Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen’s hockey this weekend, the team had one win and one tie.

Owen also the game puck from the 4-3 win. He scored 3 goals.last nights game he got an assist. 

IMG_2347.thumb.jpeg.2fdc323f529122596649363128acfa6c.jpeg

Wow Owen!!!!  More congratulations for this awesome athlete!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Odyssey has one of these glass walkways over the ocean. I always fine myself with my hands grasping the railing.... just in case....

Have you walked on the glass in the Space Needle in Seattle? 

image.thumb.png.3ff97f07b1a0771c7c065566d4d9d9b3.png

Hard to realize how high it is from the above pic.  Here is one looking up at it.

image.thumb.png.25eb1ffa8ffb9a4d77e191180dcb9c25.png

• Like 7

Just got back from my GI Dr, the feeding tube that I had for my cancer treatment is now gone.  3 weeks of cruise food, particularly my favorite while cruising, is breakfast, served in Chops, which is a Pinnacle benefit, no food from the tube.

• Like 28

49 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

These pumpkins martini's sound delightful!

Several years ago Jim and I were at our Condo for Thanksgiving, so I hosted a small dinner with two of our elderly friends.  One of them said she'd provide the pies.  "What kinds do you and Jim like?"  I told her I love Pumpkin, and Jim loves Lemon Merangue.  (sp?)  I couldn't wait for dessert!  I went to my friends condo next door where the pies were.  I was so disappointed when I opened the boxes and found a lemon merangue and an apple pie.  We headed home the following week, and my daughter surprised me with a pumpkin pie!!  I was thrilled, especially since I am the only person in the family who eats it.  Thank goodness for daughters who look out for you!😉

I love pumpkin pie .Toby bakes two every year for our family Thanksgiving dinner.This year will be a special year because a cousin who everyone in my family and extended family lost touch with surprised us all by inviting herself .

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Just got back from my GI Dr, the feeding tube that I had for my cancer treatment is now gone.  3 weeks of cruise food, particularly my favorite while cruising, is breakfast, served in Chops, which is a Pinnacle benefit, no food from the tube.

Congratulations, Francis!  Great to hear that all is good!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations to the Happy Couple, Amanda and Patrick, as you exchange your Wedding Vows on your Cruise this week!💖

Congratulations to the parents of the Groom, Laura and John 💖 @John&LaLa

Bon Voyage to our friends Laura, John, Nikki and Graham @PompeySailor, and Ellen @molly361!!!

🛳️🛳️🛳️

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Excellent news.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Hard to realize how high it is from the above pic.  Here is one looking up at it.

I have not! I don't have any issue with heights at all. I do seem to have a little issue with glass being the barrier between where I am and where gravity wants me to be.

• Like 6
  • Haha 13

55 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We have walked the glass floor in the CN tower in Toronto, and the glass floor in the Tower bridge in London.   I don’t think Susan has put both feet on at the same time.   

It is interesting that one of the restaurants in our area has a glass floor over vats for craft beer.   They went a little further and added a cracked glass effect on a couple of the panels.  You should see the people avoid walking on those.  I know I have a photo somewhere, so I will have to look for it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have not! I don't have any issue with heights at all. I do seem to have a little issue with glass being the barrier between where I am and where gravity wants me to be.

I am with you on that one.  Think I have mentioned here before but even had an issues at the 9/11 museum.  They a room where artifacts are under the glass floor with benches around the edge of the room with tributes to those lost playing.  I had to sit on the closest bench, couldn't walk across the glass.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We have walked the glass floor in the CN tower in Toronto, and the glass floor in the Tower bridge in London.   I don’t think Susan has put both feet on at the same time.   

It is interesting that one of the restaurants in our area has a glass floor over vats for craft beer.   They went a little further and added a cracked glass effect on a couple of the panels.  You should see the people avoid walking on those.  I know I have a photo somewhere, so I will have to look for it. 

Quite a few buildings in NYC have glass floors .

31 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I don't remember the glass floor in the Tower Bridge. Falling into a vat of beer might not bother me so much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I had a pumpkin spice martini, or two, the other night while we were out. They were delicious.

I told Mike we need to go out and buy the ingredients. Coming soon, at least within a week whenever I get to Toal Wine. 😁  I’m going to ask if they can make me one on the Odyssey in 3 weeks.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, Mary. It helps in a HUGE way, and, as I've said it repeatedly, I'm grateful to all of you.

Always happy to see you post on here. Take care.

3 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Try looking up Paul Prudhomme’s Sweet Potato Pecan Pie!

That sounds delicious.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have, but Mike wouldn’t. He said if it falls through he lands on ground while he will on a ship since he would end up in the water. Go figure considering his job. 🤷🏼‍♀️

2 hours ago, mo&fran said:

So happy to hear it’s out and you’re doing good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I've stood above where the beams cross but couldn't really get myself to put all of my weight where there's just glass below.  It really bothers me that my fear of heights trumps my engineering brain's knowledge that there's no way I'm going to fall through. 🫣

APC_2917.thumb.JPG.ee517e8c56a4c425f19782b311d6b396.JPG

I'd much prefer to look out than to look down.

IMG_9101.thumb.jpg.9cfb099d30271d9a4819a023f725d3d4.jpg

On a business trip to China, we went to the observation deck of the Canton Tower in Guangzhou. I think it's still the second tallest tower in the world, just above the CN Tower.  There's a glass "box" that sticks out from the side of the tower, 1420 feet (433 meters) above the ground.  I took a picture of a friend of mine standing out there, but there was no way I was going out there myself.  He didn't exactly look carefree out there either.

IMG_1580.thumb.jpg.dad17377cef1227727fc3ba218445a8f.jpg

The real test, which I want to visit but will never do, is the "Step into the Void" glass box in the French Alps.  It's at 3842 meters (12,600 feet) above sea level with a 1000 meter (3280 feet) drop straight down.  Incredible to look at, but no thanks!  No idea who these people are...just found this video on YouTube

step-into-the-void-credits-alexis-moro-associated-press.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

No wonder you and Mike get along so well. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ReneeFLL said:

I have, but Mike wouldn’t. He said if it falls through he lands on ground while he will on a ship since he would end up in the water. Go figure considering his job. 🤷🏼‍♀️

It's weird.  Although I have a fear of heights, I've gone skydiving twice and didn't experience that fear at all, even when leaving the plane.  I think we were so high up (about 13,000 feet) and the ground so far away, that my perspective was thrown off.  Mike probably just has full faith in his plane.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've stood above where the beams cross but couldn't really get myself to put all of my weight where there's just glass below.  It really bothers me that my fear of heights trumps my engineering brain's knowledge that there's no way I'm going to fall through. 🫣

Sometime it is best to just let the right side of your brain take over and give the left side a rest.

• Like 5