Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

You saw it here first! Well, maybe. I booked an extra cruise just so we would have the right number of points to get this. 😁 We also had it signed by Captain Loy.

20240201_121918.thumb.jpg.10858830500096411a84755f5b4f6663.jpg

20240201_121928.thumb.jpg.71737ed9dab8f621d569c41a4697403a.jpg

20240201_121947.thumb.jpg.5a426816dc3009305b1e5c7758e26e98.jpg

20240201_121940.thumb.jpg.df0425a809e6dcb6776d322e49f09971.jpg

Nice!   Congratulations🤩

39 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We watched at home.  I think it was on Vudu

That has to be record time for a movie to go from theater to streaming!  It's actually still in some theaters.

• Like 2

Just now, cruiselvr04 said:

DH took this this morning at 6 a.m when she came in.  On board. We won't have internet so I won't post much but thought you might enjoy this picture.

IMG_20240202_123807.jpg

Bon Voyage!!!  Have a great time on your cruise!🛳️

• Like 1

Spoiler alert:  The following has a happy ending.

I haven’t been posting much in the last week or two.  I’ve been in a heavy “funk” and didn’t want to burden my Dani/Bella friends with personal stuff about someone close to me that isn’t in your world.  Now I can share.

My NY BFF, Thea, friend of my heart, had not replied to my numerous phone calls, texts, emails for the past 2+ weeks.  Her cell mail box was full so I couldn’t leave a message.  We talk at least 2x a month and this was so unlike her.

Thea called today and said she was busy with some construction work and that she should have cleared her messages and gotten in touch with me.

I always am relieved when I can share good news about the people I love.

If you've been putting it off, or are busy, take a moment to call a friend!  It'll make them smile. 😃

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Mine three...especially if I'm by myself.  One of the advantages of traveling internationally while working was that could watch a lot of movies on a plane.  That was my time to catch up on "guy flicks" while Micheline was at home catching up on "chick flicks".  

I only had one job where traveling was involved and solely in the US .

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I haven’t been posting much in the last week or two.  I’ve been in a heavy “funk” and didn’t want to burden my Dani/Bella friends with personal stuff about someone close to me that isn’t in your world.  Now I can share.

My NY BFF, Thea, friend of my heart, had not replied to my numerous phone calls, texts, emails for the past 2+ weeks.  Her cell mail box was full so I couldn’t leave a message.  We talk at least 2x a month and this was so unlike her.

Thea called today and said she was busy with some construction work and that she should have cleared her messages and gotten in touch with me.

If you've been putting it off, or are busy, take a moment to call a friend!  It'll make them smile. 😃

Glad it was a happy ending & when in a funk, this is the place to be to help unload the burden, even if it's just a little bit.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Can understand your funk and all the thoughts you would have had. Glad Thea finally got in touch with you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/31/2024 at 2:04 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks. Just in case I am going to have my travel umbrella so that I can at least explore the island. Between that, a bathing suit, and water shoes I am going to make this work. I don't care so much about just lounging in the sun.

Enjoy OB, at least if you're in the sea (my fav place in the world), you're already wet, so rain won't really matter

Have a great holiday 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/31/2024 at 11:29 AM, Ocean Boy said:

FB_IMG_1706700355950.thumb.jpg.06246f786eca8fcb0dd9d867071aa242.jpg

Except  when you hear your dog (or cat) being sick at 2am then it's a problem that has to be sorted straight away. Luckily in the very rare times it happens (two nights ago) Gary deals with it 😬

• Like 4

On 1/31/2024 at 10:02 PM, cruiselvr04 said:

Yesterday we did take the ferry to Manly and enjoyed the afternoon at the beach.  On our walk there we picked up a picnic lunch.  We don’t get in further than our knees as it’s cold!  I forgot it was the Pacific.  Hopefully when we get up to the GBR the water will be warmer.  

In the a.m. we did our work out and climbed the South pylon museum steps.  We saw climbers on the bridge and decided our climb of 200 steps was a good choice.

Today we’re planning a trip to the Queen Victoria building, maybe China town and then the Royal gardens.  Tonight is the the Sydney opera “The magic flute”. 

Today the “Queen Elizabeth” is parked outside our door.

172D445E-12F1-4CF6-A4D6-CA772AB0640A.jpeg

Enjoying your holiday report, please keep it coming 🙂 

Just read your won't have Internet, hope to hear your views when you get home.

Have a wonderful cruise

Edited by sgmn

Yesterday our day out was to Cliveden. 

The house has burnt down twice and has been rebuilt. It has had some famous owners including the Waldorf-Astor family. Three generations of the family ashes  are in the Chapel in the grounds which are extensive, running down to the Thames. 

One of the cottages in the grounds was the scene of the famous '60s profumo scandal 

Which was made into a mini series " the trial of Christine Keeler'  a few years ago

Great for walking molly through the extensive grounds 

Here's a view from a distance

20240201_131909.thumb.jpg.4071ece6ed7c9db8d422aea790d37b21.jpg

the grounds just in front of the house (which is a leased as a luxury hotel)

20240201_114252.thumb.jpg.738ff0907d5fb975bfc9d9408464216a.jpg

the walk contines down to the Thames

20240201_124318.thumb.jpg.9ffad51f616fc360d28233703ac2bf20.jpg

20240201_123006.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Happy Groundhog Day.   Which reminds me, I need to find that movie and watch it for the 💯 time.

Oh, and I just saw a story this morning about a Pizza Hut in Canada.  They had a very unfortunate case of autocorrect when they made this sign. 

IMG_6665.thumb.jpeg.9190e5bb6d02c8eea0904d506439f4c9.jpeg

• Haha 27

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Yesterday our day out was to Cliveden. 

The house has burnt down twice and has been rebuilt. It has had some famous owners including the Waldorf-Astor family. Three generations of the family ashes  are in the Chapel in the grounds which are extensive, running down to the Thames. 

One of the cottages in the grounds was the scene of the famous '60s profumo scandal 

Which was made into a mini series " the trial of Christine Keeler'  a few years ago

Great for walking molly through the extensive grounds 

Here's a view from a distance

20240201_131909.thumb.jpg.4071ece6ed7c9db8d422aea790d37b21.jpg

the grounds just in front of the house (which is a leased as a luxury hotel)

20240201_114252.thumb.jpg.738ff0907d5fb975bfc9d9408464216a.jpg

the walk contines down to the Thames

20240201_124318.thumb.jpg.9ffad51f616fc360d28233703ac2bf20.jpg

20240201_123006.jpg

Lovely outing with lovely weather.  Thanks for sharing the history of the places you visit Sue.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 2