Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Obviously you are are a Clark hater. Give it a rest. She will be ok.

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

@Jimbo Caitlin Clark just proved you wrong about her. Might have not been her best game but Iowa prevailed. She will be a star in the WNBA! 

Not a Clark hater at all,just see how she struggled with a good defense on her.I really hope she does well. But the others players on her team really stepped up tonight as to why they won tonight's game.

But that last foul on that moving screen call was terrrible.Would have really been a good ending to a game without that to see what really would have happened.

Let's face it though womens basketball wants to see Clark in the Finals.

15 hours ago, HBE4 said:

That is quite an accomplishment, it speaks to his consistency.   Just bought my Ranger playoff tickets for rounds 1 & (hopefully) 2. Fingers-crossed, I don't see Sid the Kid. He's a Ranger-killer.

Alex Ovechkin is 46 goals away from breaking Gretzky records for career regular season goals. If he can keep up his current pace, that's about a 1 1/2 seasons away. I wonder if he's going to play into his 40's to set a new record?

Never thought I'd see anyone even close to Gretzky's records.  His assists and points records are probably safe.  Impressive accomplishments for both Sid and Ovechkin.  Between Lemieux, Jagr, and Crosby, Pittsburgh always seems to have great scorers.

• Like 3

I learned some things about cats, this week, that I didn’t know.  

You may remember a few of my photos of Ricky, who lives with my daughter and her family.  Ricky, is arguably the strangest cat I have ever encountered.  Never once has he ever nipped or scratched anyone. 

IMG_0901.thumb.jpeg.c4c571d45de3848d0541603c8c4bb7fb.jpeg

This week, Ricky became very lethargic.  Not interested in food, wouldn’t play, and was not himself.  When they took him to the vet, they diagnosed him as anemic, and sent him to a facility in Ohio to have his blood typed.  Once typed, they had to find another facility that had his blood type to do a transfusion.  

I never knew there were such things as cat blood donors, or transfusions for cats. There is no such thing as a universal donor blood type for cats.  

They said that Ricky would not have survived another day if they had not acted so quickly.  He should be coming home today, from Akron, where he finally ended up for his transfusion.  

I know everyone will be overjoyed to see him return home.  They just wish he wasn’t bringing that $$$$ bill with him.  

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Never thought I'd see anyone even close to Gretzky's records.  His assists and points records are probably safe.  Impressive accomplishments for both Sid and Ovechkin.  Between Lemieux, Jagr, and Crosby, Pittsburgh always seems to have great scorers.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ovechkin play in his 40’s.  Jagr did, and he is still playing at 52, although no longer in the NHL. 

It has been a treat to see some of these greats play.  

8 hours ago, George C said:

Billy. Joel will be doing hundredth concert at Madison square garden in two weeks and CBS will have it on tv . 

I have it scheduled to be recorded.  It was actually a concert from last week (Mar 28) that was recorded and will be aired in 2 weeks.  I'm interested in seeing how it compares to the concert that we saw in January.  

I may have already posted this (memory issues can be scary) but if you've got 2 hours to kill, there was an interesting interview of Billy Joel by Howard Stern last month.  Billy is sitting in front of a piano the whole time and often plays something.  It's amazing to see his musical talent and the way that he thinks about music.  

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

You may remember a few of my photos of Ricky, who lives with my daughter and her family.  Ricky, is arguably the strangest cat I have ever encountered.  Never once has he ever nipped or scratched anyone. 

This week, Ricky became very lethargic.  Not interested in food, wouldn’t play, and was not himself.  When they took him to the vet, they diagnosed him as anemic, and sent him to a facility in Ohio to have his blood typed.  Once typed, they had to find another facility that had his blood type to do a transfusion.  

I never knew there were such things as cat blood donors, or transfusions for cats. There is no such thing as a universal donor blood type for cats.  

They said that Ricky would not have survived another day if they had not acted so quickly.  He should be coming home today, from Akron, where he finally ended up for his transfusion.  

I know everyone will be overjoyed to see him return home.  They just wish he wasn’t bringing that $$$$ bill with him.  

I’ve not heard of this either.  Glad Ricky is ok. How do cats become anaemic?  Does your daughter have pet insurance?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

What is the cause of the anemia?

