Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Seeing everything drop I have been checking our April cruise.  As of yesterday it was close to 65% more.  It may drop later but I would be surprised if it drops below what we got it at.  

My March 27 cruise went up. 

23 hours ago, George C said:

I hate normal cooked liver, but love chopped liver , weird , next visit to Jewish deli I will definitely get chopped liver along with pastrami of course.

I totally agree.  I gag when I just look at broiled liver with onions, Jack's favorite.  I tried to make it once years ago and once was enough.

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sorry, it looks like a cholesterol love fest.

"What the world needs now is love sweet love"

@dani negreanuThe first time I ever tasted eggplant was after I was married, living in Israel. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

The first time I ever tasted eggplant was after I was married, living in Israel

I'm not surprised -- it's such a versatile vegetable.

A regular in our kitchen. With garlic, with tahini, with mayonnaise, with bell peppers, as "chopped liver", balls in tomato sauce, moussaka, fried slices in Balsamic vinegar, you name it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I totally agree.  I gag when I just look at broiled liver with onions, Jack's favorite.  I tried to make it once years ago and once was enough.

@dani negreanuThe first time I ever tasted eggplant was after I was married, living in Israel. 

I only got seasick once in 70 cruises, I was on a small ship 40 years ago going to Bermuda and I was just recovering stoped at a bar and grabbed a appetizer wrapped in a pastry, turned out inside was liver, almost lost it there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, George C said:

I only got seasick once in 70 cruises, I was on a small ship 40 years ago going to Bermuda and I was just recovering stoped at a bar and grabbed a appetizer wrapped in a pastry, turned out inside was liver, almost lost it there.

Uh oh!  I once bit into a huge what I thought was a chocolate chip cookie which turned out to be oatmeal raisin.  I HATE raisins.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

A regular in our kitchen. With garlic, with tahini, with mayonnaise, with bell peppers, as "chopped liver", balls in tomato sauce, moussaka, fried slices in Balsamic vinegar, you name it.

I think eggplant is the state vegetable of Israel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

My aunt would dredge it in batter, fry it and pour maple syrup over it like it was a pancake.

I don't like eggplant or liver. But I did buy a lot of liver for the dogs. It was a good bribe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I think eggplant is the state vegetable of Israel.

I grew up with eggplant;  I love it!  My favorite is eggplant parmesan and eggplant rollatini.  I have yet to find a good parmesan sandwich since we left Staten Island.  I also love just breaded and fried...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I really like eggplant parmigiana.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Seeing everything drop I have been checking our April cruise.  As of yesterday it was close to 65% more.  It may drop later but I would be surprised if it drops below what we got it at.  

My January and April cruises are way up right now, too. RCI must be having a sale.😏

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I grew up with eggplant;  I love it!  My favorite is eggplant parmesan and eggplant rollatini.  I have yet to find a good parmesan sandwich since we left Staten Island.  I also love just breaded and fried...

My mom and her sisters made the best eggplant parmigiana.  Luckily, Staten Island still has the best places to get rollatini!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I love both of those eggplant dishes.  I have had a lot of eggplant from my garden this summer.  Love it!  Eric is growing tired of it but not me.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Royal up wont impact your OBC.  When you bid you input credit card info.

I did not know that. I always figured you simply paid if your bid was accepted. It doesn't matter though as I just book the cabin that I want and leave it at that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Uh oh!  I once bit into a huge what I thought was a chocolate chip cookie which turned out to be oatmeal raisin.  I HATE raisins.

I believe I can top both of you. 
Queenstown NZ, private morning reception, with tons of pastries 

I was talking to the hotel manager and looked down and saw the prettiest meringue rosettes. While he was talking, I picked one up and took a bite. 
It was butter. Pure butter, and I had a mouthful of it. 
I stood there, nodding my head, and trying to swallow it without choking. 
I finally managed to chew, or melt, it in half, swallow half and then the other half. 
I’ll never know if he realized what happened, and was too polite to acknowledge it. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6