Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Isn't there some way to click a filter and only show posts from the original poster in a Cruise Critic thread?  Or am I dreaming? 

That would be nice, but it’s just a dream at this point. The quoting with/of photos is something that I do not like people doing, unless the quoted photo is specific to the response. I also hate pictures with no spaces in between and more than 5/6 photos in a post. The read gets lost in too many photos. Just my thoughts

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

happy Birthday to both yours and Lenny’s.  Today is my second son’s birthday.  It seems like yesterday he was born, 46 today.  Sigh

Happy 46th birthday Marietta to your second son.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Her account looks to be gone and many posts missing.  It could be renamed or removed.  I just hope she is safe and well and just needed to get away from here for her own reasons.  Sending love if she sees this. 🙂 

+1 

22 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I hope that the dress photo would not earn her a game.  If it did, I highly doubt it would be her last straw as she is one of the nicest posters and not controversial in the least. 

100% agreed with everything you've written. 

21 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Her account looks to be gone and many posts missing.  It could be renamed or removed.  I just hope she is safe and well and just needed to get away from here for her own reasons.  Sending love if she sees this. 🙂 

Thank you. At one time, I used to know how to search for a poster but can't seem to remember how to do it.

Anyways, as you said, hope she is safe and well and it was her choice to step away, hopefully just temporarily while she gets adjusted to new situations.  

If anybody keeps in touch with her via other means, let her know her CC friends are thinking of her & wishing her the best. And a speedy return. 🙂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, George C said:

I enjoy the reviews of people from this thread and from others we have sailed with APDMOM had a really nice review recently. 

I've enjoyed all the reviews from people on this thread. Maybe because I have a "closer" connection?

32 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Isn't there some way to click a filter and only show posts from the original poster in a Cruise Critic thread?  Or am I dreaming? 

17 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

That would be nice, but it’s just a dream at this point.

It would be a great idea. 

Again, no disrespect to those that have reviews with lots of banter or random thoughts, just personal preference.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

You can search on a member's name if you go to the search box up in the blue bar and pull down.  You can change it to members, it is one of the last filter choices.

Thank you again.

Amazingly simple, I can't believe I forgot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

Thank you again.

Amazingly simple, I can't believe I forgot.

There used to be a way to search on a particular poster within a thread, which was a lot easier, but we lost that when they changed platforms.  I used to like to be able to click on the list of posters within a thread and only see their posts listed.  I never found a way to only look at those posts as some are trying to figure out for reviews and I don't think this platform allows it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Let me know how to do that if you learn of one. Another issue your " expert inner geek" is being requested for please.

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

happy Birthday to both yours and Lenny’s.  Today is my second son’s birthday.  It seems like yesterday he was born, 46 today.  Sigh

Happy birthday to your son ,Marietta.It is also my god daughters 46th.birthdayShe and my daughter were in the same baby nursery .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Happy birthday to your son ,Marietta.It is also my god daughters 46th.birthdayShe and my daughter were in the same baby nursery .

Happy 46th birthday to your god daughter too Lenny.

af92a10f0950f7e46560f8920e495581.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

I just finished my Singing for Parkinson’s .We were 114 people today from an all over the world Zoom .We sang songs of the 1960’s  beginning with a Shirelles song from 1961,a year that I recall quite vividly .It was the year of my HS graduation .A year when students were entering college,others going to work and others entering various branches of the military.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I think this has already been posted but will re-post. A thread has been created specifically for people to post links to their world cruise reviews.

Be interesting to see if someone can keep a "live" review going for 274 days. Even more interesting to see if their perception changes once the uniqueness wears off & they've eaten their 200+ dinner in a row in the MDR. 😀😉

Personally, I have trouble keeping up with a regular 7 day "Live" review although that could be my ADHD kicking in. LOL

I think a lot of those were just posting links to their YouTube, or FB, or blog sites, and I didn’t get the impression anyone of them was going to attempt a LIVE

3 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

Tomorrow is my oldest sons 44th birthday.  We will be celebrating this weekend as well.   Happy Birthday to your daughter. 🙂

Happy birthday to your oldest son.

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Happy birthday to your second son.  

