Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Leaving CocoCay shortly for a one night sail back to reality. Sigh. CocoCay is enjoyable with only 2400 passengers. “Front row” lounge chairs were all taken but you could find a chair and umbrella just about anywhere else.  We went ashore as soon as we were released to do so and had front row lounge chairs looking directly at the floating bar, which we used a couple of

times. It was slightly overcast which helped with the heat and the potential sunburn. 
532B2511-2D94-4C83-8FB6-0AFE6D94E167.thumb.jpeg.0173d5699301580acc0875a2d752c569.jpeg

• Like 17

21 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Jim had his Covid test today.  He must've passed, since the hospital called with the time he is to check in on Monday for his knee replacement surgery.  

Mayann I will be thinking of you and Jim and hoping for a successful operation. I plan on having both my knees done next year. I know the first month is not fun but everyone tells me that rehab is the key. Good luck and let us know how Jim is doing afterwards.

20 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Dani should get a CC certitificate of merit for starting this wonderful thread.

Totally Agree!

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

TSOD...Million Dollar Cowboy Bar, Jackson Hole Wyoming. 🤠

Great Bar. Wish I would have got a T-Shirt.

5 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I wouldn’t think a topical flea med would have such an effect…but nor do I think a rabies shot would either!!  I’m sure they’ll be over whatever it is in a day or so but I feel terrible!

I am sure your fur babies will bounce back. You are a good mom doing the right thing by taking them to the vet for preventive care.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Great Bar. Wish I would have got a T-Shirt.

We are heading up to JH early Monday morning for a few days. We'll be there NLT 11:00 AM. At 1:00 PM we'll be sitting in the Cowboy Bar having a couple of drinks. Then about 4:00 PM we'll be heading over to Merry Piglets for dinner. Good food, drinks and atmosphere. 🍻🍹🌮 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks for asking Dani.

The distance reading lens is equal with the other eye.

This is the first time in 50 years the eyes have been equal without glasses.

So far I am delighted with the result.

Graham.

That’s wonderful. Who says we can’t be young again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

This is nuts.  One minute I can't quote, nor multiple quote.  Then I can.  Then, I can't.  Perhaps it's just me.🤷‍♀️

Earlier, I tried logging on on my phone.  CC kept telling me my password is wrong.  Aaargh!

I was hoping to be able to respond to our thread while Jim's in the hospital on Monday with my phone.

I then tried going onto Royal Caribbean website to check drink packages on my cruises;  darned if that site didn't also tell me my password was wrong.  I have all of my passwords written down in a book specifically for that, so I do know what my passwords are.

When I get told my password is wrong, I click on forgot password. Then I put in my original password as a new password. And it gets accepted!

Mine are in a password booklet and in Dashlane. So I know I’m entering the right password, the website forgot it!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We are heading up to JH early Monday morning for a few days. We'll be there NLT 11:00 AM. At 1:00 PM we'll be sitting in the Cowboy Bar having a couple of drinks. Then about 4:00 PM we'll be heading over to Merry Piglets for dinner. Good food, drinks and atmosphere. 🍻🍹🌮 

Enjoy,Dave

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Leaving CocoCay shortly for a one night sail back to reality. Sigh. CocoCay is enjoyable with only 2400 passengers. “Front row” lounge chairs were all taken but you could find a chair and umbrella just about anywhere else.  We went ashore as soon as we were released to do so and had front row lounge chairs looking directly at the floating bar, which we used a couple of

times. It was slightly overcast which helped with the heat and the potential sunburn. 
532B2511-2D94-4C83-8FB6-0AFE6D94E167.thumb.jpeg.0173d5699301580acc0875a2d752c569.jpeg

Overcast may help with the heat, but it only makes the sunburn sneak up on you.  You will definitely get a bad burn if you are not careful. 

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I would love to be young again.I was just e-mailing with a guy who I last saw 67 years ago .We were discussing the good old days.

Lenny, I don't want to be young again. I'm enjoying my new life, retirement way too much. Not to pat myself on the back, but I'm still in excellent health and shape. What's weird is I don't know who the hell the old fart is that is starring back at me every time I look in the mirror. 😂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

25 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I would love to be young again.I was just e-mailing with a guy who I last saw 67 years ago .We were discussing the good old days.

