Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

To all those who might be affected by "Henri", sending tons of positive thoughts.

Stay safe !!

Thank you. As of this writing, just some light rain and nary a breeze. Going to head out for some quick errands and be back before the rough stuff gets here.  

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That looks like something I would love to do.  I bet it was a rush when you left the ground.  Floating around in the air is so nice.  A friend of ours has taken us up in his air balloon.  Fun.

22 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Looks like you had a blast. Great pics!

Definitely fun.  Wish I could have taken my own pics but couldn't for safety reasons.  The pics that I posted were from a GoPro mounted on the handlebars.  He took a few quick movies also.

21 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Looks amazing!  How long were you up?

We were up for 20 minutes each.  We could also have chosen 40 or 60 minutes.  20 minutes was plenty but I think I'll chose 40 minutes next time.

17 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Looks amazing.  Do they give a lesson on how to fly or does a pilot go with each of you?

14 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I was wondering the same thing.  

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

That looks like a lot of fun. I guess you have to do training, pass tests to be able to do it?

Technically, this was an introductory flight for a lesson.  He is not allowed to give tours.  He quickly went over all of the controls and instruments and tells you how to bank/pitch.  He lets you make a few turns.  No test involved.  He is in control at all other times including take off and landing. Very interesting feeling not having anything on either side of you.  Here is their web site and their promo video.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Technically, this was an introductory flight for a lesson. 

A good friend of mine [Phantom fighter pilot and then 747 captain] was also the Israeli champion in hang gliding....

It was amazing and frightening seeing him rush with all this "construction" and then wiggling inside the body strap....

In his advancing years, he is into restoring old airplanes -- Tiger Moths 😉

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

The notion of "hurricane" is strange for us..... whereas "sirens" -- I'll "know" what is all about.....😢

Sirens are more scary. At least with Hurricanes,  we get a few days warning to prepare and/or get out of the way. 

I live near a nuclear power plant and they test the emergency warning sirens periodically.  Not a sound I would like to wake up to. 😨

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I bought the first year FJ Cruiser. Kept it 2 or 3 years. Laura hated it, so I sold it.

Now they have a crazy cult following. I miss its quirkiness

Screenshot_20210822-080249_Google.thumb.jpg.b8c853f5a0d1af5feb759d99aed0f353.jpg

The larger Land Cruiser seems to be the vehicle of choice for desert safaris in Dubai.

APC_0776.thumb.JPG.f2a762f590233686f8314a25c63784ce.JPG

They WILL get stuck if you're not careful.  Nothing that a shovel and another Land Cruiser with a tow strap can't quickly fix.

IMG_5553.thumb.jpg.abc8d20cf36e52b980d0848a527247c1.jpg

• Like 4

Shared the news on Bella page that our Grandson arrived Friday night.

Everybody else, this is Felix.

Resized_Resized_20210820_231653.thumb.jpeg.265e44afc4f8112e0de0ec3876b46a9a.jpeg

Everyone is doing great, and headed home this afternoon 

Congrats Grandpa!  Glad to hear that everyone is doing well.  What number grandkid is this?

• Thanks 1

My “TSOTD” are quite boring. Girly stuff. However. I will share what the DH IS wearing today. 

When in Kentucky, must dress like a Kentuckian. 
And I guess drink like one.  
Bourbon on the rocks. 

Today touring a bourbon distillery. 
More bonding. 
Dinner

Early Monday planned. 
Want to be on road by 4 am to get a good start on Cincinnati traffic. 

Did I tell you I hate traffic!

It is what it is. 

PS 

CONGRATULATIONS JOHN AND LAURA 

BEAUTIFUL GRANDSON. 

By 

image.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

The larger Land Cruiser seems to be the vehicle of choice for desert safaris in Dubai.

APC_0776.thumb.JPG.f2a762f590233686f8314a25c63784ce.JPG

They WILL get stuck if you're not careful.  Nothing that a shovel and another Land Cruiser with a tow strap can't quickly fix.

IMG_5553.thumb.jpg.abc8d20cf36e52b980d0848a527247c1.jpg

We did that on the Mariner Odyssey 

Laura of Arabia

IMG_20180422_134706_091.thumb.jpg.a6fa820cdbd2516a7821964a1072f918.jpg

One of my favorite pics. 😇

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, ATG said:

TSOD is Anna Ruby Falls near Helen, GA.

@grapau27 Happy anniversary, I hope you and Pauline enjoy your day.

@John&LaLa Congratulations on the new member of the family.

@lenquixote66 I hope things are safe for you and your family.

I was wearing Helen Octoberfest a few days ago. 1992

When we're home it's usually a variety of Starbucks mugs.

@John&LaLa 

We have a whole bunch of these too and enjoy using them.  They are either from our own trips or those of our sons. I am currently drinking out of a Starbucks Memphis cup and my husband, Aspen. 

Congratulations on baby Felix!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quite a bit of rain this morning and a bit windy. Honesy, I've experienced much worse. We will see what the rest of the day brings. Local authorities have asked people to stay away from the beach so that is the first place I, and plenty of others, went as soon as I got up this morning.

TSOD... Martha's Vineyard... another island off the Massachusett's coast for those who don't know.

20210822_073439.thumb.jpg.17f21f051881d80d1dc54258cea8f395.jpg20210822_073432.thumb.jpg.16aded45cb75d4e9bc3f4e0243c6b0d2.jpg

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, mets07 said:

@John&LaLa 

We have a whole bunch of these too and enjoy using them.  They are either from our own trips or those of our sons. I am currently drinking out of a Starbucks Memphis cup and my husband, Aspen. 

Congratulations on baby Felix!

I like when I get Copenhagen or Barcelona 😁

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Today touring a bourbon distillery. 

Which distillery are you visiting? I would love to go and do the bourbon trail. A lot of history in Kentucky when it comes to producing quality bourbon.

• Like 1