Jump to content
,

Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Being a lifeguard on a cruise ship having to stand and stare at an empty pool. Not my idea of a good time.

 

20220127_091109.thumb.jpg.3a12b7c54c30f8ebbcf2a4ae092aae6c.jpg

 

Definitely not a job that I'd want.  I've always been impressed with the procedure that they use when changing lifeguards, with the incoming guard thoroughly looking at the pool and then the outgoing guard doing the same.  Doesn't take much to impress me.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

In St. Maarten with Edge and Club Med 2. Those Edge class ships have an ugly stubby looking bow.

 

 

 


totally agree. I don’t care for the bow at all.

 

 

47 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

 

Thank you Bob very much. After hearing you had my Sea Dog Old Fashioned it put me in the mood to have one. I don’t remember what you ended up using for the syrup, was it proof syrup?

 

 

21 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I didn't want to scare you but did want you to be aware.  The fact that you keep seeing it and not just at night is worrisome.  Google Missouri coyote removal for ideas and businesses that will remove them for you.  Another idea - could you create a fenced area for the pups?  The coyote could still come over but it would be a barrier between the coyote and you.  I would never leave them alone though.  

 

I don’t want them to be removed they have just as much to live where they want as I do. I do have fenced in area that is bordered by a retaining wall. They could jump down from the top of the wall into the lower area so I may put up a temporary garden fence for the next couple of months during mating season.

2AAF48F7-85A8-4F24-9936-275716C57D69.thumb.jpeg.1f521c0ca643d83da0ed1e0bc023f4fb.jpeg

 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:


totally agree. I don’t care for the bow at all.

 

 

 

Thank you Bob very much. After hearing you had my Sea Dog Old Fashioned it put me in the mood to have one. I don’t remember what you ended up using for the syrup, was it proof syrup?

 

 

 

I don’t want them to be removed they have just as much to live where they want as I do. I do have fenced in area that is bordered by a retaining wall. They could jump down from the top of the wall into the lower area so I may put up a temporary garden fence for the next couple of months during mating season.

2AAF48F7-85A8-4F24-9936-275716C57D69.thumb.jpeg.1f521c0ca643d83da0ed1e0bc023f4fb.jpeg

 

Now that I see the area I am not as worried especially if the coyotes are moving along the wooded area and not stopping and stalking the fenced area.  I like the idea of the temporary garden fence.  I would still always be out with them for now.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That’s what I really hated. Having to wear the mask outside in St. Thomas and St. Kitts. 

Yes, we too hated having to wear mask in Antigua, St Maarteen and Barbados when outside.   We took down many times when out of crowded areas.

 Barbados goes nuts with spraying everyones hands everywhere you go.   Sprayed getting on bus from ship to terminal, then sprayed again, then sprayed getting onto bus to the beach resort, then sprayed going into the resort.   I couldnt wait to get into the water as whatever they sprayed with was sticky and smelly.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

In St. Maarten with Edge and Club Med 2. Those Edge class ships have an ugly stubby looking bow.

 

20220127_071717.thumb.jpg.0dd0494e0d6423e3251be89faf87048c.jpg

 

 

The Club Med 2 ship is beautiful when sails are up.   We first saw one in Aruba when we had an overnight stay.  We were dining at West Deck to watch the beautiful sunset.  Then the club med ship sailed into the sunset, was stunning.  I have to find my photos.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you Bob very much. After hearing you had my Sea Dog Old Fashioned it put me in the mood to have one. I don’t remember what you ended up using for the syrup, was it proof syrup?

 

I never did buy the Proof syrup.  I couldn't find it in my local stores and didn't want to pay the $50 online price with shipping.  I'd be paying more for the syrup than the bourbon.  Instead, I'm using simple syrup and Angostura Orange Bitters.  Still very tasty.  I think the Meletti liquor must be what really adds the special to your special old fashioned.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got the CC crud this morning.  Unfortunately, it's been happening more frequently so I just wait it out until I can post again.  

