Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is 70°F and sunny.

We had a nice church service this morning then went out for lunch.

Prayers 🙏 for anyone connected to the Montana Amtrak train crash yesterday.

Graham.

IMG_20210926_122506.jpg

IMG_20210926_114949.jpg

Screenshot_20210926_163410.jpg

IMG_20210926_114845.jpg

Beautiful photos, as always!

• Thanks 1

TSOTD is Costa Maya

Tonight's Diner will be Chicken ala Didi.  Its thin chicken cutlets rolled up with ham and swiss cheese that is browned in live olive oil and fresh garlic then simmered in chicken gravy for about an hr.

Will do some kind of rice and fresh greens.

It got its name from a french boss I had many years ago.  His wife gave me the recipe and her name is Didi.

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

TSOTD is Costa Maya

Tonight's Diner will be Chicken ala Didi.  Its thin chicken cutlets rolled up with ham and swiss cheese that is browned in live olive oil and fresh garlic then simmered in chicken gravy for about an hr.

It got its name from a french boss I had many years ago.  His wife gave me the recipe and her name is Didi.

I brought home recipes from co-workers but never thought of naming them,however my wife has.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

TSOTD is Costa Maya

TSOD...HOG

Call your chicken what ever you want. All I know is it sounds yum, yummy. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I actually think I could of put more avocado in it. The melon liqueur and the grand mariner smooth it out very nicely. Here is the recipe.

In a blender blend

2oz Tequila

1.5 oz Melon Liqueur

1.5 oz Agave

1 oz Lime Juice

1/4 Avocado

Pink Salt for Rim

1.5 Cup of Ice

Try it I think you will really like it.

I do what @Ocean Boy recommends. Just do your draft in Notes or Simple Text then copy and paste.

Sounds like you need a couple more shots of tequila 😁😁
TSOTD Buffalo Bills 

Edited by George C
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I forgot to mention that I Googled Bravecto and some side effects can be:  lethargy, vomiting, loss of appetite…. Yes, it definitely was the flea medicine.  Thanks for the suggestion of Revolution. We’ve used it in the past…and I believe the Pet Armour also works well…. I just thought the idea of a dose that worked for three months was a good idea…but not so for my wallet and their tummies.

Samantha is so adorable!!

We had to make changes to accommodate our furry friends.  After all, we are just cat valets.  Minnie, for example, does not believe in closed doors.  We used to sleep behind closed doors…not anymore.  Rattle, rattle, RATTLE!!!  There is actually nothing more soothing than falling asleep or waking up to purring. 🥰

Indeed the best...purrr..purrr...purr.  Best sleep medicine in the world.  Sigh...miss it a lot.  I am living vicariously through you and our other Cat Mommas on this thread.  

Also the same.  No way could we keep any doors closed, especially the bedroom door!!  🙀  One door we did insist on keeping closed ....was the walk in closet door.  Boy oh boy, when she got a chance to dive in there, she would.  We laughed and called it "the black hole"....she could get lost in there.  😉 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Cruise's end already??? That was quick 😢.

"Me" thinks a week long cruise is too short. At least 10-11 days will be puurrrrfect for "me" 😉.

Same here.  We used to do 3 or 4 night weekender cruises when we were still working, except for the last job...slave driver boss made me work weekends too.   😮 

Then, after we both retired, we started with the week long cruises...even then those got to be too short.  Now...2 weeks is our usual, and many are longer.  Though could not do the longer ones when we were "pet parents".    Missed them too much.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

TSOTD is Costa Maya

Oh that sounds super yummy!  Might want to try that myself!  😋

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Just got home. Walked out of our cabin at 7:50 and we’re loading luggage into our car around 8:00. No suite concierge walkoff but not needed. Home at 10:55. I’m liking this drive to the port thing. 

Headed to a local bar to watch the Bills play with a bunch of Bills Mafia in this area.  Should be fun. I’ll wrap up our cruise with several more thoughts either later tonight or tomorrow, depending on how well the Bills did and how much beer was involved. 

