Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We usually did 14 night cruises.7 is too short .The only 7’s we liked is when we went to Bermuda and had 3 overnights.We never did longer than 14.

Friends of ours who only cruise on Princess only do back to back 14 nighters.

Princess has absolutely wonderful itineraries. 
Now that we’re operating on a budget, though, I checked Princess Club Class mini suites against Royal’s Jrs and the cost was double. I don’t know if I’ll even try for dinner in Coastal Kitchen, but the Club Class section of the Princess MDR was a total delight. However, Royal all the way around offers more bang for my buck. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Princess has absolutely wonderful itineraries. 
Now that we’re operating on a budget, though, I checked Princess Club Class mini suites against Royal’s Jrs and the cost was double. I don’t know if I’ll even try for dinner in Coastal Kitchen, but the Club Class section of the Princess MDR was a total delight. However, Royal all the way around offers more bang for my buck. 

We only do OV cabins. We had balconies twice and one of us did not care for that . 

So, this morning I took the electric hedge trimmer out front to trim some of the bushes;  after trimming two of the hedges,  I began trimming the azaleas.   All of a sudden, I saw movement in one of the azaleas.  OMG, there was a birds nest, and I must've just about grazed the nest, and there was a baby bird now sitting on the branches next to the nest.  I was so afraid that I had hit the baby, and the momma bird was frantically chirping a few feet away.  I was so upset.  I then saw there was another baby bird in the nest as I put the baby bird back in the nest.  Luckily all were well.  That was it for me with the trimmer today.  Note to self...check the bushes first next time.  Poor little things😔

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

So, this morning I took the electric hedge trimmer out front to trim some of the bushes;  after trimming two of the hedges,  I began trimming the azaleas.   All of a sudden, I saw movement in one of the azaleas.  OMG, there was a birds nest, and I must've just about grazed the nest, and there was a baby bird now sitting on the branches next to the nest.  I was so afraid that I had hit the baby, and the momma bird was frantically chirping a few feet away.  I was so upset.  I then saw there was another baby bird in the nest as I put the baby bird back in the nest.  Luckily all were well.  That was it for me with the trimmer today.  Note to self...check the bushes first next time.  Poor little things😔

We never had birds in bushes but we did have birds in our outside vent who apparently wanted to visit.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I have done that in the past. In addition to birds I have encountered hornet nests also. Now I try to do most of the trimming in late fall.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have done that in the past. In addition to birds I have encountered hornet nests also. Now I try to do most of the trimming in late fall.

We have encountered birds nest and also baby bunnies.  My DH now is very careful when he uses the weedwacker near the bushes.🐰🐇

• Like 4

On 9/25/2021 at 3:23 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Watching the video all I could think of is that there are few things that will clog up your arteries better than a full English breakfast.

It can be done fairly healthy,  for instance, poached eggs or dry fried in non stick pan, mushrooms cooked with one cal cooking spray, baked beans with reduced sugar, grilled tomatoes, lean bacon  and grilled half fat sausages . Maybe not so good as porridge or fruit and yoghurt but better than some other breakfasts 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

It is kind of late in the year for baby birds? :classic_huh: But I am glad they were okay. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Oh that sounds super yummy!  Might want to try that myself!  😋

If you do make it you want to put toothpicks, usually 2 each, to hold together.

And I spread grey poupon dijon mustard on inside before I put in slices of swiss and ham, then roll up, toothpick to hold, then lightly brown then simmer in gravy for about hour makes it so tender.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

We never had birds in bushes but we did have birds in our outside vent who apparently wanted to visit.

We've had birds in our home on Staten Island.  Our house was over 100 years old, and a couple of times through the years, a bird would find it's way into the attic and somehow get downstairs.  

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

When our daughters were little, we used to have hedges separating our property from next door.  One of the girls walked by, brushing  her hand in the hedges;  there was a bees nest in it.  Poor kid began screaming and running up the street.  She was stung so many times.  It was awful.

