Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Jim had his Covid test today.  He must've passed, since the hospital called with the time he is to check in on Monday for his knee replacement surgery.  He's waited a long time for this.  He would've gone last year, but with the Covid so prevalent, he was hesitant to go into the hospital at that time.  After getting home from Naples this past May, we thought he would've been scheduled sometime around July, but that didn't happen.  Better late than never!

Congrats on the negative test...and hope all goes well with the knee surgery with quick recovery!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

He waited a week and a half after the flu shot.  They said they give the vaccines together but I wouldn’t take that chance.

Both my pharmacy tech and my sister told me it was best to wait two weeks in between, just to be on safe side and perhaps help with set in for both separately I assume.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Nor would I.  I'll get my flu shot in about a week or two, then I'll be getting my second Shingrex shot around November/December.  

The Shingrex shot I made sure to separate weeks in between when I got both of mine well before jab of Covid Vaccine.   They definitely did not want those to take place close to each other.  

Bucky and I are not due to booster shot officially until mid October, so that falls in line with keeping separate of flu shots we just got.  

Still need to get my tetnus shot...but wow...with all of these other shots...tough to fit it in separately as well.  With the six month blood tests I just got and waiting for these...I  think I am turning into a walking pin cushion!  😮

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I visited my friend in the hospital two days after her replacement surgery. 
She walked across the room and shut the door…no cane, no crutch…no limp!!!

That is so amazing how well they are doing knee surgeries now.  I also had a neighbor who was walking down the street just days after her surgery.  Her doctor recommended she walk as soon as 

possible.  

If and when it comes down to me having to get one...I won't hesitate.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

🎶It’s gonna beeeeeeeee

a perfect day, perfect day, perfect day. 🎶

That’s going to be stuck in my head for a while. 

Indeed some of those tired old songs they play over, and over, and over...and over!!   Are sooo annoying!  😵

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

We did see that and it is absolutely amazing. :classic_smile: And then our next thought was about their inability to access their home, except eventually by helicopter. :classic_smile: And then our third thought was what happens with your insurance, when your house is not destroyed but you can no longer live there? :classic_smile:

I thought the same about only way to get there would be helicopter and there is probably no utilities available either    I didn't think about insurance.    I wonder if it works the same way insurance works in the US.

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

I am done with the flu shot.

Not eligible for the third shot yet. I got a similar generic email from CVS too to schedule both together. I asked about the details. Was told that it is not a booster (especially Moderna), but it is jab # 3 of dose # 2 of the vaccine and eligibility currently is certain groups over 65. OK I will have to wait.

I was also told that an actual "booster" will be coming out which is able to fight future mutations.

That has been the reason Eric has been waiting on getting Pfizer booster.    As we heard the booster trials were tweaked a little to fight off other variants/mutations too.      I have not heard when exactly the new Pfizer booster will be available.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am sure she is happy to be home and happy to see your smiling face again too!

That is great that your Daughters live nearby and are able to help.😍

I posted so much about my daughters but forgot to mention my son in laws.

They are both wonderful.The one who lives close by takes me to doctors,hospitals and will do anything for my wife and I without hesitation.He began dating my daughter when he was 18 and he will be 50 in a few months.My other son in law has physical limitations but he does as much as he can for us.

• Like 7

I took both our cats to the vet yesterday for their annuals.  Both are so sweet and let you put them in the carriers.  Nothing more than mild squirming at the vet when being examined.  They had a rabies and another vaccine and a dose of very expensive flea topical drugs.  (Not going to use that pricey product again $62 per cat for a dose that lasts 3 months!  They are totally inside cats so I’m not sure why I’m even doing flea meds…no evidence of fleas on them.)

But in the way home poor Minnie threw up in her carrier…then again at home and was breathing very heavy…I called the vet and they said to bring her back.  I did and everything looked fine…they chalked it up to a bad car ride experience.  But both cats are not their normal selves.  Both are lethargic.  Minnie slept on my pillow all night whereas she normally comes and goes.  Diana didn’t come upstairs at all during the night, extremely unusual…and didn’t come up when she heard me get up.  She also didn’t eat breakfast.

