83.thumb.jpeg.d08ca561c36380d04a35ec545c6005fd.jpeg

Then we reached the AGNSW had afternoon tea in the sunshine there and walked back through the city.  A pleasant way to spend an autumn afternoon.

I wrote all those details down and will map it out.  We’ll be in Sydney for a week next year and I’d like to find some inexpensive things to do as well as the tours to the Blue Mountains and bridge and opera house.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

3/4 - 1 shot Kraken

1/2 shot creme de cacao

2 shots milk or cream.

Mix all together with ice in a shaker. Shake then poor into a martini glass. Small dash of nutmeg on top.

Depending on how my day has been, I have been known to double ingredients 1 and 2, and halve #3.  Never use the nutmeg in mine.  Still very tasty that way. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

45 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Wishing safe travels for @Ourusualbeach and @Ozark_Kid. Have a great time Ken and John.

It got better yesterday.  Just got word back from a client on the Australia to HNL sailing that he was able to get me  couple bottles of CR black to supplement my vouchers.  Wish they sold Kraken on board.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Long flight, 6 hours.

Still better breaking it up like that than one really long flight.  We are doing a similar flight.  YYZ to LAX, 3 hour layover and then LAX to HNL.  Much preferred that to the short YYZ to ORD and then a long flight ORD to HNL

A decent layover, enough time to eat, stretch the legs but not too long so that it feels like you are waiting forever.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

Proud mom today.  My oldest son (43) decided to go back to school and finally finish his degree.  Today he graduates from the University of Michigan. I'm proud of him to go back as an adult as it's not easy to do.  Thanks for letting me brag a bit.

Congratulations on your sons graduation from college.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Our youngest granddaughter has one of the leads in Annie, the school play.  Last night was her first one and tonight she performs.  They are all so cute!IMG_7203.thumb.jpeg.275ebd3e7242204abce619e5a739ad67.jpeg

One of my great nieces sang one of the leads in Annie in Middle School.In HS she auditioned for every musical and appeared in all.After graduating she went to a College of the Arts and will be graduating later this month.She has a theatrical job waiting for her after graduation.Her father passed away 6 years ago.We are very proud  of  her.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Our youngest granddaughter has one of the leads in Annie, the school play.  Last night was her first one and tonight she performs.  They are all so cute!IMG_7203.thumb.jpeg.275ebd3e7242204abce619e5a739ad67.jpeg

Awesome!   I wish her the best in her performance "break a leg".    Enjoy🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yucky rainy day here.    I finished putting together all the ingredients for classic beef stew in dutch oven on the stovetop.    Smells delicious and I just started cooking it.   Going to serve in a couple of hours with a loaf of sourdough bread (a favorite in our house).

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yucky rainy day here.    I finished putting together all the ingredients for classic beef stew in dutch oven on the stovetop.    Smells delicious and I just started cooking it.   Going to serve in a couple of hours with a loaf of sourdough bread (a favorite in our house).

What time shall we come for dinner? have wine will travel.😁

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

3/4 - 1 shot Kraken

1/2 shot creme de cacao

2 shots milk or cream.

Mix all together with ice in a shaker. Shake then poor into a martini glass. Small dash of nutmeg on top.

@Momof3gurlz

I would also add that you can control the sweetness of the drink with the amount of creme de cacao that you use. I don't like it too sweet. Also, I should not have said to pour it into the martini glass. It should be strained.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So my brother and I did a thing this weekend. 

After my Dad passed, my wife and I took my Mom to Ireland in 2015, where we spread Dad’s ashes at the Rock of Cashel, Gougane Barra, Connor Pass, and the Cliffs of Moher.  They traveled to Ireland 6-7 times and loved going to that magical country.  In the years since I promised Mom that when the time came, we’d spread her ashes in the same spots.  Mom was 1/4 Irish, but anyone who knows anything knows that means she may as well have been 99%.  

So Thursday evening, my brother and I jumped on a red eye from Seattle to Dublin.  Hopped in a rental car, and spent two days driving through Ireland to spread Mom’s ashes.  We gave her some beautiful views of her favorite place on earth.

Now on a plane headed back to Seattle.  But we did it.  Mom and Dad are together forever in Ireland.  She’s home.

94D226E6-C671-4A28-9017-7977D1DEC371.thumb.jpeg.86b978df65dc4e96c030a5467d20a078.jpeg

• Like 47