Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Incredible pictures. So beautiful. We went driving around last night wanting to see it but did not see anything. I think we were out too late.

That sucks. 

They are supposedly visible again tonight. You could kind of see what was going on with your eyes, but if you open up your camera on your phone, that’s when they really became visible.

I hope you guys have better luck tonight.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, A&L_Ont said:

That sucks. 

They are supposedly visible again tonight. You could kind of see what was going on with your eyes, but if you open up your camera on your phone, that’s when they really became visible.

We were bummed as others in our city had success. We will try again tonight. We drove about 30 minutes outside the city to get away from the light pollution but did not see anything. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

That sucks. 

Is there a particular direction where they are more visible? I assumed north but couldn't find them anywhere.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Is there a particular direction where they are more visible? I assumed north but couldn't find them anywhere.

They were all around us, but to the north is where they were more spectacular.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

We were bummed as others in our city had success. We will try again tonight. We drove about 30 minutes outside the city to get away from the light pollution but did not see anything. 

We’re in Northwest AR and saw some pink by camera only. This was about 9 p.m.  We later drove out past the city lights but unfortunately didn’t see anything around 11 p.m.  Tonight we might try outside the city around 9 since that time seemed better. 

• Like 1

We are driving to Fort Lauderdale today, boarding the Beyond tomorrow for a 6 night cruise. Ports are Coco Cay, Grand Cayman and Bimini. First time to Bimini.

Will post some pictures.

• Like 17

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

30 years since these teams played each other. one can’t help to be excited. Like how they are using their original warm up song. U2 just brings it as they come on the ice. 

Oilers pulled out a win last night. I have Edmonton beating Vancouver in my hockey pool. Don’t worry, I also had them winning the Cup again so I could be wrong. 😂

Last night was a heartbreaker but if I'm honest Edmonton were the better team.  McDavid, Draisaitl and Hyman are deadly every time they are on the ice...  

With the Canucks having to play the third string goalie until at least game 4 this is a really big up hill battle!!!  

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

@MancGirl21 thanks for the share. They were amazing last night. Also sending you a warm welcome to the “family” here. 

Thank you ☺️ I’m going to try and not be shy! I feel like I know you all from your posts.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I didn't see anything last night, did you?

Clouds cleared out, so it was nice and clear.  When it started, you could see some stars too. 

IMG_3733.thumb.jpeg.0f0675a289b90f2a82710fdb073bf35f.jpeg

Then more colors

IMG_3727.thumb.jpeg.3fa939066a65694b446e7ddf80f0402c.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I have been prescribed both and they aren’t the same.

I have no desire to get into a pharmaceutical debate but they both are used to treat moderate or severe pain.Both are immediate release.Both are controlled substances.Both have the risk of withdrawal.I did not state that the components are the same .I said they are similiar.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

No it is not.

They are equivalent in the sense of what they supposedly can do I was not implying that they have the same components.

Years ago people took Turpin hydrate which was available OTC for pain ,

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Lenny,  I didn't know you were a time traveler.  Is this how your Granddog always knows the winners🤣🤣😊

Yesterday he was in my house.I said the names of the remaining contestants on Survivor.He barked when I said Liz .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, HBE4 said:

How about a rematch of 1994 Cup finals? 😉🙂

A few of the sports writers in the NY Media have been trying to draw parallels between this years team & the 1994 team that won the cup. Things like both the Rangers & Knicks having playoff success at the same time (happens less often than you think),  the Rangers 7-0 playoff start with a first year coach to some of the more ridiculous things the solar eclipse and earthquake that occurred around the same time in 1994 & 2024.  Oh, and OJ being in the news both years. 94 was the Bronco chase and his passing earlier this year.  They might be trying to stretch the point with that last one.

I watched the Knicks game last night.Their 3 best players were college teammates.I cannot recall that ever happening previously .Perhaps this is the year for the Knicks and Rangers to win it all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'll try again tonight.

These are not my photos, they’re from my towns page on that other site. They were taken at the Scituate Reservoir which is only a few miles north of me.  I wasn’t even aware this event was going to happen, but we’ll be out to dinner with friends tonight so I’ll definitely be on the lookout.  IMG_1444.thumb.jpeg.99a098f5c1765e8eb6eeefef694e6632.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4