Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Spent last night in Roanoke,Virginia in a hotel near train station.

On a train now heading north to NJ to see our Son and my  2 Sisters who we have not see in 3 years. We will be there until Friday.

Last night dinner at Cabo and us on the train leaving Roanoke this morning at 6:20am

20240204_155730.jpg

20240204_155812.jpg

20240204_162006.jpg

Screenshot_20240205-061332_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20240205-062052_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20240205-062058_YouTube.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 22

18 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Maryann, please get that FL weather straightened out before we get there Feb 21st!

We're giving up and flying to Punta Cana on the 19th in search of warm weather.  I hope you have better luck in Florida.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I think it’s a joke, but also an invitation.  

I guess we have to wait to see what color loofa they hang on their door handle. The following is the golf cart loofa guide. 

IMG_3363.thumb.jpeg.04e706b960fa253d8ec7db8e1dfccd22.jpeg

This is hanging in our shower.  What have I been missing all of these years????

IMG_1150.thumb.jpg.b662dde2419742828a7663326bba7554.jpg

• Haha 18

15 hours ago, akcruz said:

Two years ago we had spent 1 night on Amelia Island and enjoyed so wanted to go back and stay longer.  The sunset pic is from the Salty Pelican there.

As above I think you already know 1 of our stops pretty well.  If you haven't been try Patios Restaurant in Fernandinda Beach, neat little restaurant.

Love The Patio.  Great food, usually good live music, and a nice casual atmosphere.  It has become very popular and hard to get in without reservations.

We eat at the Salty Pelican a lot and enjoy the upstairs area for the sunset views over the marsh/Amelia River.  You may have forgotten to post your photo, so here's one of ours.  The sky was lit spectacularly.  There was a replica of the Santa Maria at the marina that's partially blocking the view.

IMG_7811.thumb.JPG.a37ef0b57b2fac300525fe114519de9c.JPG

• Like 19

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I brought a grey one this cruise.....I suppose I don't have to worry about those knocks on my door. And it is hanging in the shower like your pink one, not on the cabin door. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

So today is the first of two sea days on our way to Aruba. The weather is picture perfect this morning.

Yesterday was Coco Cay. It was a bit breezy and cloudy on and off. Maybe not the perfect beach day but good enough and totally fine for someone like me who was more interested in walking around and exploring rather than sitting around on a beach. It did start raining around 3 PM until 4:30 but I was already back on the ship. I accomplished everything that I wanted to and weather turned out to not be the issue that I thought it might from the forecast. I enjoyed the day and exploring. It was really nice having an enclosed solarium when the rain did arrive. I listened to some music and had a view of our next door neighbor, Liberty of the Seas.

If anyone has any questions about Coco Cay I'd be glad to try to help. I was thinking about maybe starting a thread comparing CC with Labadee. Maybe it will happen... maybe not.

20240204_160944.thumb.jpg.59cf001270717f730911cefa7f76cf53.jpg

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was going to post a picture if my seat on the plane but I didn't want to make you jealous....😁😁😁

You are flying to a cruise and I am at home, obviously I'm already jealous.  🙂

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

@Arzeena Good morning. Don't confuse the sunrise for the true stars of this photo.

LOLOLOL

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

If they make in into your cabin it might already be too late, well unless... 😂

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

On a train now heading north to NJ to see our Son and my  2 Sisters who we have not see in 3 years. We will be there until Friday.

Safe travels and enjoy the time with your family.  Dinner looked amazing as well. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, akcruz said:

Our 2 favorites this trip were Siesta Key and Amelia Island.  One thing we realized is that many of the areas close to the beaches look the same and very similar to the tourists areas here.  

Hadn't been to the Sarasota, or west coast FL in 34 years wow has it grown.  Took a ride to Lido Key, where we had stayed last time and it was so much more developed.  Siesta Key is much more relaxed, although still busy, few hotels/motels.  We stayed in a "condo" walking distance to shops, restaurants and the beach.  

Two years ago we had spent 1 night on Amelia Island and enjoyed so wanted to go back and stay longer.  The sunset pic is from the Salty Pelican there.

As I think I mentioned before we had been hoping for warmer weather but at least it didn't rain.  Many days were very breezy with temps in the 60s.  It was in the 20s here in SC when we left, warming up to the 40s.  

