Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Playmaker's is on the Boardwalk? On Odyssey it is sort of remotely tucked away up in the Seaplex. I tend to forget that it even exists.

Yes, right in front of the carousel. Also on the boardwalk on the Wonder. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Helen and Marty and all our California family, hope you all are safe and stay safe. Hearing a lot about weather there.

Thanks, Arzeena.  We are fine.  I guess we missed a lot of the bad weather while we were gone last week.  It was pouring rain when we landed Saturday night and then it rained all day and night Sunday with wild gusty winds   The Atmospheric River has moved on now to Southern California where it is expected to be flooding, mudslides, power outages and record-setting rainfall totals.  You know the song that goes…

Seems it never rains in southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It never rains in California
But girl, don't they warn ya?
It pours, man, it pours

Remind me what ship are you sailing on?  Looks like you are having fun!

• Like 9

One thing I noticed about Coco Cay is that the food is much better than at Labadee. I don't see why RCI can't replicate the Snack Shack there. On Labadee I always go back to the ship for lunch. No need to do that at CC.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Rita’s cantina maybe, not sure.  I am too old to remember!

You have a good memory. It was originally Seafood Shack but then replaced with Sabor, the other Mexican restaurant.  Rita's was on Allure.

I think.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

You know the song that goes…

Seems it never rains in southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It never rains in California
But girl, don't they warn ya?
It pours, man, it pours

By Albert Hammond.🙂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

One thing I noticed about Coco Cay is that the food is much better than at Labadee. I don't see why RCI can't replicate the Snack Shack there. On Labadee I always go back to the ship for lunch. No need to do that at CC.

I agree, we were pleasantly surprised with the food on CocoCay.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@HBE4  HB, you have no idea how much your kind and reassuring words, and all the others' -- too many to quote -- are encouraging and heart warming. A BIG thank you to everyone of you.

We owe you a big thank-you for bringing us all together. Hopefully we are helping by giving you a distraction during these hard times. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Last night we had winner winner chicken dinner.  

The chicken was tightly wrapped in it’s packaging and stayed in the same positioning while cooking. It really looked to be relaxing at the beach, with a great tan. 

IMG_3585.thumb.jpeg.b38842dbddc2375fecb6746eb8cd7d5a.jpeg

Now it’s ready for the beach. 

IMG_3594.thumb.jpeg.9149ef8463b2ce1c64e271b0a83727ae.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 25

3 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

After the amazing iconic Icon cruise last week, it is back to reality.  It was wild and crazy wind and rain yesterday.  I almost felt like living through the Wizard of Oz tornado scene.  The storm finally let up today with just a few showers lingering.  There were thousands of customers without power but we were fortunate that it didn’t go out on us.

This morning, the rain gave way to this.

IMG_8761.thumb.jpeg.a4a4e175c969755718205383c64f34d5.jpeg

But this large beautiful tree at our neighborhood tennis court fell over yesterday afternoon during the storm.  It came crashing down and took out part of the tennis court fence.

IMG_8773.thumb.jpeg.764c2d3a50e6ff4004542b8ae5db3eaf.jpeg

IMG_8772.thumb.jpeg.5445454192cdd8e34e7ac4d4dfe8772d.jpeg

IMG_8767.thumb.jpeg.fa241740b78093afb7b4d616bb5a104c.jpeg

I saw the video on the national news of the heavy rain, and mudslides. I feel for you and hope you stay dry. I have dear friends that live in Studio City up in the hills. I always worry about them when it rains that much.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@FromSea2ShiningSea  Glad you and Marty are okay and didn't lose your electric.  Your tennis court injury reminds me of how our tennis court fencing got all messed up several years ago from one of our Hurricanes.  

@FromSea2ShiningSea @harryfat1 and myself are all in the SF Bay Area. The articles say almost a million in CA lost power during the height of the storm. Some are still without. The wind was just horrendous, with 70 mph gusts up where we are. There are lots of trees down. Harry lost an awning. 

But fortunately, like Helen, we didn't have any damage or outages. Just a mess of pine needles and branches that will need to be cleaned up when it dries out. ☺️ All the debris is from our neighbor's trees. My 3 trees are deciduous, so they hold up well in windstorms. It is mostly the eucalyptus and pine trees that come down in the storms. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 16

On 2/4/2024 at 7:44 AM, Keksie said:

Meet Kelly (as in Clarkson).  She showed up on the back porch, starving yesterday morning.  I will call the vet tomorrow morning and get her in for a complete check up asap.  

