Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

First sand sculptures of the new year.  Busy morning. 

The dolphin was a popular photo op for a lot of people on the beach. 

IMG_0432.thumb.jpeg.9a67a2fa3b2d4e7cb3fa8279727fd7d3.jpeg

Sand castle was a last minute, 5 minute build for the kids. 

IMG_0435.thumb.jpeg.8e10b4db0449a10abbc78f19682b7e02.jpeg

• Like 17

Is "Love Actually" a Christmas movie? If so, I'm still watching Christmas movies. I guess it is since it is set at Christmas time and features a somewhat unique Christmas song.  Pretty good for a Rom-Com. I can't believe it was made 20 years ago & I've never seen it. Unfortunately, last night was it's last night on Netflix.

Needing to regain my manliness, I then watch "Ford vs Ferrari".  True story & great acting by Matt Damon and Christian Bale. Yeah Ford & go America! ** fist pump**  Unfortunately, yesterday was also it's last day on Hulu.

Not sure if either movie will end up on another streaming service. And that's how I spent my New Years Eve!

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

The resort had areas open for all and some reserved areas. We did splurged for the private area. We got some bottles of champagne and party favours. 

IMG_3058.thumb.jpeg.bbbb8120b231b3f6092d3bc8a13cd39c.jpeg

IMG_3068.thumb.jpeg.ad8f626bd6157286f0bd1240c25b6a3e.jpeg

They had preformers, dancers, fire artists and the like to entertain. 

I called these guys the Jiffy Pop Kids.

IMG_3076.thumb.jpeg.cfefa9dc9feed2e4b0d439357e0f9b6e.jpeg

IMG_3096.thumb.jpeg.d1eaa86ed37b4aa5428c9fc18db5d081.jpeg

Some people bought bottles of tequila. I don’t want to know how they are feeling this morning. 

IMG_3102.thumb.jpeg.69e7f581bac7310665bf5869ce1ab1e9.jpeg

IMG_3104.thumb.jpeg.666a9755f06bf0b900df46e311075238.jpeg

IMG_3127.thumb.jpeg.7f0b350531b414cca13bc84fc74e9591.jpeg

The party was still going strong at 1am. 

IMG_3147.thumb.jpeg.bc25d4b7e9304bca97ddcbcdbf21f245.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 17

35 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Is "Love Actually" a Christmas movie? If so, I'm still watching Christmas movies. I guess it is since it is set at Christmas time and features a somewhat unique Christmas song.  Pretty good for a Rom-Com. I can't believe it was made 20 years ago & I've never seen it. Unfortunately, last night was it's last night on Netflix.

Needing to regain my manliness, I then watch "Ford vs Ferrari".  True story & great acting by Matt Damon and Christian Bale. Yeah Ford & go America! ** fist pump**  Unfortunately, yesterday was also it's last day on Hulu.

Not sure if either movie will end up on another streaming service. And that's how I spent my New Years Eve!

We also still watching Christmas movies, yesterday was

Christmas in Connecticut 

National lampoon Christmas vacation 

White Christmas ( I saw Danny Kaye on broadway in two by two in the 70’s)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Unfortunately, I think the Bryant Park Winter Village will be gone by the time we get there

Sort of. The tree & gift shops will be gone but the ice slating rink & pop-up bar & restaurant are there until early March.  Still worth the visit & honestly,with maybe one or two exceptions,  there was nothing unique about the gift shops that you couldn't find in any gift shop in any other touristy destination or shopping mall.

I'm always hesitant about giving dining recommendations as people tastes & expectations vary, plus when I'm at MSG, it's for a Ranger game so most places I go to are sports bars/Irish pubs. Having said that, here are a few non-fine dining options:

Stout is huge, 3 levels & can handle large crowds quickly and efficiently.  Located 1 block from The Garden.

https://www.stoutnyc.com/location/stout-nyc-penn-station/

The Keg Room is about 3 blocks away, smaller but less crowded.  With 45 TV's, you'll be able to see any game, anywhere in the world from where ever you sit. At anytime. Feel free to cheer on your favorite Rugby or Cricket team.

http://www.thekegroom.nyc/#snippet

Mustang Harry's somehow became one of the "go-to" bars when visiting MSG and as such, will probably be the most crowded.  But I never had a bad meal  there either.

https://www.mustangharrys.com/

Of the three, I tend to favor The Keg room, mostly for convenience. It's about half-way on the walk from Grand Central to MSG.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Sort of. The tree & gift shops will be gone but the ice slating rink & pop-up bar & restaurant are there until early March.  Still worth the visit & honestly,with maybe one or two exceptions,  there was nothing unique about the gift shops that you couldn't find in any gift shop in any other touristy destination or shopping mall.

I'm always hesitant about giving dining recommendations as people tastes & expectations vary, plus when I'm at MSG, it's for a Ranger game so most places I go to are sports bars/Irish pubs. Having said that, here are a few non-fine dining options:

Stout is huge, 3 levels & can handle large crowds quickly and efficiently.  Located 1 block from The Garden.

https://www.stoutnyc.com/location/stout-nyc-penn-station/

The Keg Room is about 3 blocks away, smaller but less crowded.  With 45 TV's, you'll be able to see any game, anywhere in the world from where ever you sit. At anytime. Feel free to cheer on your favorite Rugby or Cricket team.

http://www.thekegroom.nyc/#snippet

Mustang Harry's somehow became one of the "go-to" bars when visiting MSG and as such, will probably be the most crowded.  But I never had a bad meal  there either.

https://www.mustangharrys.com/

Of the three, I tend to favor The Keg room, mostly for convenience. It's about half-way on the walk from Grand Central to MSG.

Thank you so much for this.  All 3 look like great options...just the kind of places that we're looking for.  

• Like 2

New Year’s Eve dinner was the pork (ribs).  
But today was my favorite. 

IMG_0005.thumb.jpeg.5b1d55dba8aa72b5cfac3409bdf900ef.jpeg

Turkey
Mashed potatoes 

Stuffing

Pan drippings gravy

Green bean casserole 

Cherry jello

Dinner rolls 

Yummy 

Be safe. 

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

Today is muffins 3rd birthday 

IMG-7fca39ae38d3b2a86256ee738a052f20-V.jpg

S/He's ready to get the party started🥳  Happy Birthday Muffin!   

Add me the chin scratches list or a belly rub.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Thank you so much for this.  All 3 look like great options...just the kind of places that we're looking for.  

Also, the there is a massive construction project going on in front of MSG. I think they are trying to rebuild a skyscraper without tearing it down. Anyways, be prepared for road and sidewalk closures and masses of people trying to navigate the narrow "temporary"  walkways around the construction. I've been there 6 times in the past 3 months and the walkways are always reconfigured differently. 

Adding to the mayhem will be commuters trying to catch NJ Transit & Amtrak trains at rush hour. You might need to channel your inner "Buffalo Bills Linebacker" and push your way thru the crowd otherwise you may find yourself stuck on a street corner for the rest of your life.  It's okay to be rude. It's NYC. It's expected.  However much time your GPS tells you need to get there, triple it.  That way you can relax and enjoy all the, uh,  "energy" the city has to offer.

INSIDER TIP: When approaching the glass doors where security is on the other side, head to the center doors. For some reason these are the least busy so security on the other side is less crowded. Look for the "No Bag" lines if your wife does not have a handbag & you'll zip right thru.

For @maggieq to

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1