Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, Keksie said:

My guess would be the flea meds too.  I have indoor cats and don't do flea meds unless I actually see one.  My vet uses Revolution + if needed. Don't feel bad you trusted your vet to do what was right for your pets.  

I had a great Vet.When we brought our cat to his office he would lie down on the floor and talk to the cat when she was in the carrier.Very strange but the cat was very relaxed when he examined her.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I had mine in ‘99. The only prep was being measured for crutches. Which I never used because…no good reason, I was miserable with them. Used a walker to go to rehab, and after a week or two was given the okay for a cane. 
My friend was given exercises to do starting 3 weeks before the surgery, and got the improved technique so her scar is much shorter. She was also told to eat a high protein diet and drink protein drinks for a week before surgery and a couple of weeks after. Never told to use any kind of aid. 
Definitely, knee replacement has changed for the better. Way better!

We have many friends and neighbors who have had knee replacement surgery,all with wonderful results.It is amazing how much medical treatments have improved over the years.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I took both our cats to the vet yesterday for their annuals.  Both are so sweet and let you put them in the carriers.  Nothing more than mild squirming at the vet when being examined.  They had a rabies and another vaccine and a dose of very expensive flea topical drugs.  (Not going to use that pricey product again $62 per cat for a dose that lasts 3 months!  They are totally inside cats so I’m not sure why I’m even doing flea meds…no evidence of fleas on them.)

But in the way home poor Minnie threw up in her carrier…then again at home and was breathing very heavy…I called the vet and they said to bring her back.  I did and everything looked fine…they chalked it up to a bad car ride experience.  But both cats are not their normal selves.  Both are lethargic.  Minnie slept on my pillow all night whereas she normally comes and goes.  Diana didn’t come upstairs at all during the night, extremely unusual…and didn’t come up when she heard me get up.  She also didn’t eat breakfast.

I wouldn’t think a topical flea med would have such an effect…but nor do I think a rabies shot would either!!  Here I thought I was doing the best for them as I love them so much for getting me through covid and several deaths of friends and family…and instead I feel I poisoned them!

I’m sure they’ll be over whatever it is in a day or so but I feel terrible!

Now you know that flea med was too strong for  their systems, and will say no in the future. There is no way to know till you tried it. Give them some extra loving and they’ll be themselves again soon. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Graham, how is your eye ? 🥰

Thanks for asking Dani.

The distance reading lens is equal with the other eye.

This is the first time in 50 years the eyes have been equal without glasses.

So far I am delighted with the result.

Graham.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

My guess would be the flea meds too.  I have indoor cats and don't do flea meds unless I actually see one.  My vet uses Revolution + if needed. Don't feel bad you trusted your vet to do what was right for your pets.  

That is what I used for my girls as well.   They were indoor cats, but they did go out on the screen pool porch.  Easy for fleas to jump from the grass through the screen.  

Indeed only used it if I saw a flea, and did the application myself.  Never had a problem with the Revolution meds.  Though the girls sure hated the smell and one of them would salivate and scrunch her eyes up at it.  

Hopefully Samantha stays flea free!  🙂 😸

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks for asking Dani.

The distance reading lens is equal with the other eye.

This is the first time in 50 years the eyes have been equal without glasses.

So far I am delighted with the result.

Graham.

So happy to hear it went well for you, and was oh so worth it!!  🙂 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

I took both our cats to the vet yesterday for their annuals.  Both are so sweet and let you put them in the carriers.  Nothing more than mild squirming at the vet when being examined.  They had a rabies and another vaccine and a dose of very expensive flea topical drugs.  (Not going to use that pricey product again $62 per cat for a dose that lasts 3 months!  They are totally inside cats so I’m not sure why I’m even doing flea meds…no evidence of fleas on them.)

But in the way home poor Minnie threw up in her carrier…then again at home and was breathing very heavy…I called the vet and they said to bring her back.  I did and everything looked fine…they chalked it up to a bad car ride experience.  But both cats are not their normal selves.  Both are lethargic.  Minnie slept on my pillow all night whereas she normally comes and goes.  Diana didn’t come upstairs at all during the night, extremely unusual…and didn’t come up when she heard me get up.  She also didn’t eat breakfast.

I wouldn’t think a topical flea med would have such an effect…but nor do I think a rabies shot would either!!  Here I thought I was doing the best for them as I love them so much for getting me through covid and several deaths of friends and family…and instead I feel I poisoned them!

