Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I don’t remember having problems uploading pics but I did have problems with video.  I had to turn off a (hate to say this) VPN security setting to help with bandwidth.  I believe that it had to do with an AT&T security app.  
I just found something for you to check.  Go to settings,  At the top you will see a search option.  Search for browser.  Click on App info, Internet.  About 3 options down you will see Permissions.  Click on that and you will see which apps are allowed and not allowed.  Related to pics mine shows Camera and Storage-Media.  Click on the Storage-Media.  Here you should see that you have chosen "Allow access to media only".  At the bottom click on "See all apps with this permission. Scroll down to "Gallery" and click.  Here you will see "Allow Access to media only" chosen.  Below that you can click to see all Gallery permissions.  
That I believe is what @Sea Dog was suggesting.  If all looks good with permission setting I might ask the ones that helped you with the VPN issues.  They are good and happy to help.  
Sorry for the late response.  I have been busy helping my daughters seed some flowers. 💐 

let me know if you figure it out.  If not I will look some more.

You guys are the best trying to help me figure this out.    I was just fiddling and still no luck so I think I will go see my "new best friend" the IT guy tomorrow.     He's cute, whenever he sees me he waves and winks.    

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

16 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am not familiar with this file type jfif.    Maybe this is my problem ??

.jfif is similar to .jpg.  I was able to download and view your duck picture in Windows.  I'd check the camera settings in your phone to see if they are somehow set to save in a different file format.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, George C said:

Only one I knew was John Lodge there bass player , mostly because he was on our cruise a couple of years ago. What I thought was interesting was the setup they had 5 microphones on stage and just took turns doing the leads for the songs . When I googled the band I didn’t even see Denny name , did show Justin and Lodge , would definitely recommend this concert.

I know all of the real ones, and most of the part time ones.  Huge fan.  Wore out on the Threshold of a Dream album, when I was about 11.  We saw Justin in concert just a few years ago in a really small venue.  He is still so very good.  John’s voice is a bit worn out sounding, but love the Moody Blues.  Denny Laine was in the Moodys before Justin and John joined the band.  He went on to be the main guy with Paul McCartney in Wings.  The sound from the Denny days compared to the Justin days are like two different bands.  

The golden age were the 7 albums from Days of Future past to Seventh Sojourn was always Justin, John, Mike Pindar, Ray Thomas, and Graeme Edge (Ray and Graeme are all deceased, Graeme recently.).

One of the most under rated bands of all time, and one of the best in concert.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

This picture is priceless. You should have them re-create it when they are all grown.

Thanks.  Great idea!  They love each other a lot.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see the opportunity arise later in life.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I know all of the real ones, and most of the part time ones.  Huge fan.  Wore out on the Threshold of a Dream album, when I was about 11.  We saw Justin in concert just a few years ago in a really small venue.  He is still so very good.  John’s voice is a bit worn out sounding, but love the Moody Blues.  Denny Laine was in the Moodys before Justin and John joined the band.  He went on to be the main guy with Paul McCartney in Wings.  The sound from the Denny days compared to the Justin days are like two different bands.  

The golden age were the 7 albums from Days of Future past to Seventh Sojourn was always Justin, John, Mike Pindar, Ray Thomas, and Graeme Edge (Ray and Graeme are all deceased, Graeme recently.).

One of the most under rated bands of all time, and one of the best in concert.  

I didn’t think they were that good live , only saw them once over 50 years ago at the Fillmore East which only lasted 4 years, they had some great bands there was normally 3 acts for less than 5 dollars, I am sure I still have the program someplace , saw Byrds , Allman brothers and Blood sweat and tears there . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It seems so quiet and calm in the house right now.  We have had 4 weeks of sharing the house with others.  Sharon’s mom visited for 3 weeks while they worked on the quilts.  Before she left 8 in-laws came to visit a few days. When they left 3 of the grandkids came to visit.  We had good times but it can wear you out. We have several birthdays to celebrate in March.  While the grandkids were here we had a birthday party for Caden and Aubrey.  A bunch of local kids and parents joined in.  

B27103BC-86C5-4A82-8CF9-E5D4468AAE07.thumb.jpeg.9b86d41bec2045ae25043a244ec26d96.jpeg

We took the older grandkids to our older DD home yesterday.  They are having their annual Cousins Camp.   The boys went hiking while they girls painted.

E97334E0-96AD-45AD-8307-A09B532BB627.thumb.jpeg.cc1768a31d176b0b0c609580bf5a3e46.jpeg

F897DFB3-9B37-4A26-9AB3-E5B25A782903.thumb.jpeg.df6ed636510f85365d87019f8cc4fe84.jpeg

CAED4E42-8522-4188-8FAB-8EAFA0DE3472.thumb.jpeg.3494d4c31ff147e5129f24734e2aac5d.jpeg

Last evening they went to Chuck E Cheese.