20240203_073545.thumb.jpg.4d75eb7bcf770e9851a18ca6fef8215a.jpg

She looks very comfortable and content!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

@dani negreanu There was a bit of light rain a few minutes ago, along with the sun and I knew a rainbow was nearby.  I looked out and sure enough I saw a full rainbow.  I ran and captured a portion of it for you.  Rainbow is a symbol of hope and that is what I’m sending you.  

IMG_8777.thumb.jpeg.3a590ef9cc778d0f15a55dc39cb5f908.jpeg

What a beautiful and thoughtful gesture, Helen!❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Last night we had winner winner chicken dinner.  

The chicken was tightly wrapped in it’s packaging and stayed in the same positioning while cooking. It really looked to be relaxing at the beach, with a great tan. 

IMG_3585.thumb.jpeg.b38842dbddc2375fecb6746eb8cd7d5a.jpeg

Now it’s ready for the beach. 

IMG_3594.thumb.jpeg.9149ef8463b2ce1c64e271b0a83727ae.jpeg

You are too funny, Andrew!!!😁

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Coralc said:

@FromSea2ShiningSea @harryfat1 and myself are all in the SF Bay Area. The articles say almost a million in CA lost power during the height of the storm. Some are still without. The wind was just horrendous, with 70 mph gusts up where we are. There are lots of trees down. Harry lost an awning. 

But fortunately, like Helen, we didn't have any damage or outages. Just a mess of pine needles and branches that will need to be cleaned up when it dries out. ☺️

Patti, I thought about you being up in the hills, if you were okay.  I’m so glad to hear from you that you didn’t sustain any damage.  Thank goodness, just a big mess all around.

41 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I saw the video on the national news of the heavy rain, and mudslides. I feel for you and hope you stay dry. I have dear friends that live in Studio City up in the hills. I always worry about them when it rains that much.

Yup, when it rains, it pours.  I wonder about our friend, @Tree_skier and @taznremmy who are down in So. Cal.  I hope Dave, Sharron and Pat are okay.

Greg, how are you doing with your knee and the pain?  How much longer before surgery?  Meanwhile, I hope you can find some relief somehow.  I have something for you.  This was right at a store at the port in St. Thomas.

IMG_7967.thumb.jpeg.f791170800962e952671ab3240d28618.jpeg

Their selection of Sea Dog T-shirts.  You probably have all of them already.  

IMG_7968.thumb.jpeg.a790be73cc61b03dbc2dedf20aca9bb1.jpeg

We were standing near the anchor on the ship, on the right side of the yellow line which we thought was legal but got whistled and yelled at for being beyond this gate.  There was a second yellow line at this gate.  

IMG_7937.thumb.jpeg.13b411bb71c99219aad6972ef88a6bc8.jpeg

@BonTexasNY Merv the Nerve has been happy lately, minding its own business and not bothering me too much.  How are you and Jack doing?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Coralc said:

But fortunately, like Helen, we didn't have any damage or outages. Just a mess of pine needles and branches that will need to be cleaned up when it dries out. ☺️ All the debris is from our neighbor's trees. My 3 trees are deciduous, so they hold up well in windstorms. It is mostly the eucalyptus and pine trees that come down in the storms. 

Thank goodness all three of you are all safe and didn't have any damage or outages from the storm!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Greg, how are you doing with your knee and the pain?  How much longer before surgery?  Meanwhile, I hope you can find some relief somehow.  I have something for you.  This was right at a store at the port in St. Thomas.

IMG_7967.thumb.jpeg.f791170800962e952671ab3240d28618.jpeg

Their selection of Sea Dog T-shirts.  You probably have all of them already.  

IMG_7968.thumb.jpeg.a790be73cc61b03dbc2dedf20aca9bb1.jpeg

We were standing near the anchor on the ship, on the right side of the yellow line which we thought was legal but got whistled and yelled at for being beyond this gate.  There was a second yellow line at this gate.  

IMG_7937.thumb.jpeg.13b411bb71c99219aad6972ef88a6bc8.jpeg

Knee is doing ok but my rom knee bend is not progressing as good as I would like. I’m stuck at 115 degrees and I need to be at 120 degrees or higher. I have done some scar tissue buildup on my quadricep that is being stubborn and not stretching. My therapist is really working the muscle which makes me extremely sore at night. I’m hoping I’ll get there.

I have most of those shirts. I’d love to get that banner. I wish I could own stock in that company. The owner knows me as I order so much.

Great mooring shots! Winner, winner with extra points for getting whistled at. Bravo!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I thought last night’s Grammys was entertaining, really enjoyed new Billy Joel, Joni Mitchell singing “both sides now” , Tracy Chapman and Stevie Wonder singing tribute to one of my favorites Tony Bennett who we saw many times. 

• Like 3