Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, sgmn said:

So beautiful and colourful. You must of had a lovely afternoon/evening. Was the weather kind?

We have had a very wet 7 days and then the weather gods smiled down on the organisers because it was a beautiful evening to be in the city by the harbour for their opening night.  No rain and no wind.  Winter is next week and you didn’t even need a jacket tonight.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Keksie said:

There are so many out there.  Which one do you have?

https://www.foodsaver.com/food-vacuum-sealers/countertop-vacuum-sealers/foodsaver-vs3182-multi-use-vacuum-sealing-food-preservation-system-stainless-steel-with-foodsaver-bags-rolls-and-bonus-items/SAP_2133260.html

I'm not sure if it's same model number as I have had mine for about 5 or 6 yrs.   Occasionally I use the hand held vacuum option.  I usually buy the rolls to refill the machine as it is nicer to make your own size bags.

• Like 1

After looking at the installations in Circular Quay area, next up was the Walsh Bay Light Walk to Barangaroo.  First up where these at Walsh Bay Wharf.  They were very popular for photos.36557D9F-7D5B-4D51-9809-4A7E5632C0BF.thumb.jpeg.30bc851f20a6aaaf3e7d4e361f8dbd3e.jpeg

Then there were a few smaller installations FA759792-71B3-4656-B24B-348B85D4D17A.thumb.jpeg.ee40e28e759186d5f7049aa8aab36704.jpeg

63F2C3CB-0F1B-4FC9-A870-0E29A87B2821.thumb.jpeg.b1517621b40b1c157ff4e3b2226680ae.jpeg

• Like 16

Then outside the Barangaroo restaurant precinct where the restaurants were doing a roaring trade (same as the Circular Quay restaurant precinct) there were the planet illuminations.2A9682E5-ACF5-4E8B-B2DE-6409714ED848.thumb.jpeg.a6e0438faf38f3fced90c54fb6af5865.jpeg

73C344CB-698A-451F-BF57-769B471B9639.thumb.jpeg.34c55266862ca0a80242d63c6b782825.jpeg

D5A151F3-A633-45BC-9C3F-7E5119DA6FC4.thumb.jpeg.354e8e5090303f2a44aaec1425707c4f.jpeg

Some of the restaurants between Circular Quay and the Opera House had signs for this weekend if the festival  - minimum 2 people.  Minimum spend $50.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 18

Then after 3hrs of walking, I met up with DH & DD to head home.  There is more to see but the highlights seen  tonight will do me for now. DH is seeing a show at the Opera House tomorrow night and I was originally going to join him but I think my feet need a rest & he plans to walk there and back via the Sydney Harbour Bridge which is a no from me.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 5

36 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

With the food saver you can store meats, fish, etc for up to 1 or 2 years instead of 3 to 6 months.  Food taste fresher, no freezer burn.   

I use for produce too.   I.e. if I buy celery and just need a couple stalks I will put the rest of the stalks in a vacuum sealed bag and stays fresh for a couple of weeks.

When my peach tree is ready for picking I end up with soo many peaches so I slice them and store in sealed bags.    

In the fall when I make a big pot of spaghetti sauce from my garden tomatoes I store sauces in vacuum sealed bags in the freezer then just grab a bag when needed.  

It came in really handy during the beginning of covid I stocked up on various meats and put in vacuumed sealed bags and was well prepared when food stores had hardly meats on their shelves.     

We definitely can taste the difference if we just put a pack of meat into freezer vs one that has been vacuumed sealed.

Once you have one you will find yourself using a lot more than you thought you would.

I’m sold! Thanks for the info Debbie.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

https://www.foodsaver.com/food-vacuum-sealers/countertop-vacuum-sealers/foodsaver-vs3182-multi-use-vacuum-sealing-food-preservation-system-stainless-steel-with-foodsaver-bags-rolls-and-bonus-items/SAP_2133260.html

I'm not sure if it's same model number as I have had mine for about 5 or 6 yrs.   Occasionally I use the hand held vacuum option.  I usually buy the rolls to refill the machine as it is nicer to make your own size bags.

Thank you.  I will be ordering one.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

The fridge is essentially a beer fridge during pool season.  