As above I think you already know 1 of our stops pretty well.  If you haven't been try Patios Restaurant in Fernandinda Beach, neat little restaurant.

Our other stops, besides above, were Cape Canaveral, Jupiter and Fort Lauderdale by car.  All ok but nothing to rush back to,  visited friends in both spots.

Thanks April.  Siesta Key is one of our favorites, we’ve spent a few days there on a couple of trips. This year we are giving Anna Maria Island a try.  We’ve also been to Amelia Island just for day trips. Our oldest DD’s in-laws have a house there and we’ve stopped to visit them a few times. It is an area we’d like to explore a bit more.  

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I'm trying, Deb!  I think perhaps the day after tomorrow it will begin improving around here.  I sure hope so!  We will be having a Jimmy Buffett party around the pool on the 22nd.  

That sounds like fun!  

39 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We're giving up and flying to Punta Cana on the 19th in search of warm weather.  I hope you have better luck in Florida.

We’ll be cruising from 2/26 to 3/9 ( S2S, 4 night + 8 night) so even if FL doesn’t cooperate, the Caribbean should 🤞.  

• Like 11

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Love The Patio.  Great food, usually good live music, and a nice casual atmosphere.  It has become very popular and hard to get in without reservations.

We eat at the Salty Pelican a lot and enjoy the upstairs area for the sunset views over the marsh/Amelia River.  You may have forgotten to post your photo, so here's one of ours.  The sky was lit spectacularly.  There was a replica of the Santa Maria at the marina that's partially blocking the view.

IMG_7811.thumb.JPG.a37ef0b57b2fac300525fe114519de9c.JPG

This is the shot I was referring to, not as nice as yours but was happy to get this one.  

20240131_175813.thumb.jpg.3fbfe419a0d03572359f45b1a6e97ae9.jpg

The Patio was recomended to us by a local we met.  Got there just before 5 and there was already a 30 minute wait.  We got lucky and snagged bar seat soon after so really no wait.  It was burger night, amazing burgers for a great price.

We will definitely be back to your island again but want to keep trying different spots as well.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

@Sea DogI guess this week it is my turn to provide your "fix". I'm always a little disappointed when I don't get whistled at.

20240204_081334.thumb.jpg.6ce1e51a6177cab918986c1b9002ce4e.jpg

20240204_081417.thumb.jpg.3cfef4eca9b174ed216675c6465d6531.jpg

20240204_081502.thumb.jpg.32d9124530500d28983ef155fc3d700d.jpg

Nice! Yeah not getting yelled out kinda takes the fun out of it. Nice lines and yes you are a winner!!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Nice! Yeah not getting yelled out kinda takes the fun out of it. Nice lines and yes you are a winner!!

Easy to be a winner when you are the only player... like in Monopoly.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

@Sea DogI guess this week it is my turn to provide your "fix". I'm always a little disappointed when I don't get whistled at.

20240204_081334.thumb.jpg.6ce1e51a6177cab918986c1b9002ce4e.jpg

20240204_081417.thumb.jpg.3cfef4eca9b174ed216675c6465d6531.jpg

20240204_081502.thumb.jpg.32d9124530500d28983ef155fc3d700d.jpg

That is the same avitar I use on the Prince of Darkness site (also known as FB)

IMG_0633.jpeg

• Like 8

Presently at the Top Tier event. It is on Two70. This is one thing that I so much more enjoy on O class ships in the Aqua Theater. It is beautiful outside and I don't want to be inside. They are also wasting a lot of time having the orchestra play music that I don't really like. I want some divers...

I'm not a huge fan of Ken the cruise director either.

• Like 1

Getting caught up from the weekend.

@Arzeena @Ocean Boy @ReneeFLL   And anyone I missed.  Hope you all have fantastic time on your cruise.

@dani negreanu  you and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers.  Praying for peace to come soon.

To change topic.  We decided to take a drive up to our lake house on Saturday to check it out.  There had been quite a bit of fog in the area.  However, it did leave behind some of nature’s beauty.

While traveling north on I-75 in northern Michigan, I was able to snap this photo.  The trees were covered with a lacy ice that looked like feathers.  Unfortunately, the picture doesn’t do it justice.  

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

IMG_4280.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3