 

I received a very special email yesterday.  My oldest and dearest friend from 3rd grade dug up a very old video her husband took of their visit to us in May, 1980.  It lasted only 3 minutes but what a trip down memory lane!  I was actually wearing jeans with a top tucked into my waist  with a belt!  Jack looks fabulous but he always does. 😍

 

Of course we have tons of photos through the years but this came so unexpectedly and so welcomed.  

 

1980 The Way We Were:

1980.thumb.jpg.92fde17f81b69ae7ab3582b6c122ee95.jpg

19802.thumb.jpg.0e38a9f8c423002ce36f8c5fedb65d8d.jpg

The Way We Are Now or at least in 2018

image.png.a7e472bcf70c1dcf1788676248212ac6.png

 

 

So glad to hear @Ocean Boy@DaniDanielle@ReneeFLLare enjoying their cruises.  Nice to know those painkillers really work for OB!

 

Hope all those who have covid are recuperating with no after effects.

 

 

  • Like 24
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, we too hated having to wear mask in Antigua, St Maarteen and Barbados when outside.   We took down many times when out of crowded areas.

 Barbados goes nuts with spraying everyones hands everywhere you go.   Sprayed getting on bus from ship to terminal, then sprayed again, then sprayed getting onto bus to the beach resort, then sprayed going into the resort.   I couldnt wait to get into the water as whatever they sprayed with was sticky and smelly.

We were in St Maarten in July and December and didn’t need masks outdoors. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We were required to wear masks outdoors in Belize on our cruise last September. It was raining that day and the masks quickly became soggy and gross (and totally ineffective when wet!), but that didn't matter. Normally, wearing a mask isn't that big of a deal to me, but I didn't enjoy it at all that day. LOL.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Just read your updated post.  Bet the kids are loving this.

 

15 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Enjoy your snowstorm, Dani.  Your grandsons must be thrilled! 

 

Is your grandson back in school? Yes, he is 💕. Funny thing - the grandsons spent the night with us, and DH is "responsible" for providing b'fast... So is cutting a slice of challa [Challah is a special bread of Ashkenazi Jewish origin, usually braided and typically eaten on ceremonial occasions such as Shabbat] for the little one, and he says: "Saba [grandfather in Hebrew], I've had a "tubes" surgery and I'm not allowed to eat the 'hard' ... so, pls., cut the 'hard' part for me" 😁

 

So, along with half the population of Israel, our grandsons travelled to Jerusalem, to see snow for the first time in their lives. Snowman included [I've been told that the "regulations" require that carrot to be with the thin part outside.... OK... next time 🤪].

 

PHOTO-2022-01-27-15-32-19.thumb.jpg.9d465e45853c066650d16d0cf1d61f60.jpg

 

PHOTO-2022-01-27-15-45-30.thumb.jpg.2d70e88d24e93ee152cb9dfddd16b4f2.jpg

 

As u can c, the snow is already melting...

 

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I was actually wearing jeans with a top tucked into my waist  with a belt!  Jack looks fabulous but he always does. 😍

 

1980 The Way We Were:

 

The Way We Are Now or at least in 2018

 

How nice to go down the memory lane... So "now" the top is outside and Jack has glasses... You're together, healthy and looking forward to Bella's cruise.  הכי חשוב That's the good life 😘.

 

  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

 

I never did buy the Proof syrup.  I couldn't find it in my local stores and didn't want to pay the $50 online price with shipping.  I'd be paying more for the syrup than the bourbon.  Instead, I'm using simple syrup and Angostura Orange Bitters.  Still very tasty.  I think the Meletti liquor must be what really adds the special to your special old fashioned.

Look me up on Facebook and message me with your address. I will buy you bottle and mail it to you. Free,  it’s the least thing I can do to make up for last weekend.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, we too hated having to wear mask in Antigua, St Maarteen and Barbados when outside.   We took down many times when out of crowded areas.