I wouldn’t think a topical flea med would have such an effect…but nor do I think a rabies shot would either!!  Here I thought I was doing the best for them as I love them so much for getting me through covid and several deaths of friends and family…and instead I feel I poisoned them!

I’m sure they’ll be over whatever it is in a day or so but I feel terrible!

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I took both our cats to the vet yesterday for their annuals.  Both are so sweet and let you put them in the carriers.  Nothing more than mild squirming at the vet when being examined.  They had a rabies and another vaccine and a dose of very expensive flea topical drugs.  (Not going to use that pricey product again $62 per cat for a dose that lasts 3 months!  They are totally inside cats so I’m not sure why I’m even doing flea meds…no evidence of fleas on them.)

But in the way home poor Minnie threw up in her carrier…then again at home and was breathing very heavy…I called the vet and they said to bring her back.  I did and everything looked fine…they chalked it up to a bad car ride experience.  But both cats are not their normal selves.  Both are lethargic.  Minnie slept on my pillow all night whereas she normally comes and goes.  Diana didn’t come upstairs at all during the night, extremely unusual…and didn’t come up when she heard me get up.  She also didn’t eat breakfast.

I wouldn’t think a topical flea med would have such an effect…but nor do I think a rabies shot would either!!  Here I thought I was doing the best for them as I love them so much for getting me through covid and several deaths of friends and family…and instead I feel I poisoned them!

I hope your cats feel better very soon.

16 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

That's terrible!  I am so sorry you are going through this.  Indeed something went wrong at the Vets, I would be very upset with that Vet right now.  And my unprofessional guestimate...it's the flea meds. It is still a type of poison.  

Many years ago I lost my beautiful, and very healthy all his life,  8 year old Tabby just days after going to a new Vet when we moved.  That Vet insisted I get a cocktail of shots and meds into him.  It was just supposed to be a check up, he died in the middle of the night before I could get him into emergency. After that I got very hesitatant to just accept everything they wanted to administer to my girls I had later, and of course changed Vets.   I think that nefarious new Vet was just in it for the money.

Not saying your Vet is like that, but does seem very suspicious.  I hope your babies are doing better soon.  Nothing more heart breaking for a pet parent to see our helpless fur babies suffer.  My heart goes out to you.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 5

Thanks for all the support! I suspect the flea meds as well.  Would have to be pretty potent stuff to last three months!  I don’t blame the vet because I asked for a different flea med as we’ve been religiously using Pet Armour monthly and yet I saw one flea on Diana.  I will call and report how it affected my cats to them.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, helen haywood said:

Thanks for all the support! I suspect the flea meds as well.  Would have to be pretty potent stuff to last three months!  I don’t blame the vet because I asked for a different flea med as we’ve been religiously using Pet Armour monthly and yet I saw one flea on Diana.  I will call and report how it affected my cats to them.  

Keep us posted, and all the best wishes sent to you for your babies to recover from this very soon.  

21 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

My guess would be the flea meds too.  I have indoor cats and don't do flea meds unless I actually see one.  My vet uses Revolution + if needed. Don't feel bad you trusted your vet to do what was right for your pets.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

That is so amazing how well they are doing knee surgeries now.  I also had a neighbor who was walking down the street just days after her surgery.  Her doctor recommended she walk as soon as 

possible.  

If and when it comes down to me having to get one...I won't hesitate.  

I had mine in ‘99. The only prep was being measured for crutches. Which I never used because…no good reason, I was miserable with them. Used a walker to go to rehab, and after a week or two was given the okay for a cane. 
My friend was given exercises to do starting 3 weeks before the surgery, and got the improved technique so her scar is much shorter. She was also told to eat a high protein diet and drink protein drinks for a week before surgery and a couple of weeks after. Never told to use any kind of aid. 
Definitely, knee replacement has changed for the better. Way better!

• Like 3