Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@MJSailors  Happy 40th Anniversary to you and your DH!  Quite the story about your golf outing. No brakes, steep hill, injured hubby..sorry your day turned out the way it did.  You did make lemonade, MJ;  you always are so cheerful in all of your Posts.  I hope you are feeling better as each day goes by, and glad that you only have a mild case of Covid.  I also came home from our cruise in March with a mild case.  Hopefully your DH isn't hurting too much since his fall.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I am so, so excited!  My mom, who loves to travel, but hasn’t done it enough due to $$ limitations, now has some extra cash.  We are now planning a mom/daughter cruise for December on oasis, and I am so excited!  I’ve been on Oasis before, and know she’ll love it 🙂. It’s her first cruise!!

Your Mom is going to love being on the Oasis!  Happy for you both to get to cruise together.

• Like 3

@dani negreanu a question/task for you, if you don’t mind?  Because everyone posts their weather experiences and flights regularly,  could you do a post with the locations of our  American friends who post here and their state?

screen name & US state.  I know there  will be lots of Florida/New York and Texas.  Just want a picture in my head, when our friends post their current weather & also where they are flying from.  Thanks.

• Like 2

Wife's birthday in 4 days, haven't got a gift yet.  She insists, when I ask what she wants, nothing this year.  Does she mean it?

For tonight I'm playing this song while she's in the kitchen (we alternate nights for cooking) hoping she knows she's loved.

• Like 6

On 6/13/2023 at 7:29 AM, mo&fran said:

We now have a new electric range.  About a week ago, DW was in the kitchen preparing dinner, when I heard a boom. Ran into the kitchen. and she was laying on the floor unconscious, and there was what looked like ice all around.  as I got closer, that isn't ice, it is glass. her head had hit the front of the range and the tempered glass on the oven door exploded, glass everywhere. I was calling 911 just she started to wake up. Best guess was that her BP had been a bit low, which our PCP did not think was bad.  

They took her to the ER, since she had a cut on the back of her head. They wanted to keep her over night, she did not want to stay, so she came home.  She is OK now.  

I guess we needed a new range. You probably don't remember, but a couple of years ago, our dishwasher started leaking. She wanted a white dishwasher, so that is what we ordered. That was around Thanksgiving. Come Easter it had still not been able  to get one, so in frustration, she said we get whatever. they had a stainless steel in stock, so that is what we got. 

Here we go again, Not this time.  What do you have in stock. Took a picture and showed DW.  She said looks good. Mostly black with stainless steel trim.

Bought it on Friday, it will delivered om Monday, and it was.

WE have heard a lot of people rave about an air fryer.  That got her interest. Now we have one.

So scary. Glad she is OK!

We did break down and got an air fryer a few months ago. Best thing ever. I've only done veggies in it so far. If that's all we use it for, I'm OK with that. They turn out so good.

48 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@dani negreanu a question/task for you, if you don’t mind?  Because everyone posts their weather experiences and flights regularly,  could you do a post with the locations of our  American friends who post here and their state?

screen name & US state.  I know there  will be lots of Florida/New York and Texas.  Just want a picture in my head, when our friends post their current weather & also where they are flying from.  Thanks.

We are located in Northwest Florida, aka The Panhandle or The Emerald Coast.  We will be driving to Tampa (6ish hours) to take Grandeur on Saturday.  Florida is a very large state.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/13/2023 at 4:36 AM, Ocean Boy said:

I watched Below Deck SY last night. It was two hours of nothing but sexual exploits. The show has really taken a poor turn and if it doesn't move back closer to its roots I may soon be out. After 1.5 hrs last night I gave up and decided I'd be better off sleeping and went to bed.

I'm so sick of Gaaaaary. Chief stew (what's her name again??? is on my short list now too. She's turning into a real $[¥+.

39 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I'm so sick of Gaaaaary. Chief stew (what's her name again??? is on my short list now too. She's turning into a real $[¥+.

That would be Daisy. She seemed very down to earth when the SY series started but you are absolutely right, she is not evolving in a good way at all.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2023 at 3:05 AM, aussielozzie18 said:

There are two lookouts on the Fairfax walk.   The first was full of whale watchers with their binoculars looking out to sea. It is the start of the whale watching season here (I didn’t take any photos)

The second lookout Burragula

offers stunning views of the harbour.

