Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 8/17/2023 at 7:42 AM, mo&fran said:

I grew up on a dairy farm in Pa. Like a lot of farms, we also raised pigs.  We must have never had a problem requiring them, this is the first I have ever heard of them. There were worms that the pigs could get, which is why you always cooked the pork well done to eliminate the problem.

Was the dairy farm in the Lehigh Valley area? PA girl here.

39 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I also thought of Debbie when I saw Taylor on the news this morning heading into a bar on LBI😉

Swifties have lost their minds.  The crowd that formed around the LBI place once word got out that she was there was nuts.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I know that some of you (me included), have a drone.  If you've ever wanted a drone for photos/videos, but didn't want the complexity of a drone, I just learned of a new "drone" that may be for you.  It's called the HoverAir X1.  They don't even like to call it a drone, but rather a flying selfie stick.  There's no controller (although you can manually control it from your mobile phone if you want)...it's fully autonomous.  Turn on the power, pick a mode like hover/follow/orbit, and it takes off from the palm of your hand.  No skill needed.  The X1 use AI to identify you as the subject and executes its mode, like hovering in front of you or following behind you.  Hold out your hand palm up when done and it lands on your hand.  It's extremely lightweight and folds when not in use to make it very easy to carry.  Because of its small size and weight, you aren't subject to regular drone regulations in the US (I think...do your own research before buying).

I've not used it personally but the reviews that I've seen are very positive, for what's it's intended to do (i.e. it's not a DJI Mavic).  The only negative to me is the price at $400 with 2 batteries and charger.  Still, if you want something that's very easy to use and can capture some interesting pictures/videos from your travels, the X1 looks like an interesting option.

Very cool. I just might need to buy one.

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Sure glad I wasn't there with all the swifties.    I hope she enjoyed her dinner.   We love the happy hour at The Black Whale.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Swifties have lost their minds.  The crowd that formed around the LBI place once word got out that she was there was nuts.

She's just a person going out to eat.   I would hate having that much attention everywhere you go

I feel bad for anyone else that was there for dinner.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Very cool. I just might need to buy one.

@bobmaclibertyWish I had one of these just now, had a pod of 8 dolphins swim by . beautiful to see with our own eyes but would be even better with an aerial view from a little drone like this 

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Is this in a shared van? I have never seen s rate of $20 RT for a solo without negotiation.

It depends... I usually am able to drum up some other passengers, and my guy drops the rate to $15pp if I get 8 or more people.  But he's also taken just me for the $20 rate.  When I apologized for it being just me that day, he said that it was $20 he wouldn't have earned otherwise, so he was grateful for the business.  

He'll customize your day any way you want... Let's Go Roatan Tours.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I just asked my daughter and she said the Vet prescribed Trazadone (sp?).  It totally knocked Lola out, so she hasn't given it to her since.  

That's why I asked the vet for an anti-anxiety medication versus a tranquilizer... I couldn't imagine the mental anguish Dexy would experience if he could feel his fear but was too knocked out to do anything about it (like hide in the basement, etc.) because of a tranquilizer.

The Xanax works well, because it calms him down without knocking him out, so he's still able to function at a basic level. I recommend everyone with an anxious dog discuss it with their vet!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Lenoard doesn't really have a dinner time as there is always a bowl for him to nosh on. And since he's my stepdaughter cat, she keeps the bowl in her bedroom. 

But when it starts to get to low & she's not home, he'll find me, meow very loudly at me & then turn an run away. He'll stop & turn around to see if I'm following him. If not, he'll come back & meow at me again very loudly. Eventually I'll give in & follow him. Of course,  he'll always lead me to his bowl as if to say "See, it's not full enough.  I can see my reflection in the bottom ". (It's a metal bowl). 

There will be a plastic bowl in his near future. 

Sounds like Leonard has you well-trained!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Skinny little Lucy has been on her hyperthyroid Rx cream for a week now. Hopefully, she will fill out a little in the next few months so her bones won’t be so prominent.

IMG_0508.thumb.jpeg.336782d8fe54e06eb7e4a831f6952f1f.jpeg

Bobby has been hyperthyroid for 3 years and his thyroid hormones keep breaking through the medication and he gets skinny and vomits sometimes. I've never heard of medicated cream. He is up to 15 mg. of Felimazole a day. (which is like a people dose) But he is doing pretty well and goes back to the vet on Tuesday to have his thyroid checked again. 

Bobby loves his pet carrier box. We just leave it in the living room, and he sleeps in it, off and on during the day and sometimes at night. 😊 I had a photo, but things seem to be posting wonky, so never mind. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 7

Nice sunny Sunday in Sydney.  We drove up to the Central Coast. DH to ride his new mountain bike on the fire trail.  Me, to do the nice little coastal walk combining a bit of  bush and boardwalks to a lookout.  We met up afterwards to have  a casual lunch at the beachside kiosk.  As we were leaving DH spotted something in the sea.  He said a whale, I said no, it looks like dolphins.  He raced off to get his binoculars from the car.  You could see them from the beach but the binoculars helped us count.  They were a pod of eight.  Beautiful to see & watch for a while but impossible to photograph.D75B1D94-2C8B-467D-A7FC-8B2C615A574D.thumb.jpeg.63b84293f0b90c069bb7960d6722b8a8.jpeg

D28D83B4-C7B3-4F25-A7FA-364DE2723807.thumb.jpeg.e4736e361211c637d6bed70b9798dbe7.jpeg

480B1DC8-EBD4-4587-8CA4-6EDE9E2A39B0.thumb.jpeg.ff7b6dd23c7f2021f724380efbbbc766.jpeg

2EF3EDC5-0A78-4C1C-BF26-C234239690A3.thumb.jpeg.a93083608208c611b97b75feeeb43912.jpeg

FEBFC617-84C8-4224-84AB-0C8A0B53D51C.thumb.jpeg.135a76b51e7f1b8b3254b492af7ca883.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

And just out of curiosity @TravelGirlinDallas have you had any new carpets installed recently? It would only be anecdotal, of course. But there is some speculation that more cats are becoming hyperthyroid because of the stain proofing in new carpeting and the fact that they lay on it and bathe so much with their tongues. 

Bobby, and a previous cat, Walter both developed hyperthyroidism after new carpeting was installed.  I was just kind of curious if any others noticed a connection. 

• Like 3