Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Definitely fun.  Wish I could have taken my own pics but couldn't for safety reasons.  The pics that I posted were from a GoPro mounted on the handlebars.  He took a few quick movies also.

We were up for 20 minutes each.  We could also have chosen 40 or 60 minutes.  20 minutes was plenty but I think I'll chose 40 minutes next time.

Technically, this was an introductory flight for a lesson.  He is not allowed to give tours.  He quickly went over all of the controls and instruments and tells you how to bank/pitch.  He lets you make a few turns.  No test involved.  He is in control at all other times including take off and landing. Very interesting feeling not having anything on either side of you.  Here is their web site and their promo video.

Out of the Fernandina airport is close enough for my husband to do it. 
Trying to decide whether to tell our kids about it for a Christmas present. 
I have a feeling my son and my daughter but only two of my granddaughters would love it. 

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love going to the beach to watch the ocean during a storm, as long as there is no lightning.

At Lakeside (where we hope we will be at this this time next week) going to the pier after a storm is cool. The waves blow up over the pier.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks for the info. I'm going to have to have a back up plan also.

I have yet to go to Bermuda. Was supposed to go last year on a TA, but it was canceled. Someday I will make it there.

Was that on the Anthem out of Southhampton?  That was going to be our first TA....

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

We are trying.My daughter who lives upstate came to a friends house in NYC yesterday .They went to the concert in Central Park.She drove home after they had to leave due to the storm.I am happy that she got home safely but not that she decided to drive during the rain.

That was a shame the concert was cancelled.  I went to tune in on tv around 9 pm last night and at that time they were saying they restart around 10 pm.  Shame the road couldn't hold out.

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks for the info. I'm going to have to have a back up plan also.

I have yet to go to Bermuda. Was supposed to go last year on a TA, but it was canceled. Someday I will make it there.

You will love Bermuda when you do get there.  It was our first cruise years ago with my parents.  It was also their favorite island.

We have done a couple vacations there over the years too.  We like going end of May and September.  Not as hot, not as crowded and cheaper for hotels or home rentals.  Always have fun exploring everything the island has to offer.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Shared the news on Bella page that our Grandson arrived Friday night.

Everybody else, this is Felix.

Resized_Resized_20210820_231653.thumb.jpeg.265e44afc4f8112e0de0ec3876b46a9a.jpeg

Everyone is doing great, and headed home this afternoon 

Congratulations John and Lala, what a beautiful little chap.  Grandkids are the best. 

Our eldest had our first, little Isaac, last April . Unhappily I'm not allowed to post photos  but he is adorable ❤  glad everything is good and mum and Felix will be home soon 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Sirens are more scary. At least with Hurricanes,  we get a few days warning to prepare and/or get out of the way. 

I live near a nuclear power plant and they test the emergency warning sirens periodically.  Not a sound I would like to wake up to. 😨

I also live near a nuclear power plant, which they closed in the past two years or so.  I'm certainly familiar with the sirens.  We also have sirens for emergencies...

John&LaLa, Congratulations on your beautiful new grandson, Felix.  He looks like a big boy!!❤️

metrs07, Congratulations on your son's upcoming marriage, and in gaining a new daughter!

Cruise Critic has been so weird...sometimes I can post a quote, sometimes I can't, including this afternoon🙅‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

In his advancing years, he is into restoring old airplanes -- Tiger Moths 😉

My husband would've love to spend time with him.  He's an old plane nerd.  For his birthday we toured  the hangers at Biggin Hill where they build spitfires to order (very very expensive). You can  even go up in one for a price. Maybe when we win the lottery 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We did that on the Mariner Odyssey 

Laura of Arabia

IMG_20180422_134706_091.thumb.jpg.a6fa820cdbd2516a7821964a1072f918.jpg

One of my favorite pics. 😇

We did a desert safari in Dubai.   I was on a three week training course and the company laid it on for us. My family came out for a few days and my 75 year mum with a dodgy hip had a ride on a camel

Lovely pic of Laura 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This end of PA is beautiful today.  It is sunny and 84°.   Just finished cleaning and power washing sidewalks and the patio where the new spa will be placed.  They tell me maybe mid September delivery now. 

TSOTD is this one.  It had to be music themed, because we are heading to a concert later. I was going to wear my Hard Rock London, but John beat me to it today. 

4008F74A-3C97-4441-90DC-9BF8FE48319F.thumb.jpeg.e0bbb9f3a063c20124437bc50c309c96.jpeg

Watching daughter’s cat this weekend while they are in Cleveland, enjoying a last getaway before school starts. This is Lucy. 

238E0C8D-93D6-498E-8898-0B7138FBC5C8.thumb.jpeg.2d5ddb4bc56c95f022d386919aed1304.jpeg

Hope everyone stays safe from the storms. 

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

HAPPY 40th ANNIVERSARY PAULINE AND GRAHAM!!!!!!!!!

After 40 years of marriage, your love is stronger than ever.....

and that is a beautiful testament to the wonderful relationship you have.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The weather here is quite sunny outside, although I just opened the door and saw some dark clouds in the near distance.  We had lightening and a loud thunderclap at 3 am this morning, accompanied by rain.  Rain had stopped by the time I awoke this morning.  

It was really a non-issue for us.  May it be so for those in the storms path.  Stay safe.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Watching daughter’s cat this weekend while they are in Cleveland, enjoying a last getaway before school starts. This is Lucy. 

238E0C8D-93D6-498E-8898-0B7138FBC5C8.thumb.jpeg.2d5ddb4bc56c95f022d386919aed1304.jpeg

Hope everyone stays safe from the storms. 

Another feline Lucy! 😻

Well, Henri has come and gone. No power at my house. Very typical of anytime the wind blows. National Grid needs to do some updating. They know the area is a weak spot. So I'm hanging out at my parent's house. Lost part of a tree in my yard but no house damage. I already chain sawed the tree to pieces and will take the rest of it down soon. No problems at my parent's house or the office. Both are further from the ocean than my house.

Back to work tomorrow.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, Henri has come and gone. No power at my house. Very typical of anytime the wind blows. National Grid needs to do some updating. They know the area is a weak spot. So I'm hanging out at my parent's house. Lost part of a tree in my yard but no house damage. I already chain sawed the tree to pieces and will take the rest of it down soon. No problems at my parent's house or the office. Both are further from the ocean than my house.

Back to work tomorrow.

It is on it's way up here right now...but not expecting much from it.  

• Like 1