Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, island lady said:

I love that movie!!  🙂  Thought it was pretty cool to see the scenes from Sitka, but now realize most of it was actually filmed in MA and posed as Alaska.  😉 

Like the wonderful scenes of a Greek island in “Mamma Mia”, only to find out it was filmed in Croatia. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Speaking of Emmy awards, Guess who this is.

He received various awards for his work as a standup comedian and actor in both television, and film including five Primetime Emmy Awards, eight Grammy Awards, two Daytime Emmy Awards, and two Golden Globe Awards. He also received the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2002, and the Bob Hope Humanitarian Award in 2003. He also received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1977.

I have absolutely no idea

6 hours ago, island lady said:

And of course SC does not want to improve I-95 to three lane one way like the other states did.  (My Dad has lived in SC for years...he told me the governor refused Fed assistance to redo that stretch).   I-95 through SC is the worst ever.  Bad road, and way too much traffic

Totally agree!  Two or three years ago, we came to a total stop after arriving in SC on 95.  Ice and snow, jackknifed trucks due to their speeding.  We sat there for well over an hour.  People were outside of their cars, some made snowmen.  Jim even closed his eyes and fell asleep.  We finally got going, only to have to stop again miles down the road.  It took us 8 and 1/2 hours to get through the State.  Talk about a nightmare!  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Totally agree!  Two or three years ago, we came to a total stop after arriving in SC on 95.  Ice and snow, jackknifed trucks due to their speeding.  We sat there for well over an hour.  People were outside of their cars, some made snowmen.  Jim even closed his eyes and fell asleep.  We finally got going, only to have to stop again miles down the road.  It took us 8 and 1/2 hours to get through the State.  Talk about a nightmare!  

Definitely the worst stretch of I-95 in the south...or entire length perhaps.  😮    

North of Bangor, up here in Maine...I-95 gets very remote.  I swear you could walk out, lay on the road, and take a nap without worry of being run over.  Just watch out for Moose crossings...which are quite frequent at night.  🦌

• Like 3

2 hours ago, akcruz said:

We had avoid amount of OBC so used it for the tour, enjoyed but no need to do again.  Thought I had more pics but can only find this one of motorcycles "in storage".  There were 3 different areas full of bikes, neat to see and an unexpected bonus.

IMG_20191116_102053.jpg

Interesting!  Thank you for sharing!😉

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Just watched a teaser for the the new Peter Jackson documentary on the Beatles. This is really going to be good. Check it out.

Thanks for the teaser. Enjoyed it very much. Can't wait until the documentary is released. I love when bands are live and raw. Can't forget Billy Preston either.  ✌️

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Thanks for the teaser. Enjoyed it very much. Can't wait until the documentary is released. I love when bands are live and raw. Can't forget Billy Preston either.  ✌️

We do music charters every year called rock and romance, filled with great 70’s artists, host in February again is Peter Asher who was Peter in Peter and Gordon and produced several albums for the Beatles Apple label. He told us a great story , Paul was living in the same house as he was, he had written “ world without love” , John hated the song , so Peter asked if he could record it . Besides the great concerts we love the stories they tell about there early days. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, George C said:

We do music charters every year called rock and romance, filled with great 70’s artists, host in February again is Peter Asher who was Peter in Peter and Gordon and produced several albums for the Beatles Apple label. He told us a great story , Paul was living in the same house as he was, he had written “ world without love” , John hated the song , so Peter asked if he could record it . Besides the great concerts we love the stories they tell about there early days. 

Paul McCartney has a home in Long Island,NY.For many years he would come into a mini coffee shop for coffee a pastry and a newspaper.The owner of the store told all his regular customers to please not bother Paul.

One day a guy came in ,saw Paul sitting ,walked over and asked for an autograph.The owner of the store got very red faced and did not know what to do.Much to his surprise Paul invited the guy to sit down and join him for coffee and conversation .

• Like 2

I am not sure if I ever posted the following on here.So if I have I apologize.

In the 1970’s I was working with a guy who told me that his son was going to be on Broadway in a play about the Beatles,titled Beatlemania.His son,Mitch Weissman would be portraying Paul McCartney.

He arranged for me to get 2 front row tickets.My wife could not go and I took a 20 year old cousin of hers.