37874257-F2F0-4308-ACDB-E6170DC01A5D.thumb.jpeg.7db1b38a0a902e5fbf4f17be830bc475.jpeg

32E01A41-9A34-4EBD-A181-2C822F92A6BE.thumb.jpeg.eba0ed24278c193d559f9832b2329d70.jpeg

BEAE34C5-BF4D-46FC-B053-70291B908BBA.thumb.jpeg.1366878e6c42691d57c6280b29649f3b.jpeg

F409335E-30CF-4048-A5B9-3344CBD95B76.thumb.jpeg.1c879dad7f7c8b8e6de23399db27bd41.jpeg

0A134083-357F-4E58-A392-4BF3C9F236AB.thumb.jpeg.f5556c0438ec91605c89914fc6716b4b.jpeg

2ADA3BC4-7E86-4E83-BE9E-BEEABC40CB5E.thumb.jpeg.6a34abfee9e0f6f757fda8cd3f4375b9.jpeg

on our return walk we saw an echnida.  He was on the path in front of us.  When he felt the vibrations of our feet, he sought shelter under the track.C5B41990-BA0B-4575-B3D8-3E4F37D902ED.thumb.jpeg.f624148b1330f71a80071f6e3f425e92.jpeg

We started/ended the walk at Little Manly Beach3E08B676-2E64-4735-92B6-5117B6790865.thumb.jpeg.872f8e30031405e1153343a345236de6.jpeg

We also walked across Collins Beach to head up and return from North Head.  Such a lovely afternoon.  Back to work tomorrow.

E87D7E26-F652-491B-9177-9E8A4E97AE52.thumb.jpeg.f7833d5f14a41eab2592f6949d1862b7.jpeg

CE36A9F0-C259-4DD0-AAA7-D5E17DA31011.jpeg

You’ve shown me so much of the Australia I missed on my visit! And most of it so close to Sydney!

• Like 3

On 6/13/2023 at 8:29 AM, mo&fran said:

We now have a new electric range.  About a week ago, DW was in the kitchen preparing dinner, when I heard a boom. Ran into the kitchen. and she was laying on the floor unconscious, and there was what looked like ice all around.  as I got closer, that isn't ice, it is glass. her head had hit the front of the range and the tempered glass on the oven door exploded, glass everywhere. I was calling 911 just she started to wake up. Best guess was that her BP had been a bit low, which our PCP did not think was bad.  

They took her to the ER, since she had a cut on the back of her head. They wanted to keep her over night, she did not want to stay, so she came home.  She is OK now.  

I guess we needed a new range. You probably don't remember, but a couple of years ago, our dishwasher started leaking. She wanted a white dishwasher, so that is what we ordered. That was around Thanksgiving. Come Easter it had still not been able  to get one, so in frustration, she said we get whatever. they had a stainless steel in stock, so that is what we got. 

Here we go again, Not this time.  What do you have in stock. Took a picture and showed DW.  She said looks good. Mostly black with stainless steel trim.

Bought it on Friday, it will delivered om Monday, and it was.

WE have heard a lot of people rave about an air fryer.  That got her interest. Now we have one.

I’m pages late again, but I want to say I’m glad your DW is ok. A kitchen range is just a range, but an air fryer is a countertop miracle. 
I can put leftover fried shrimp or chicken in mine and they turn out. as good as they were in the restaurant, maybe better. 
So many things you can do eith it!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Bad weather day here. Started off with air alerts. It's very hazy due to those fires. My eyes are feeling it!

Here's a pic of the freeway near our house. That road sign is only 1/4 mile away. We live only about 20 city blocks from downtown Minneapolis and you can't even see it now. There should be tall buildings there.

20230614_180322.thumb.jpg.868a22958251dfae0a5f8d01308222ed.jpg

As bad as it is here, I can't imagine what it's like way north.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, singinalot said:

does the group want a report on my girls trip to St Augustine? we packed a lot into 2.5 days! IMG_3248.thumb.jpeg.23401cb80f28f265f2c9ec74d7f23d96.jpeg

IMG_3233.thumb.jpeg.afd56b0b71240fb8f8a3110cd45de611.jpeg

this one’s for you @Sea Dog

IMG_3207.thumb.jpeg.0a3d40231361772debb40a1c63916700.jpeg

IMG_3182.thumb.jpeg.a3949e0b7e8844a01f92ca95f9ebdd9d.jpeg

I hope they gave you bottled water to drink. The natural water is full of sulphur and stinks. More apt to age you than to keep you young!

• Haha 2