As long as you can remember the good times, you can always revisit them!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Love Jackson Hole. My brother used to live there and I would visit for some fantastic skiing.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Love Jackson Hole. My brother used to live there and I would visit for some fantastic skiing.

I've never skied JH's slopes. We only go to JH in July and September. We have taken the Teton Village tram up to the summit a few times in July. Then back down for drinks and dinner at the Mangy Moose. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Nice!  I can't wait to cruise again!  Well, I do have to wait until February😁

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Mayann I will be thinking of you and Jim and hoping for a successful operation. I plan on having both my knees done next year. I know the first month is not fun but everyone tells me that rehab is the key. Good luck and let us know how Jim is doing afterwards.

Thank you so much, Greg.  Yes, we've heard that rehab is the key.  I know Jim will do the right thing...he's been in pain for way too long.  He's hoping his second operation will be scheduled much sooner than this next year.

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

That’s wonderful. Who says we can’t be young again!

That's right, Mimi!  As we all know, age is just a number.  I always feel so much younger while in Florida.  As much as we love and miss our daughters and grandchildren, in Naples, we are a couple, as are all of our friends there.  We're not Nana and Pop🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

When I get told my password is wrong, I click on forgot password. Then I put in my original password as a new password. And it gets accepted!

Mine are in a password booklet and in Dashlane. So I know I’m entering the right password, the website forgot it!

Thank you, Mimi!  I'll give it a try on my phone.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Lastly I heard, the new Pfizer adapted to the Delta variant will be ready in December....

So I imagine this will be a 4th vacc?

The news makes it seem like only Pfizer 3rd shot (booster) is available when so many of us already received Moderna 3rd shot.  News changes daily. 

Meanwhile, today was lovely.  Perfect weather and we had breakfast out with 4 friends of ours.  Original Pancake House.  Omelet had to go back, dry as toast.  Pancakes were...pancakes,  Then some food shopping and now sitting relaxing  waiting for my unstuffed cabbage to finish cooking.

My mother did not own any measuring cups or spoons, nor pot holders.  She always used a dish towel that was always handy to remove hot pans from the oven.  She used a pinch of this, a small handful of that.  She only had a few recipes she cut out of the newspaper.   I, on the other hand have a multitude of measuring cups, spoons, pot holders, recipe books, a bajillion kitchen utensils all of which doesn't help me come close to the excellent cook she was....sigh.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

It's great skiing. The vertical drop is steeper than most resorts but the snow and powder is amazing.

We have great powder here also. Or should I say use to! The last couple of years haven't been snow makers that we are use to. I didn't even ski last season.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

My mother did not own any measuring cups or spoons, nor pot holders.  She always used a dish towel that was always handy to remove hot pans from the oven.  She used a pinch of this, a small handful of that.  She only had a few recipes she cut out of the newspaper.   I, on the other hand have a multitude of measuring cups, spoons, pot holders, recipe books, a bajillion kitchen utensils all of which doesn't help me come close to the excellent cook she was....sigh.

My mom made excellent biscuits.  When I asked for her recipe, she said 1 cup flour, 2 teaspoons baking power, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 forks of shortening, and enough milk to moisten well.  I have never been able to reproduce her delicious biscuits, as I must have a different size fork than she did.  🙂  

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, derorim said:

My mom made excellent biscuits.  When I asked for her recipe, she said 1 cup flour, 2 teaspoons baking power, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 forks of shortening, and enough milk to moisten well.  I have never been able to reproduce her delicious biscuits, as I must have a different size fork than she did.  🙂  

My daughter tells me she can't duplicate my chicken soup which I watched my mother make once a week and holidays.  I still feel it isn't as good as hers.  Some recipes made from the heart can't be duplicated.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

So I imagine this will be a 4th vacc?

Yep.... Though some experts say that the 3rd shot will keep longer....

Huge disappointment that the 2 first shots kept only 5-6 months. Yes, it seems that Moderna "lasts" longer than Pfizer.

In the end, if 1-2 shots per year will enable us to get our lives back, I'm all IN.

• Like 5