06265F1A-88D3-43F8-88C2-B3BFB137DE95.thumb.jpeg.3b8ec86f50292229b75e5c18671b0968.jpeg

Our youngest granddaughter is getting ready to graduate from law school. The other four are deep into their careers. 
I miss the fun we had with them and the vacations where we played Mexican Train half the night. 
All of you grandparents, I hope you get lots of hours with your grands, they grow up really fast!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am not familiar with this file type jfif.    Maybe this is my problem ??

Maybe try this.  Open the camera and click the gear in the upper left hand corner.  About halfway down the screen click on "picture formats".  See if “High efficiency pictures" is turned on.  If it is try turning it off, take a pic and try to post it.  Also, to save space, you might want to make sure the "Raw copies" option is off unless you are a pic freak like some of us and want to mess with them in Photoshop.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Our youngest granddaughter is getting ready to graduate from law school. The other four are deep into their careers. 
I miss the fun we had with them and the vacations where we played Mexican Train half the night. 
All of you grandparents, I hope you get lots of hours with your grands, they grow up really fast!

Grandkids are a great blessing.  Luckily 3 live about 15 minutes from us and the other 3 about 2 hours.  We are surely blessed that we get to visit often.  The newest one on the way will be about 5 minutes from us.  I already notice how quickly they are growing and thankful that the parents are putting a lot of effort in raising them to be good kids. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, George C said:

I didn’t think they were that good live , only saw them once over 50 years ago at the Fillmore East which only lasted 4 years, they had some great bands there was normally 3 acts for less than 5 dollars, I am sure I still have the program someplace , saw Byrds , Allman brothers and Blood sweat and tears there . 

Many years ago my cousin Don was a musician who toured with Blood Sweat and Tears.He left the group because he believed that they would never make it with that name.He started his own band and two years later was working in an A &P in Brooklyn.

Re the Fillmore East ,I went to many concerts there .Perhaps we were at some of the same concerts ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Grandkids are a great blessing.  Luckily 3 live about 15 minutes from us and the other 3 about 2 hours.  We are surely blessed that we get to visit often.  The newest one on the way will be about 5 minutes from us.  I already notice how quickly they are growing and thankful that the parents are putting a lot of effort in raising them to be good kids. 

My grandkids live 4 minutes from me.They are teenagers and on the days they do not see me they call or FaceTime .

• Like 7

2 hours ago, George C said:

Did you ever go to concerts at Max’s Kansas City ? That was located at 213 Park Avenue South.I worked at 215 Park Avenue South and went there many times.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Many years ago my cousin Don was a musician who toured with Blood Sweat and Tears.He left the group because he believed that they would never make it with that name.He started his own band and two years later was working in an A &P in Brooklyn.

Re the Fillmore East ,I went to many concerts there .Perhaps we were at some of the same concerts ?

Unfortunately I only went to a few concerts, I was in the army for a good portion of the time it was open.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

@BonTexasNY

Bonnie, how is your Jen's Jen coming along?

So far so good.  Thanks for asking!  Each day that passes is another one of optimism.

Just heard from my Jen.  Jen is extubated, is awake and responsive.  Yayyy!  So happy for every day's miracles.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

So far so good.  Thanks for asking!  Each day that passes is another one of optimism.

Just heard from my Jen.  Jen is extubated, is awake and responsive.  Yayyy!  So happy for every day's miracles.

I hope her new chance of a long happy life is a total success. 
Medicine and surgery have made huge strides just in our lifetimes. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The drink looks great. It’s been awhile since we cruised Mariner.  I wonder if it would be easier to find you on Mariner than it was for me to find you on Harmony. 😂 Have a great cruise Ellen.

Should be easier to find her. Mariner is a smaller ship. 😉

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You guys are the best trying to help me figure this out.    I was just fiddling and still no luck so I think I will go see my "new best friend" the IT guy tomorrow.     He's cute, whenever he sees me he waves and winks.    

I believe you have to stop at Best Buy  and hire someone from the "Geek Squad" to go on cruises with you. Always seem to be IT  challenged on your cruises.😉

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I believe you have to stop at Best Buy  and hire someone from the "Geek Squad" to go on cruises with you. Always seem to be IT  challenged on your cruises.😉

I know, we have too much techy stuff. 

Bulk of it I'm decent with and I'm sure it is a setting/permission issue and hope to find way to change format to a jpeg.  

We had another great day.   We all stayed onboard.   Chris and Donna went to Izumi for lunch as they were offered a great deal by head waiter in MDR.

We played shuffleboard, tried pickleball didn't really know what we were doing but had fun.   Hung at pool,  hot tubs and sun deck.   I finished reading book #1. Stuart Woods  Hush Hush

Donated to Library and started Patterson 20th Victim and Eric got some work done on computer. Tomorrow is Coco Cay.   

Not sure why but we left PC later than planned.

Tomorrow will be another great😃

I'm sorry if I'm missing Birthdays, Anniversaries or other important events.   I have been skimming through to stay caught up as best as possible. 

I Hope everyone is doing Great

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1