Looks like lots of December birthdays.  Both my son and my son-in-law have birthdays coming up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pretty harsh critics on live reviews here.  I was debating on possibly doing one next week, but don’t think I can devote that kind of time.   I may just post a few things here, since I have even had trouble keeping up here lately. 

On another note, luggage tags for our second cruise were available today, so another thing off my list.

• Like 16

Just did a little shopping, first I had a 20 dollar coupon for my favorite store total wine , stocked up on cognac, single malt scotch and my Johnny Walker Gold , then half price books , turned a bunch in to make room on bookshelves, got a recent David Baldacci plus John Sandford , Dark of the moon and Rules of prey, wife had a good nights sleep and sounds a lot better 😁😁, she will miss her office Christmas party which is tomorrow, I have a great picture from a office Christmas party of her with Ross Perot who was a amazing individual. 

Edited by George C
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

Pretty harsh critics on live reviews here.  I was debating on possibly doing one next week, but don’t think I can devote that kind of time.   I may just post a few things here, since I have even had trouble keeping up here lately. 

On another note, luggage tags for our second cruise were available today, so another thing off my list.

I'd go for it if you're at all thinking of doing so.  Don't feel pressured to post on any frequency or with any specific content.  If you feel like it's too much after a few days, just stop.  Do what works for you. It's your vacation.

From personal experience, live reviews can definitely take a fair amount of time, especially if you want the content to be well edited/polished.  It's sometimes easier just to treat it like a journal where you dump thoughts from your brain into words, with accompanying pictures as you see fit.  No matter what you do, someone will complain, but many more people will recognize that you're on vacation and appreciate your efforts.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Interesting, I tried "tagging" her but it didn't work. Not sure if I spelled it correctly? Usually the name comes right up after the first few letters.

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I hope that the dress photo would not earn her a game.  If it did, I highly doubt it would be her last straw as she is one of the nicest posters and not controversial in the least. 

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

After seeing this I had to check things out. She is one of my favorite reviewers and has a great heart.  I am hoping that there is just a glitch and things are just being reset.  Here are some screen shots of what I found. 

By looking at her last blog it appears her account is gone.  It now says "guest" wrote the blog.

Screenshot_20231206_135318_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.05e6a4ac33fe2393ab0a1717d97db750.jpg

When she is quoted her user name still appears....

Screenshot_20231206_140102_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.0e1ed856d32c62875790e477986f094e.jpg

Usually when you click on a quote it takes you back to the original post.  When I clicked this one this is what came up.

Screenshot_20231206_140129_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b7f15e64eeefbad2fb98257089bfe40d.jpg

We can't say exactly why this is all happening.   Let's hope all ends well.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Apologies if I came across harsh.   It's really more of a "me" problem as I sometimes have trouble keeping up on a fast moving Live reviews. Slow reader, I guess. Not knocking the people that do live reviews or participate in the review threads.   It's why these forums are here after all.

@bobmacliberty gave perfect advice, so if you can, please do. And if you rather disconnect from the world - especially after the last few weeks/months that you had - perfectly understandable.  Enjoy!

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

After seeing this I had to check things out. She is one of my favorite reviewers and has a great heart.  I am hoping that there is just a glitch and things are just being reset.  Here are some screen shots of what I found. 

By looking at her last blog it appears her account is gone.  It now says "guest" wrote the blog.

Screenshot_20231206_135318_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.05e6a4ac33fe2393ab0a1717d97db750.jpg

When she is quoted her user name still appears....

Screenshot_20231206_140102_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.0e1ed856d32c62875790e477986f094e.jpg

Usually when you click on a quote it takes you back to the original post.  When I clicked this one this is what came up.

Screenshot_20231206_140129_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b7f15e64eeefbad2fb98257089bfe40d.jpg

We can't say exactly why this is all happening.   Let's hope all ends well.

☹️ sorry to see this, I too hope it is just a reset of her account and not something more.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, akcruz said:

☹️ sorry to see this, I too hope it is just a reset of her account and not something more.

I subscribed to her youtube channel since she had nice videos from Colorado, and all content is gone.  I believe the name is her married name,  she may have changed it,

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2