• Like 1

I know that this is a Royal forum but I have to share this.  DD finally did her check-in for our upcoming cruise.  She loves cruising but hasn’t cruised Princess before.  This morning when she FaceTimed me, she told she had done her check-in and excitedly announced that she was getting a medallion.  I said yes, the medallion is needed to open the cabin door.  Her face dropped and she said “oh, does everyone get one?” 
🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 14

@h20skibum   Wow Mark.  I'm so glad that Ricky is okay.  Now that he's had his transfusion and they know he is anemic, how will they be handling his anemia?  Pills?  Diet?  Interesting to hear that cat's do not have a universal blood type.  I myself, am a Universal Donor with my type 0 neg. I'm also RH neg.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, HBE4 said:

They've recorded a few 2.0 aftershocks in NJ.  Not sure those can even be felt.

Confirmed by family in NJ. They felt nothing at 2 . The first one shook the house. One thought the construction guys were whirring.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, NHProud said:

Who pays whom on those shows. 

The crew is paid their typical yacht crew salaries some making more than others due to their titles. It has been a source of controversy as some crew would like to be paid more by the production company. They also get paid in tips which they keep.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Such good news. Though expensive at least it will enhance his life for the better.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@h20skibum   Wow Mark.  I'm so glad that Ricky is okay.  Now that he's had his transfusion and they know he is anemic, how will they be handling his anemia?  Pills?  Diet?  Interesting to hear that cat's do not have a universal blood type.  I myself, am a Universal Donor with my type 0 neg. I'm also RH neg.

RH Neg.  Does that mean Left Handed? 😉

dp

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Not a Clark hater at all,just see how she struggled with a good defense on her.I really hope she does well. But the others players on her team really stepped up tonight as to why they won tonight's game.

But that last foul on that moving screen call was terrrible.Would have really been a good ending to a game without that to see what really would have happened.

Let's face it though womens basketball wants to see Clark in the Finals.

UConn, especially Nika Muhl, did play great defense that held Clark to 3 for 11 early.  But Clark still managed to come through for 21 points including some big 3s with Muhl tightly in her face.  She can handle good defense.

The foul seemed a bit iffy on first watch, and the timing with 4 seconds left isn't good, but it was definitely a foul when watching the replay from other angles:

https://x.com/IowaSportsGuy1/status/1776467266797785500

Hate to see that at the end of such a good game though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Now that he's had his transfusion and they know he is anemic, how will they be handling his anemia? 

Mark, @h20skibum

My veterinary "knowledge" stems from the show "The Incredible Dr. Pol". There, usually when an animal was anemic, first thing he looked for were parasites -- coccidia, mites, etc.

Assuming it's not the case, hopefully it's a "one-off" for Ricky 😘

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

UConn, especially Nika Muhl, did play great defense that held Clark to 3 for 11 early.  But Clark still managed to come through for 21 points including some big 3s with Muhl tightly in her face.  She can handle good defense.

The foul seemed a bit iffy on first watch, and the timing with 4 seconds left isn't good, but it was definitely a foul when watching the replay from other angles:

Not only 21 points, she had 9 rebounds.  That's pretty good for a 6 footer.  

I agree that it was definitely a foul. If the foul was called half way through the game noone would be complaining or even remembering the foul. If the foul wasn't called and UConn scored Iowa State fans would have had a legitimate complaint.  Why should a foul be ignored with 4 seconds left? 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, NHProud said:

My uneducated guess would be not enough Fe++ . 

Strictly extrapolating from human medicine, it is not that common for iron levels to be an issue for males or non-menstruating females unless there is some malabsorption syndrome or source of blood loss going on. When aging red blood cells are destroyed we have pretty efficient mechanisms for salvaging the iron in the hemoglobin.

However, maybe the cat does have some sort of dietary deficiency. Obviously, I am just musing as I have zero knowledge about what is happening with this kitty.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Agree!

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ovechkin play in his 40’s.  Jagr did, and he is still playing at 52, although no longer in the NHL. 

It has been a treat to see some of these greats play.  

