Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

You're right. Just checked again, and instead of "call us", it shows the price....

Balconies for over 3K (refundable), quite pricey 😲 for a week long cruise.

Group rates still available 😇

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife and I are waiting for a visit from Henri .There will likely be a mandatory evacuation tomorrow if it is as bad as expected.However,I am not able to do that .We did not leave when Hurricane Sandy hit here in 2012.We did not sustain any damage to our house but our daughter who lives 5 minutes away from us had so much damage that she and family spent 4 1/2 months living in our house.

Hopefully I will be on CC tomorrow.

—————

Mandatory is merely a suggestion down here 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I bought the first year FJ Cruiser. Kept it 2 or 3 years. Laura hated it, so I sold it.

Now they have a crazy cult following. I miss its quirkiness

Every time I see an FJ I wish I owned one.  

When I see one on the road and point it out to my wife she rolls her eyes.  Must be a guy thing.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Paul from Maryland said:

Every time I see an FJ I wish I owned one.  

When I see one on the road and point it out to my wife she rolls her eyes.  Must be a guy thing.

It was built and rode like a tank, back doors were impractical, what's not to love.

I've seen golf cart bodies based on the FJ😇

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It was built and rode like a tank, back doors were impractical, what's not to love.

I've seen golf cart bodies based on the FJ😇

Those little panels behind the front doors are also doors?  If so, I never knew that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paul from Maryland said:

Those little panels behind the front doors are also doors?  If so, I never knew that.

Yep, and they need to be closed prior to closing front door.

Screenshot_20210822-084955_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6623421c408f7358ff8bc6b1953b694d.jpg

Actually used them a lot more than I thought.

Screenshot_20210822-084654_Google.thumb.jpg.cc0860e01c83f99c341772c1b7c346e2.jpg

The FJ40 obviously only had 2 doors in most cases, but it had jump seats.

Screenshot_20210822-085206_Chrome.jpg.09983f222eef5ab93b2176285e1277c2.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Shared the news on Bella page that our Grandson arrived Friday night.

Everybody else, this is Felix.

Resized_Resized_20210820_231653.thumb.jpeg.265e44afc4f8112e0de0ec3876b46a9a.jpeg

Everyone is doing great, and headed home this afternoon 

Congratulations.  Very precious little boy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I like gas ranges but we would have to have a gas line run to the kitchen.  We have enjoyed having a double oven especially special times when we have many over to eat.

They really planned ahead with this house because of being oceanfront. 

Doors and windows rated Category 5, same with the roof. Walls are concrete with Hardiboard siding over it. 
AC compressors were shipped from Germany. They are completely sealed and cooled with water from their own wells. Buried gas tank for everything operated by gas. 
Minor power outages seem to happen at meal times, which is Jon’s excuse for the Viking, but he loves cooking, and I think he just wanted one. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yep, and they need to be closed prior to closing front door.

Actually used them a lot more than I thought.

The FJ40 obviously only had 2 doors in most cases, but it had jump seats.

Thanks for the pics, I've never seen the interior.  Looks great, I'd have loved it.

In this hot used car market I'll bet the FJ40 Cruiser prices are soaring.  On one auto forum I follow some with 1 and 2 year old cars are getting more than they paid from Carvana and Vroom.  Then turning around and getting a 2021 model.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is still really calm here but the swells on the Atlantic are starting to build. The white house on the top of the hill belongs to my dear friend Taylor Swift.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Hopefully nothing bad happens because if it does, she’s gonna write a hit song.😁😉

Ha! I was going to write something similar.  @Ocean Boy better remain on Taylor's good side or HE'LL become the subject of a hit song. 🤣

As far as Henri, I'm just outside the watch/warning areas and on high ground. Hopefully it'll be nothing more than just a regular windy, rainstorm. Winds in the 15-25 mph range are expected with gusts up to 40. Hopefully it's be nothing more than a bunch of small branches in the backyard. Speaking of which, the power company did extensive tree trimming a few weeks back and there is a fleet of out-of-state power company trucks parked down the road so hopefully no/minimal power outages. I have a ton of Netflix to watch today.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I like gas ranges but we would have to have a gas line run to the kitchen.  We have enjoyed having a double oven especially special times when we have many over to eat.

I have had built in double oven for years and love them, especially for holiday meals.  Put turkey in one and sides in other..perfect!  

• Like 3

Speaking of Netflix, I watched The Outpost last night. True story set in 2009 about a remote US outpost attacked by the Taliban in Afghanistan. Pretty accurate and on-point from my understanding. Considering the recent news, it gives good insight to the culture of the area.

• Like 3

It is still really calm here but the swells on the Atlantic are starting to build. The white house on the top of the hill belongs to my dear friend Taylor Swift.

20210821_194247.thumb.jpg.4d8cf5f7d1382a15c59007bbd9c0c489.jpg20210821_193820.thumb.jpg.37c772f3d55d57571dafa6966657e7c7.jpg

Hopefully Taylor bought in her patio furniture😁

How's the weather this morning?

• Like 1

It is still really calm here but the swells on the Atlantic are starting to build.

11 hours ago, mets07 said:

Road signs indicating Hurricane coming.... avoid travel tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

As far as Henri, I'm just outside the watch/warning areas and on high ground. 

To all those who might be affected by "Henri", sending tons of positive thoughts.

Stay safe !!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2021 at 9:36 AM, Ozark_Kid said:

That looks like something I would love to do.  I bet it was a rush when you left the ground.  Floating around in the air is so nice.  A friend of ours has taken us up in his air balloon.  Fun.

22 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Looks like you had a blast. Great pics!

Definitely fun.  Wish I could have taken my own pics but couldn't for safety reasons.  The pics that I posted were from a GoPro mounted on the handlebars.  He took a few quick movies also.

22 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Looks amazing!  How long were you up?

We were up for 20 minutes each.  We could also have chosen 40 or 60 minutes.  20 minutes was plenty but I think I'll chose 40 minutes next time.

17 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Looks amazing.  Do they give a lesson on how to fly or does a pilot go with each of you?

15 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I was wondering the same thing.  

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

That looks like a lot of fun. I guess you have to do training, pass tests to be able to do it?

Technically, this was an introductory flight for a lesson.  He is not allowed to give tours.  He quickly went over all of the controls and instruments and tells you how to bank/pitch.  He lets you make a few turns.  No test involved.  He is in control at all other times including take off and landing. Very interesting feeling not having anything on either side of you.  Here is their web site and their promo video.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 6