 Barbados goes nuts with spraying everyones hands everywhere you go.   Sprayed getting on bus from ship to terminal, then sprayed again, then sprayed getting onto bus to the beach resort, then sprayed going into the resort.   I couldnt wait to get into the water as whatever they sprayed with was sticky and smelly.

The shops  at the port were doing that at St Kitts.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers for my family.  The Grandkids are already doing much better.  Shelby’s back is still sore. She gets moments of relief but then pain again.  Those that have dealt with kidney stones knows how it goes until it passes.  Thanks again Friends.

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I woke up to -8°F temperatures this morning, and no sign to be above freezing untIl Groundhog Day.   So I did what anyone who has been back in the snow for a week now would do (has it really only been a week?), I booked two more cruises.  
 

Now we are off to see about getting a minor master bath makeover.

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Luckynana said:

The Amazing Race starts in 24 minutes.  Just sayin...

 

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Might be OB on Sunday headed home. 😮

 
When I read this I started laughing.  I could see OB leaning toward the windshield driving through a blizzard and the Amazing Race theme song playing in the background. At the end of the day he is the first to finish and wins a cruise with a real nice chair on the balcony!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

 

Definitely not a job that I'd want.  I've always been impressed with the procedure that they use when changing lifeguards, with the incoming guard thoroughly looking at the pool and then the outgoing guard doing the same.  Doesn't take much to impress me.

There were times on Harmony when the pool was empty for some time and they still do the routine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

 

 

So, along with half the population of Israel, our grandsons travelled to Jerusalem, to see snow for the first time in their lives. Snowman included [I've been told that the "regulations" require that carrot to be with the thin part outside.... OK... next time 🤪].

 

PHOTO-2022-01-27-15-32-19.thumb.jpg.9d465e45853c066650d16d0cf1d61f60.jpg

 

PHOTO-2022-01-27-15-45-30.thumb.jpg.2d70e88d24e93ee152cb9dfddd16b4f2.jpg

 

As u can c, the snow is already melting...

 

 

How nice to go down the memory lane... So "now" the top is outside and Jack has glasses... You're together, healthy and looking forward to Bella's cruise.  הכי חשוב That's the good life 😘.

 

I saw them reporting the snow at the Wall last night on i24.  It is exciting to see kids enjoy their first snow.  I like seeing your grandkids with their little shovels!  Although not as rare here, we are lucky to get maybe 1 good snow day but when we do the kids love it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, George C said:

We were in St Maarten in July and December and didn’t need masks outdoors. 

St. Maarten was pretty lax about masks today. No one wearing them outside and plenty of shops didn't seem to care.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We were required to wear masks outdoors in Belize on our cruise last September. It was raining that day and the masks quickly became soggy and gross (and totally ineffective when wet!), but that didn't matter. Normally, wearing a mask isn't that big of a deal to me, but I didn't enjoy it at all that day. LOL.

Wet masks should work just fine and may work a little better

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I got the CC crud this morning.  Unfortunately, it's been happening more frequently so I just wait it out until I can post again.  

 

I received a very special email yesterday.  My oldest and dearest friend from 3rd grade dug up a very old video her husband took of their visit to us in May, 1980.  It lasted only 3 minutes but what a trip down memory lane!  I was actually wearing jeans with a top tucked into my waist  with a belt!  Jack looks fabulous but he always does. 😍

 

Of course we have tons of photos through the years but this came so unexpectedly and so welcomed.  

 

1980 The Way We Were:

1980.thumb.jpg.92fde17f81b69ae7ab3582b6c122ee95.jpg

19802.thumb.jpg.0e38a9f8c423002ce36f8c5fedb65d8d.jpg

The Way We Are Now or at least in 2018

image.png.a7e472bcf70c1dcf1788676248212ac6.png

 

 

So glad to hear @Ocean Boy@DaniDanielle@ReneeFLLare enjoying their cruises.  Nice to know those painkillers really work for OB!

 

Hope all those who have covid are recuperating with no after effects.

 

 

Nice photos Bonnie.

Graham.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • CC Help Michell changed the title to Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...