I guess you enjoyed your post cruise game! 
My team, of course, lost. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

TSOTD is Costa Maya

I will try this some day. It sounds very good. Will you post a picture, only if you can?

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Same here.  We used to do 3 or 4 night weekender cruises when we were still working, except for the last job...slave driver boss made me work weekends too.   😮 

Then, after we both retired, we started with the week long cruises...even then those got to be too short.  Now...2 weeks is our usual, and many are longer.  Though could not do the longer ones when we were "pet parents".    Missed them too much.   

I love 12 day cruises. With 7, I feel like I’m just starting to remember where I put everything, and it’s time to pack again. 
Our  last cruise was a 27 day Princess in 2019. It was fantastic, but wore Dick out.  He said he was done with anything longer than 7. Hence our 7 day March 2020/21/22. I hope 22!
Now he says he will do one under 14 days…drive to port. Royal is not accommodating us…best I could do was an Allure 8 day. 
Vision has an itinerary that would give me maximum days, but what I like about Royal is the Aqua Theater and ice show. 
That eliminates Vision. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Just got home. Walked out of our cabin at 7:50 and we’re loading luggage into our car around 8:00. No suite concierge walkoff but not needed. Home at 10:55. I’m liking this drive to the port thing. 

Glad you got home safely,  I enjoyed your pictures and posts,  Bob!

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Welcome home after a great cruise. We too may have relocate after retirement. I like the idea of not having to fly to get on the ship. We could cruise more.

Greg, it really is wonderful when you can just drive to the Ports.  We're at the top of Alligator Alley, so it doesn't take long to drive to Ft. Lauderdale and Miami Ports.  Cape Liberty in NJ is only and hour, hour and a half for us.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is 70°F and sunny.

We had a nice church service this morning then went out for lunch.

Prayers 🙏 for anyone connected to the Montana Amtrak train crash yesterday.

Graham.

IMG_20210926_122506.jpg

IMG_20210926_114949.jpg

Screenshot_20210926_163410.jpg

IMG_20210926_114845.jpg

Graham, lunch pictures look great, as does Pauline, but....where's the fish and chips??  

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Cruise's end already??? That was quick 😢.

"Me" thinks a week long cruise is too short. At least 10-11 days will be puurrrrfect for "me" 😉.

Absolutely!  7 days is a short cruise for me, as well!

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

TSOTD is Costa Maya

Jim makes what we call "Bert's Chicken".  Our dear friend Bert used to bake chicken cutlets with mayo parmagiana cheese and bread crumbs.  It originated on the Hellman's mayonnaise jar.  It's a big hit around here.  It's sooo good!

I wish I could remember how I used to make mahi mahi with mayonnaise years ago when I lived in Ft. Lauderdale.  Anyone have any suggestions?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I love 12 day cruises. With 7, I feel like I’m just starting to remember where I put everything, and it’s time to pack again. 
Our  last cruise was a 27 day Princess in 2019. It was fantastic, but wore Dick out.  He said he was done with anything longer than 7. Hence our 7 day March 2020/21/22. I hope 22!
Now he says he will do one under 14 days…drive to port. Royal is not accommodating us…best I could do was an Allure 8 day. 
Vision has an itinerary that would give me maximum days, but what I like about Royal is the Aqua Theater and ice show. 
That eliminates Vision. 

We usually did 14 night cruises.7 is too short .The only 7’s we liked is when we went to Bermuda and had 3 overnights.We never did longer than 14.

Friends of ours who only cruise on Princess only do back to back 14 nighters.

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

Jim makes what we call "Bert's Chicken".  Our dear friend Bert used to bake chicken cutlets with mayo parmagiana cheese and bread crumbs.  It originated on the Hellman's mayonnaise jar.  It's a big hit around here.  It's sooo good!

I wish I could remember how I used to make mahi mahi with mayonnaise years ago when I lived in Ft. Lauderdale.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Lucky Nana it sounds delish.

• Like 2