Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 hours ago, davekathy said:

We are heading up to JH early Monday morning for a few days. We'll be there NLT 11:00 AM. At 1:00 PM we'll be sitting in the Cowboy Bar having a couple of drinks. Then about 4:00 PM we'll be heading over to Merry Piglets for dinner. Good food, drinks and atmosphere. 🍻🍹🌮 

Ready to get on a plane and join you...sound fantabulous!  Have a great time...but don't need to tell you that...I already know you will!   Cheers!  🥂

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, davekathy said:

Lenny, I don't want to be young again. I'm enjoying my new life, retirement way too much. Not to pat myself on the back, but I'm still in excellent health and shape. What's weird is I don't know who the hell the old fart is that is starring back at me every time I look in the mirror. 😂

Sigh...me too.  Don't want to go back to "that age" again and lose what I know now.  Though going back to the body of youth I had...now that could be a dangerous combination.  😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Yep.... Though some experts say that the 3rd shot will keep longer....

Huge disappointment that the 2 first shots kept only 5-6 months. Yes, it seems that Moderna "lasts" longer than Pfizer.

In the end, if 1-2 shots per year will enable us to get our lives back, I'm all IN.

+1 on that!!  Just waiting another couple of weeks to get my Moderna booster. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Thank you.

Also one more question.

Is there anyway to pre-write a post and save it for later.

I have something in the works that involves a little lets say background information.

TY

I would write it to a document on your phone. When you are ready to post it to CC simply copy and paste the text.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, helen haywood said:

For everyone who was so helpful in making me feel better about poisoning my cats 🙀😢 I’m happy to report that around 7 pm they started to act like their usual selves.  Diana started playing with her ball/scratcher pad toy and Minnie started trotting around nudging everything.  I think there may be midair leaping and batting Temptations down with one paw later. 😊🥰

Thanks again for all the support.  It really really helped me.

image.thumb.jpeg.3424bf165aaed09579e8437add03c7cf.jpeg

That is such a relief they are doing better!!  Thanks for update and posting this precious picture.  I was about to post a question to you as to how they are doing.  Happy they are doing well now.  

You are a good cat Momma!  Purrrrr......

13 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Yep.... Though some experts say that the 3rd shot will keep longer....

Huge disappointment that the 2 first shots kept only 5-6 months. Yes, it seems that Moderna "lasts" longer than Pfizer.

In the end, if 1-2 shots per year will enable us to get our lives back, I'm all IN.

+1 on that!!  Just waiting another couple of weeks to get my Moderna booster. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Keksie said:

She had her first scolding today.  Plants are off limits.  I just love her so much it is hard to be stern.  LOL

Katie was so funny, she would actually go for the plants just to get attention.  So I got rid of all my house plants inside.  Went to plastic plants.  

So what did she do?  The year before she passed...she started chewing on the tips of the plastic plants!!  Again...wanting attention.  How do you scold a 16 year old cat that has been doing that all her life.  😉   

Soooo, I painted the tips of the plastic plants with Dawn dish detergent.  Problem solved. Yuck Momma!  Patooie!!  🙀

Edited by island lady
  • Like 6
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Helen I’m so sorry to hear about your kitties. That must be awful. Hope they are feeling better. We have used Revolution in the past and have had good results with it. If you just see one or two fleas comb them with a flea comb several times a day and see if that works first. We will get the prescription from the vet and then get it online. It’s much cheaper thIs way.

I buy revolution from my vet for $50 a box, that is 3 treatments.  How much do you get it for online?

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Avocado margarita? 🤔 I love avocados, but I’m not so sure about it in a drink. Does it have much of an avocado taste?

I actually think I could of put more avocado in it. The melon liqueur and the grand mariner smooth it out very nicely. Here is the recipe.

In a blender blend

2oz Tequila

1.5 oz Melon Liqueur

1.5 oz Agave

1 oz Lime Juice

1/4 Avocado

Pink Salt for Rim

1.5 Cup of Ice

Try it I think you will really like it.

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Thank you.

Also one more question.

Is there anyway to pre-write a post and save it for later.

I have something in the works that involves a little lets say background information.

TY

I do what @Ocean Boy recommends. Just do your draft in Notes or Simple Text then copy and paste.

• Like 2

Just got home. Walked out of our cabin at 7:50 and we’re loading luggage into our car around 8:00. No suite concierge walkoff but not needed. Home at 10:55. I’m liking this drive to the port thing. 

Headed to a local bar to watch the Bills play with a bunch of Bills Mafia in this area.  Should be fun. I’ll wrap up our cruise with several more thoughts either later tonight or tomorrow, depending on how well the Bills did and how much beer was involved. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bobmacliberty said:

Just got home. Walked out of our cabin at 7:50 and we’re loading luggage into our car around 8:00. No suite concierge walkoff but not needed. Home at 10:55. I’m liking this drive to the port thing. 

Headed to a local bar to watch the Bills play with a bunch of Bills Mafia in this area.  Should be fun. I’ll wrap up our cruise with several more thoughts either later tonight or tomorrow, depending on how well the Bills did and how much beer was involved. 

Welcome home!  Wow...great timing on disembarkation day!  Nice!  Just hope my Harmony cruises go as smoothly as well.  🙂 

Welcome to "drive distance to port".  We love it too.  😄   3 hours to Ft. Lauderdale for us, 2 hours to Tampa...and a grueling 20 minutes to PC.  What's not to love.  😉 

Though we still have a lot "fly to" ports in our line up....those easy drive to days are still the best.  

• Like 5

I forgot to mention that I Googled Bravecto and some side effects can be:  lethargy, vomiting, loss of appetite…. Yes, it definitely was the flea medicine.  Thanks for the suggestion of Revolution. We’ve used it in the past…and I believe the Pet Armour also works well…. I just thought the idea of a dose that worked for three months was a good idea…but not so for my wallet and their tummies.

Samantha is so adorable!!

We had to make changes to accommodate our furry friends.  After all, we are just cat valets.  Minnie, for example, does not believe in closed doors.  We used to sleep behind closed doors…not anymore.  Rattle, rattle, RATTLE!!!  There is actually nothing more soothing than falling asleep or waking up to purring. 🥰

• Like 4

13 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Short term memory includes COVID, lockdowns, divided country. 
Long term includes happy days and good friends. 
Maybe there’s a reason we retain the long ago memories!

I still have a friend who I met when I was 4 years old.He lives in Oregon but we communicate by phone and e-mail at least once a week.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Welcome home from your fantastic cruise 

12 hours ago, Keksie said:

Just show up at the door with an empty measuring cup say "hi neighbor" and say you just wanted to introduce yourself and borrow a cup of sugar.  LOL

Something a bit similiar.Many years ago a co-worker of my wife and her husband were going to a party,My wife and I were invited to join them.At the party we heard singing and someone said,”that is our neighbor,she thinks she can sing” and they laughed.The singing was very loud.I was asked to go next door and ask the woman to please tone it down.I had quite a few drinks at the time and did not ask why I should do it.I went ,rang the doorbell and was very embarrassed because the door was opened by Whitney Houston.She said “I guess you were volunteered to tell me to tone it down”.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sounds like concierge didn’t do much, go Bills , we were at a Bills bar in Dallas many decades ago when they did there 30 point comeback to beat Houston, with Frank Reich as the QB , I almost was ready to walk out .