Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Did anyone else have a message saying that postings are limited and must wait 7 seconds before submitting a post?    I had that msg twice this morning and had to wait around 10 to 12 seconds before I could hit submit reply.    

Happened to me a couple of times yesterday when it didn't look like my post had gone through and I get "submit reply" a second time. It tuned out that my initial submission did go through. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I need to try it with Goslings. I'm not used to the lighter color. The Kraken version is darker.

Here is another video of Charlie and Lizzy having one of their conversations.

The darker color is probably due to using more rum. 😁

The puppies are looking great.  I would still swear that they're arguing over you and saying "my daddy...no MY daddy".  And I love how the cat casually strolls through the background.  You can almost see the cat shaking her head and rolling her eyes.  Stupid dogs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@bobmacliberty  how did the trip to look at wedding venues go? Any decisions made? (Assuming you’re allowed “in the loop” lol)

Decision made.  My daughter found her "perfect" venue.  Date is set.  Step 1 done.

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

LOL! Doesn't them who pay have the final say?

Any say that I have is purely say that my wife and daughter have given me just to make me feel good.  I set the budget, but it already looks like we're going to be over budget.  So I guess I really have no say at all. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

The darker color is probably due to using more rum. 😁

The puppies are looking great.  I would still swear that they're arguing over you and saying "my daddy...no MY daddy".  And I love how the cat casually strolls through the background.  You can almost see the cat shaking her head and rolling her eyes.  Stupid dogs.

Lol You crack me up. I do apologize on how messy the house is. We dog toys all over the place.

15 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Lol You crack me up. I do apologize on how messy the house is. We dog toys all over the place.

After a week with my son’s German Shepherd, I’m thinking of doing housework when he leaves. In 6 months. Although he does like the vacuum cleaner, so I guess it’s something that we do together! On Monday his (and my) training classes start. He’s almost 100 lbs, so I really need him to heel properly.

After reading about vacuum sealers, I am going to buy one. Chris wanted one for some time, but I hate anything being on the counter. I can find cupboard space up high.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Any say that I have is purely say that my wife and daughter have given me just to make me feel good.  I set the budget, but it already looks like we're going to be over budget.  So I guess I really have no say at all. 

Sounds about right 😂

• Haha 3

More heavy rain here again off and on. The Garden is loving it. I did get time though to put up Tomato Cages and wire them up to the stakes.

Planted 1 row on each end of garden with sunflower seeds, sure hope they didn't all get washed down in a pile at the end of the row 😞

20220527_182211.jpg

20220527_182223.jpg

20220527_182304.jpg

20220527_182411.jpg

20220527_182423.jpg

20220527_182436.jpg

20220527_183146.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I set the budget, but it already looks like we're going to be over budget. 

You really need to account for those frequent change orders when you work on that budget. 

Just get ready for a lot of “yes, dear” , and start writing more checks.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

You really need to account for those frequent change orders when you work on that budget. 

Just get ready for a lot of “yes, dear” , and start writing more checks.  

We (meaning my daughters and I) like to say “budget shmudget”.  It’s really just a guideline. 

Oh, Bob @bobmacliberty, I feel like you have no idea what your in for!

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

29 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

More heavy rain here again off and on. The Garden is loving it. I did get time though to put up Tomato Cages and wire them up to the stakes.

Planted 1 row on each end of garden with sunflower seeds, sure hope they didn't all get washed down in a pile at the end of the row 😞

20220527_182211.jpg

20220527_182223.jpg

20220527_182304.jpg

20220527_182411.jpg

20220527_182423.jpg

20220527_182436.jpg

20220527_183146.jpg

We planted several sunflower seeds along our fence.    When we got home from the shore we were very happy to find they are about 18 to 20" tall.    they really had a big growth spur in the last week, everything did - including our lawn 

• Like 4

We’re having a small cookout Memorial Day. Just us, middle DD, SIL, 2 granddaughters, youngest DD and my aunt.  Youngest DD is dating someone new (seems the P.O.S. Is finally in the rear view mirror 🙏) but I don’t think they’re ready to “meet the family” yet.   
It’s supposed to be close to 90, so I’m thinking of trying out a new cocktail recipe. I have the ones shared here previously for Kracken Colada, Kracken Lava Flow and Dark & Stormy.  Looking for input on which I should choose for a very hot day.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am so happy we have boys😁

What I thought also.  We had a son and a daughter.  After paying for both their college educations, we didn’t get a break in cash outflow when daughter got married.  