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have encountered birds nest and also baby bunnies.  My DH now is very careful when he uses the weedwacker near the bushes.🐰🐇

I've learned my lesson today.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I buy revolution from my vet for $50 a box, that is 3 treatments.  How much do you get it for online?

That doesn’t sound to bad. We paid that years ago from Dr. Foster & Smith which is now Petco. The vet we use is expensive especially for the medications.

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I actually think I could of put more avocado in it. The melon liqueur and the grand mariner smooth it out very nicely. Here is the recipe.

In a blender blend

2oz Tequila

1.5 oz Melon Liqueur

1.5 oz Agave

1 oz Lime Juice

1/4 Avocado

Pink Salt for Rim

1.5 Cup of Ice

Try it I think you will really like it.

I do what @Ocean Boy recommends. Just do your draft in Notes or Simple Text then copy and paste.

Thanks for the recipe. I’ll have to give it a try.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My sister in law had squirrels once in her attic.It was a mess getting rid of them.

We bought a Mother/Daughter here in NJ, and there were squirrels in the attic over the apartment when we first moved in.  Jim was able to catch them with the have a heart cages, once our neighbor told us we needed bigger cages to get them!😉  We had raccoons between the roof and ceiling on our back porch in our house on SI.  We bought red pepper flakes, boiled them in water, strained it, then sprayed  before calling an exterminator.  He put traps out on our back deck with fish, etc. in the traps.  He came back 2 or 3 times, and couldn't believe no raccoons were in the trap.  Apparently, the red pepper flakes caused them to vacate our porch. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I forgot to mention that I Googled Bravecto and some side effects can be:  lethargy, vomiting, loss of appetite…. Yes, it definitely was the flea medicine.  Thanks for the suggestion of Revolution. We’ve used it in the past…and I believe the Pet Armour also works well…. I just thought the idea of a dose that worked for three months was a good idea…but not so for my wallet and their tummies.

Samantha is so adorable!!

We had to make changes to accommodate our furry friends.  After all, we are just cat valets.  Minnie, for example, does not believe in closed doors.  We used to sleep behind closed doors…not anymore.  Rattle, rattle, RATTLE!!!  There is actually nothing more soothing than falling asleep or waking up to purring. 🥰

We had to put a little latch on the door because of this. Mike is allergic to the cats so they aren’t allowed in the bedroom. Sometimes I’ll sleep on the couch when he is gone so I can sleep with them. 

7 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I agree Dani.  The six day simulation was too short.  Hopefully the eleven day in January will be a go.

😁 You should have tried the 2 day Allure test cruise. Still thankful I was able to go on it, but boy did it go fast.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I forgot to mention that I Googled Bravecto and some side effects can be:  lethargy, vomiting, loss of appetite…. Yes, it definitely was the flea medicine.  Thanks for the suggestion of Revolution. We’ve used it in the past…and I believe the Pet Armour also works well…. I just thought the idea of a dose that worked for three months was a good idea…but not so for my wallet and their tummies.

Samantha is so adorable!!

We had to make changes to accommodate our furry friends.  After all, we are just cat valets.  Minnie, for example, does not believe in closed doors.  We used to sleep behind closed doors…not anymore.  Rattle, rattle, RATTLE!!!  There is actually nothing more soothing than falling asleep or waking up to purring. 🥰

This is what happens when one of the cats want to get on Mike when he is lying down.

Screenshot_20210603-111705_Gallery.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 6
  • Haha 7

9 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We bought a Mother/Daughter here in NJ, and there were squirrels in the attic over the apartment when we first moved in.  Jim was able to catch them with the have a heart cages, once our neighbor told us we needed bigger cages to get them!😉  We had raccoons between the roof and ceiling on our back porch in our house on SI.  We bought red pepper flakes, boiled them in water, strained it, then sprayed  before calling an exterminator.  He put traps out on our back deck with fish, etc. in the traps.  He came back 2 or 3 times, and couldn't believe no raccoons were in the trap.  Apparently, the red pepper flakes caused them to vacate our porch. 

Oh boy 😳