Considering how hard he plays, its amazing he still is playing. I guess as long as he's productive & enjoying the game, I can see him playing a few more years.

Part of me wants Gretzky goal scoring record to remain his and part of me wants to see Ovechkin break record.  As noted above, The Great One has plenty of other records that should/may be untouchable for years to come.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I’ve not heard of this either.  Glad Ricky is ok. How do cats become anaemic?  Does your daughter have pet insurance?

Unfortunately, they do not have pet insurance.   Now the question becomes if they can get some going forward.  Or, do they charge higher rates for pre existing conditions.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

What is the cause of the anemia?

From what I read, there are several things that can cause anemia in cats.  They were of the opinion that it was something he had picked up at the shelter that got worse over time.  They thought probably from worms, that he had been treated for, and maybe that was contributing to him being such a docile cat.

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I don’t know yet if they have any instructions, diet or otherwise.  They did tell them what to look for though.

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Such good news. Though expensive at least it will enhance his life for the better.

Ricky was the perfect therapy for all of them, after the passing of Lucy. (The only cat my grandkids knew before Ricky)

54 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Mark, @h20skibum

My veterinary "knowledge" stems from the show "The Incredible Dr. Pol". There, usually when an animal was anemic, first thing he looked for were parasites -- coccidia, mites, etc.

Assuming it's not the case, hopefully it's a "one-off" for Ricky 😘

That seems to have been the case, so hopefully they have things addressed going forward.

52 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Poor Ricky 🤞

We were over at their house this morning, when Ricky made his triumphant return.  My granddaughter was worried his fur would not grow back on his front legs that had been shaved.  They must have given him the high octane blood, because we was zooming around the house.  

• Like 20
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I know that this is a Royal forum but I have to share this.  DD finally did her check-in for our upcoming cruise.  She loves cruising but hasn’t cruised Princess before.  This morning when she FaceTimed me, she told she had done her check-in and excitedly announced that she was getting a medallion.  I said yes, the medallion is needed to open the cabin door.  Her face dropped and she said “oh, does everyone get one?” 
🤣

Oh, we will be getting medallions for our January cruise.  Our last sailing on Princess was 2017, and they were just introducing them on one ship but not the one we were on.

I am looking forward to seeing if they can really do everything they advertise they can do.   I would hope so, especially since we will be on their newest ship.  Sitting by the pool and ordering a drink or food with it, and them delivering it to your lounger sounds fantastic. 

Speaking of medallions, evidently they will be giving out Pioneer Medallions at my 50 year college reunion this summer.

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Not only 21 points, she had 9 rebounds.  That's pretty good for a 6 footer.  

I agree that it was definitely a foul. If the foul was called half way through the game noone would be complaining or even remembering the foul. If the foul wasn't called and UConn scored Iowa State fans would have had a legitimate complaint.  Why should a foul be ignored with 4 seconds left? 

Um.. Iowa State is a different school (ISU or Iowa State University). This is Iowa as in the University of Iowa.

Or Iowa Hawkeyes is also acceptable

Edited by RobInMN

Now, for the important question.  Has anyone done the “Swimming with Pigs…” excursion at Nassau?  I just booked it this morning for the seven of us.   I already have an idea how this will go.   

My granddaughter will probably try to latch on to one and ride it like a dolphin.

Her brother will be a little more cautious and will wait to see if one eats his sister before getting close to one.

My CA grandson will probably try to keep away from them at all costs

As for the four adults, who knows how that will go?

At least it didn’t say I was too old to book this one.

So, has anyone done it, and how was it?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

They must have given him the high octane blood, because we was zooming around the house.  

That really should have said he, and not we.  No zooming on our part.😂😂

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Yes, Clark got most of her points driving the lane last night, against bigger smarter players in the Pro's and getting drilled a few times might make her less likely to drive the lane as much.

UConn coach was really upset after the game he said Iowa also set moving pick's but weren't called for even one, while UConn was called for 4..............but to call that foul at the point in the game when it was rough like that the whole game is still unbelievable.

I mean let the women finish the game on the court, not by officials. That said the average ticket price for that game was a little over $400 a seat. The fans came to see the players shoot and finish the game, not like how  this game ended.

Wish the game had a chance to end like this one.