Dont feel you did anything wrong.   Hopefully they are just having a reaction to their shots and flea meds.  

One of my previous cats always got sick after getting his shots.  One time he had a fever and got sick a couple of times but after a day of rest and me plopping him front of water bowl to make sure he drank water he was feeling much better the next day.   

After that reaction the vet started to give him half doses of his shots then I would bring back 1 month later for next dose that seem to do the trick.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Poor kitties!  I sure hope Minnie and Diana start feeling better quickly.  Please don't blame yourself.  You were doing the right thing for your fur babies.  Hopefully, it's just like when some of us don't feel well for a day or two after we receive shots.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I visited my friend in the hospital two days after her replacement surgery. 
She walked across the room and shut the door…no cane, no crutch…no limp!!!

That's good news!  Hope Jim does as well!

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's great!  My neighbor had both knees replaced in the last year spaced out a couple months apart and she is doing very well.  

Jim would've loved to have both knees done at the same time;  we know 2 people who did that.  Dr. said no way would he do that with Jim.  Too many issues, I guess.  

13 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Good luck on Monday and a fast healing to Jim!

Thank you, Bonnie!

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Best wishes for a successful knee surgery on Monday for Jim.

Graham.

Thank you, Graham!

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Best of luck and speedy recovery to Jim!

Thank you, Arzeena!

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Congrats on the negative test...and hope all goes well with the knee surgery with quick recovery!

Thank you, Pat.  Here's hoping!😉

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

I got my booster on Sunday and my flu shot on Thursday.  I had them do different arms.  After the booster my arm was sore and I felt a little tired for a couple days.  The flu shot just gave me a sore arm.  I would have waited for the flu shot but I was in Walgreens to get my cat's insulin, it wasn't busy for once so just got the shot.

I'm a side sleeper...I wouldn't be able to get 2 shots, one in each arm in the same week.🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

Just now, Luckynana said:

I'm a side sleeper...I wouldn't be able to get 2 shots, one in each arm in the same week.🤷‍♀️

I sleep on my stomach so that wasn't a problem.  I think if I had remembered to move my arms around more after each shot it would have helped.  I am glad to have them out of the way.  Now I can work on finding where they give rabies vaccines and get those done.

• Like 4

This is nuts.  One minute I can't quote, nor multiple quote.  Then I can.  Then, I can't.  Perhaps it's just me.🤷‍♀️

Earlier, I tried logging on on my phone.  CC kept telling me my password is wrong.  Aaargh!

I was hoping to be able to respond to our thread while Jim's in the hospital on Monday with my phone.

I then tried going onto Royal Caribbean website to check drink packages on my cruises;  darned if that site didn't also tell me my password was wrong.  I have all of my passwords written down in a book specifically for that, so I do know what my passwords are.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Poor kitties!  I sure hope Minnie and Diana start feeling better quickly.  Please don't blame yourself.  You were doing the right thing for your fur babies.  Hopefully, it's just like when some of us don't feel well for a day or two after we receive shots.

I totally agree.  She definitely should not blame herself.  She only wants what is best for her fur babies, as do we all.  I totally blame the Vet though, IMHO...he used too strong of a flea med. on her babies.  I just hope they are better by now.  So sad to see them hurt.  

Sending the kitty fairy her way with good wishes to help them get better soon.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Yup, me as well.  I would have to sleep on my back...and when I do that...I am competition for Mr. Snores a lot in total volume!!  😄😉 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

This is nuts.  One minute I can't quote, nor multiple quote.  Then I can.  Then, I can't.  Perhaps it's just me.🤷‍♀️

Earlier, I tried logging on on my phone.  CC kept telling me my password is wrong.  Aaargh!

I was hoping to be able to respond to our thread while Jim's in the hospital on Monday with my phone.

I then tried going onto Royal Caribbean website to check drink packages on my cruises;  darned if that site didn't also tell me my password was wrong.  I have all of my passwords written down in a book specifically for that, so I do know what my passwords are.

Luckynana, I think you need a good drink after all the mental exercise of dealing with passwords! 😁

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Luckynana, I think you need a good drink after all the mental exercise of dealing with passwords! 😁

39 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

🍸

21 minutes ago, island lady said:

I will second that...Cheers!!  🥂

Thank you, ladies!!!!😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1