Then I thought I was home free.  However, my son married a girl from China, and in their culture, the male’s family pays for the wedding.  So for us, we got to pay for two weddings.  

At least we had the wedding planning thing down to a science by then. 

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We planted several sunflower seeds along our fence.    When we got home from the shore we were very happy to find they are about 18 to 20" tall.    they really had a big growth spur in the last week, everything did - including our lawn 

Wow, that's super fast to be that tall all ready.

13 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

What I thought also.  We had a son and a daughter.  After paying for both their college educations, we didn’t get a break in cash outflow when daughter got married.  

Then I thought I was home free.  However, my son married a girl from China, and in their culture, the male’s family pays for the wedding.  So for us, we got to pay for two weddings.  

At least we had the wedding planning thing down to a science by then. 

What luck 🙂

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We’re having a small cookout Memorial Day. Just us, middle DD, SIL, 2 granddaughters, youngest DD and my aunt.  Youngest DD is dating someone new (seems the P.O.S. Is finally in the rear view mirror 🙏) but I don’t think they’re ready to “meet the family” yet.   
It’s supposed to be close to 90, so I’m thinking of trying out a new cocktail recipe. I have the ones shared here previously for Kracken Colada, Kracken Lava Flow and Dark & Stormy.  Looking for input on which I should choose for a very hot day.  

If doing frozen cocktail the Colada is always refreshing.    The problem is they are all good 😃

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Being a dad of 3 daughters I totally understand.   I found it less stressful to just sit back and let it go.  It takes just a few years to get the finances straight again.   It did help to have 5 years between each girl.

• Like 4

@Sea Dog your pups are adorable.  The chewing stage is definitely a challenge though….

We had a period where we couldn’t put sheets or towels on the washing line, shoes and books had to moved up high  , tissue boxes and the dog bed would become a sea of fluff and nibbles would be taken out of the sofa and wooden coffee table.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Yes.  Lots of gopher tortoises and sea turtles.  

The Beach Turtles – Amelia Island Living

Our daughter and son-in-law’s house construction couldn’t be started for months because of gopher tortoises. 
They had to wait for the official “searchers” to search the entire property for their burrows, then wait for the report. 
then wait for the tortoises themselves to be relocated. 
It’s important to do that, pain in the neck as it is, just as it’s important to not have lights shining  toward the ocean during egg laying  time for the sea turtles. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Potty training is a lot better but as you know children will always do things they are not suppose to. Now it's chewing on everything. They love to chew on our couch and ottoman. We redirect but it's a challenge. 

Thanks my friend. I hope you can get some relief for your knees too.

They do have their moments see video below.

I need to try it with Goslings. I'm not used to the lighter color. The Kraken version is darker.

Cheers mate!

Here is another video of Charlie and Lizzy having one of their conversations.

As always, the cat ignores them!

• Like 5

20 hours ago, molly361 said:

My turn now.  My TA just cancelled my Bermuda sailing for tomorrow.  Yes I have COVID.  Picked up from one of the 5000 BFF's on Harmony.  Got back Sunday May 15  woke up Wed with a sore throat, tested negative.  Thurs went to my healthcare place tested negative.  Friday self tested POSITIVE.  Tested yesterday for my cruise POSITIVE.  Have only a cough now a week later and feel a bit puny.  No fever

So sorry @molly361

Hopefully it's not too bad and now you've had this Omicron variant it will give you stronger immunity for your next cruise 

Stay strong 💪 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1