It was a fantastic show .Afterward we had the opportunity to mingle with the cast.If you are not familiar with Mitch you can see and listen to him on YouTube.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, George C said:

Need to get that for both of our cars , will be in my pool shortly it will be in mid 90’s here in Dallas area, had a nice day yesterday won a couple of hundred playing poker. Will do a family visit this weekend in Denver to visit my family including my 95 year old mom, one of my favorite things about Denver is they have a great Jewish deli that makes fantastic pastrami sandwiches, wish we had a place that good here.

Cindi's 2001 Midway, Carrollton and other locations in Richardson and Dallas

Deli News 17062 Preston Rd., Dallas and 3685 Preston Rd. Frisco

Tastes like the real deal. I have not been to these restaurants in over 2 years so not sure they're still in operation.

My friend wanted to surprise me for a good deed I did for her.  She called and asked me over for lunch.  When I got to her house I found two huge thick pastrami sandwiches she ordered from Katz's Deli in NY.  They were running a special.  Free delivery.

Katz's slices their pastrami much thicker than I like but I ate every crumb with pure joy.

"I'll have whatever she's having".

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Definitely the worst stretch of I-95 in the south...or entire length perhaps.  😮    

North of Bangor, up here in Maine...I-95 gets very remote.  I swear you could walk out, lay on the road, and take a nap without worry of being run over.  Just watch out for Moose crossings...which are quite frequent at night.  🦌

I found that to be true on the Dallas area roads when the Cowboys are playing especially a home game.

Safe travels on the way back home.  I'll miss your Maine posts/pictures!

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

This was Paul McCartneys family home in Liverpool England.

We visited on our Beatles magical mystery tour.

IMG_20200821_121209.jpg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Cindi's 2001 Midway, Carrollton and other locations in Richardson and Dallas

Deli News 17062 Preston Rd., Dallas and 3685 Preston Rd. Frisco

Tastes like the real deal. I have not been to these restaurants in over 2 years so not sure they're still in operation.

My friend wanted to surprise me for a good deed I did for her.  She called and asked me over for lunch.  When I got to her house I found two huge thick pastrami sandwiches she ordered from Katz's Deli in NY.  They were running a special.  Free delivery.

Katz's slices their pastrami much thicker than I like but I ate every crumb with pure joy.

"I'll have whatever she's having".

I really been wanting to try Katz , really sad that Carnegie deli and Stage deli both closed used to visit one of them on all our Nyc trips . I don’t care for Cindi’s but do like Deli News , they have two locations I always go to the one on Preston but the deli in Denver is really good. I know Mrs Maisel on Amazon shows them eating at a old Stage deli. The one in Denver does have a autograph picture of Billy Crystal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

This was Paul McCartneys family home in Liverpool England.

We visited on our Beatles magical mystery tour.

IMG_20200821_121209.jpg

Paul was on tv show late night with James Corden and they visited this and then sang some songs in a local pub.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Too healthy for my liking      Let me know if you make the cauliflower pasta with the beyond meat meatballs.     

Yep, exactly what I need.  Fake meat on fake noodles!  You would think I am texting from a cruise !  Not really but I thought I would throw that in since we are posting on CC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, George C said:

I really been wanting to try Katz , really sad that Carnegie deli and Stage deli both closed used to visit one of them on all our Nyc trips . I don’t care for Cindi’s but do like Deli News , they have two locations I always go to the one on Preston but the deli in Denver is really good. I know Mrs Maisel on Amazon shows them eating at a old Stage deli. The one in Denver does have a autograph picture of Billy Crystal.

I never cared for the Carnegie or Stage Deli in Manhattan.In my opinion the best deli currently in NYC is the Mill Basin Deli and the best of all time in NYC was Grabsteins.

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

15% for D and D+

This thread shows all levels

Platinum and Emerald get 10%

Thanks so much. I knew you would have the answer. I normally save links and that one I didn't have saved nor could I find it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Sweet. What a great car.

Thanks. He had talked about it on and off so I wasn’t surprised when be told me he had ordered one. I have never really been into cars, but now I'm excited for him because I know he will like it, I think. He really liked his Rubicon when he got it,  but he decided he was tired paying that much for fuel. That surprised me because he had figured the amount of fuel it would cost him to drive back and forth to MIA. He usually drives that trip once a week or maybe  5 times a month. It really isn't a lot to me fuel wise. Maybe it was an excuse to himself to get another car. Not that he needed one from me. 

• Like 4