I hope you have a near by potty, so after consuming beer people do not use the pool as a watering spot.

Just saying

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Many thanks.  They taste amazing too. 🙂

They all get a quick coating of extra virgin olive oil.  Lisa and Owen get salt and pepper on both sides. Mine get Keg Spice (Steak House up here in Canada) and salt both sides.

Cooking time; 1.5 minutes then a half turn for another 1.5.  Then flip and follow the same procedure with a temp check during the final 1.5 minutes.

Medium rare, only way in this house. 

Thank you Andrew. I have to try that Keg Spice so I just ordered some. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Beautiful 

C19636D7-02C5-4A63-8175-7F56168A52A5.thumb.jpeg.96a5266b4e199a9efacdde443e038bd3.jpeg

Those projections look amazing and so beautiful. I would love to see those projectors and where they are positioned to project such a large image. They have to be extremely powerful.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

🎂

20 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Happy 5th graduation to your son, Bethany 🌷.

@Luckynana

And Maryann, Happy 15th Birthday to your grandson Jack 💐.

22 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Never stop bragging Marianne.Very happy birthday wishes to your grandson Jack.That was my fathers name.😀

Thank you, Lenny!  Jack's name is Jackson, named after a Yankee player, I believe??😁

22 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Happy Birthday Jack!

Thank you, Greg!

20 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jack🎂     He sounds like an amazing young man and worthy of lots of bragging🥰

Thank you so much, Debbie!

19 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Happy birthday to Jack!

Don’t you know that’s why we have grandkids?   So we can brag about them. 😀

So very true, Mark!😊  Thank you!

18 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Your grandson may have a future in YouTube!  10 years ago, I would have thought that was crazy. My daughter back then said she could make a nice living publishing videos on beauty tips and I thought she was nuts.  Today though, there are many, many YouTubers who earn 6 figures plus annually and some that are now multi-millionaires.   

Bob, Jack is hoping to some day get into producing.  He's looking into Colleges now, even though he's only a Freshman.

17 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Congratulations to your grandson. Sounds like a great boy worthy of such an award.  

Thanks Andrew!

16 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Happy Birthday to Jack 🎂.  You have every reason to brag!

Thank you Deb!

• Like 5

My turn now.  My TA just cancelled my Bermuda sailing for tomorrow.  Yes I have COVID.  Picked up from one of the 5000 BFF's on Harmony.  Got back Sunday May 15  woke up Wed with a sore throat, tested negative.  Thurs went to my healthcare place tested negative.  Friday self tested POSITIVE.  Tested yesterday for my cruise POSITIVE.  Have only a cough now a week later and feel a bit puny.  No fever

• Like 12

17 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Now that you mention it....... [I'm dying to taste it -- the top is "sable" dough, have to wait until tomorrow ☹️]

image.thumb.jpeg.74a27708c5176b6eacbf21d6810f3c5c.jpeg

16 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Andy took the cover off the pool this morning. Yuck.  It’s looking better this afternoon but still a long way to go. F1CC5A59-F40D-4958-A132-F56BF629ADF7.thumb.jpeg.24a7a8bc6276c0dc984002410bfc0525.jpeg

I love your backyard, Deb!  We're getting the cover off our pool the second week in June.  

16 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Looks like a bad day for cruise ships. 

Harmony in Falmouth Jamaica

Carnival Freedom Fire in Grand Turk

Good grief!  I hadn't seen the video of the Harmony mishap!

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

And we all know the saying things happen in 3's.     Here is number 3 of the day:

https://www.wtkr.com/news/coast-guard-looks-into-carnival-cruise-ship-passengers-feeling-sick-from-fumes

Holy mackeral!  I am very sensitive to odors....exhaust, especially.  How horrible for these passengers

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We had the pool installed in Sept 2020 and the pavers were done in April of 2021. Leaves from the trees aren’t too bad in the summer. We do get a ton of those brown stringy things in the spring which is why the cover just came off. It was heavily shocked yesterday, then a bunch of other stuff added, I think stabilizer is one, and finally the salt once it’s clear. 

Oh so it's salt pool , like my salt  hot tub. Stabilizer helps the shock do it's job. You should be swimming in no time. 🙂

• Like 2