Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I jest about blowing out the wedding budget.  The reality is our two married daughters were very respectful of the amount of money we “discussed” early in their wedding planning. They made a list of things that were high priority to them - a unique venue, a live band and open bar topped the lists for both of them.  I insisted that the brides wedding outfit be outside the budget.
Our oldest wanted a tented reception & originally wanted it to be on the water in Newport RI.  There were none that met the tent requirement in Newport (thankfully LOL).  They ended up at Blithewold Mansion & Gardens in the lovely little seaside town of Bristol RI.  They had a permanently erected tent & cocktail hour was held on the patio of the mansion and the lawn overlooking the bay.  

6883FCB6-3C7A-4E04-93A1-342C0E1B0430.thumb.jpeg.6e7e7f5b7b40f3eabd4eab7f7c3c9df5.jpegC12EED6E-99CF-4C23-B36C-8A63AE30E0B8.thumb.jpeg.eaaa36360cadfa3517fdbfda4a76cd0f.jpeg

Our middle DD also wanted something near or on the water.  They chose the New Bedford Whaling Museum.  Cocktail hour was in the ship room and the top floor of the museum is the dining/reception area. 
385D5D65-B0E1-4A1B-B3B3-972309B90F17.thumb.jpeg.2480a8791103e88183d90a1589b4ff4c.jpeg

In the end, both went over the amounts we originally discussed, but they chose wisely and had the weddings of their dreams.  

Both venues are beautiful but that ship room.Wow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

The birthday boy [before being raised 5 times],

image.thumb.jpeg.ebf33f8603b45647f636d29ed48d965e.jpeg

and with his themed cake [my cheese cake was for the grown ups...]

Your grandson is so adorable, Dani!!!!  What is the significance of being raised 5 times?  I've seen where the Bride and Groom are lifted up on chairs during Jewish Weddings also.  I'm guessing the raising up has to do with wishing Good Luck...

9 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

The scary thing is that I think I DO have an idea what I'm in for, but I'm still probably wrong.

Congratulations on Micheline and your DD finding the Venue for your daughter's big day.  Let the fun begin, Bob!

• Thanks 1

All these wedding venues look gorgeous!     

today has been a long day.    We attended the funeral of my very good friends Father today.    I have known the family for almost 40 yrs.     He will be dearly missed by all.    

At first we thought we would just attend the viewing and funeral service at the church but Eric was asked to be a pallbearer so we went to the cemetary and everyone insisted we go to the lunch.   I am glad we did as I got to catch up with a lot of old friends that I grew up with and  haven't seen in many years.       We are exhausted and going to throw some burgers on the grill and relax on the patio as the weather here is simply beautiful.     Hopefully it stays that way for the rest of the weekend as we have yard work to do and want to vacuum and wash our cars tomorrow.    Eric also needs to put new brake pads on my convertible.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mrs. H. said:

So my nephew went and adopted a cat @ Best Friends and was free thanks to Bounty.
This is Kaapo Kaako.  Another girl, another Rangers name.  lol

May be an image of cat

I love the markings on her face.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We bought half a cow from a local farm here and had Liver last night for the first time.......My Wife loves it, but it was kind of iffy for me...........it was much more tender then I thought it would be. I thought it would be tough like shoe leather but it wasn't. Doctored it up with onions and bacon, but still not sure it's for me. Told my Wife she is going to have a lot of liver to eat then. LOL

I grew up eating liver w/onions and bacon.  I always loved it..I even once ordered it in a restaurant;  and yet, I haven't eaten it in many many years, and no longer have a desire to eat it any more.🤔

8 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

My daughter tells me she wants to be married by Elvis in Vegas…think I should encourage her given your experience.

You may want to encourage her to do just that! 😁

8 hours ago, Arzeena said:

LOL I always wonder why the other spouse's mother is the evil queen in all stories posted here! 😁 They could be saying the same about the other party. 🤣

I'm sure we all have stories....whether it has to do with our own in-laws, or our children's in-laws, etc.  

8 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Gorgeous photos Sue.

Yes, @sgmYour son and daughter-in-law are a beautiful couple!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Both look like they were absolutely beautiful weddings.  Being in Cincinnati, unfortunately there's not much "on the water".  My daughter is like your eldest in that she wants an outdoor ceremony and tented reception.  She ended up choosing the Pinecroft at Crosley Estate.  We'll have the gorgeous estate and gardens all to ourselves on the wedding day.  The entire upper floor of the mansion is for the bride and her bridesmaids/mothers, while the basement is for the groom/groomsmen/fathers.  Assuming that the weather cooperates, the cermony will be outdoors in the garden, cocktails will be in the mansion itself, and the reception will be in the permanent tent/pavilion that holds up to 325 people seated.  I'm hoping we end up more in the 200 range, as the current guest list is a little above that already.

Overview of Pinecroft Mansion, the Former Crosley Estate – Cincinnati  Preservation Association

M + M || Pinecroft Mansion, CINCINATTI WEDDING | MollyMcPhoto Blog

What a beautiful setting. It will surely be an amazing day. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I was just thinking about what I was going to eat for lunch and look what Sharon just surprised me with!  Our local Kroger store traditionally pulls out their pit smoker each major holiday and smokes ribs.

20220528_111054.thumb.jpg.579c2b20e815dbda264aad48247cc565.jpg

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We are thinking about taking the puppies to obedience training.

Yes they have already decided they want the toilet paper rolls. We have to keep the bathroom doors closed. Always a challenge.

Thanks. They do like to test us. Walking is going good except now my other knee hurts and can't keep up.

Our daughter had a trainer come to the house to train Kelly years ago.  She is such a great dog!  Kelly's sister Jesse lives next door at my daughter's in-laws home, and she is not trained.  Big difference in these siblings that live in different homes!!

Our daughter also keeps the bathroom doors closed;  well, because of their Pug, Frankie, who is 2 years old and is spoiled....but in a good way!😉

I'm so glad that you're doing so well with your knee replacement, Greg!

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

There's probably an announcement happening on the ship right now, telling you to go to your muster station or the ship will not be able to leave. 🤪

Can you imagine???😁

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We just got a call from our youngest daughter to tell us that she tested positive for Covid.

I hope she's feeling okay.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am also sorry to hear you Daughter tested positive.   Hopefully her symptoms remain mild and noone else in the family catches it.

Her family is only her husband and their dog.She is at their summer home in upstate NY.Her husband went home to Manhattan because he has many medical problems and if he gets Covid there could be a problem.

We last saw her 9 days ago but Toby took a Covid test a short while ago and it was negative.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I was just thinking about what I was going to eat for lunch and look what Sharon just surprised me with!  Our local Kroger store traditionally pulls out their pit smoker each major holiday and smokes ribs.

20220528_111054.thumb.jpg.579c2b20e815dbda264aad48247cc565.jpg

NICE!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I jest about blowing out the wedding budget.  The reality is our two married daughters were very respectful of the amount of money we “discussed” early in their wedding planning. They made a list of things that were high priority to them - a unique venue, a live band and open bar topped the lists for both of them.  I insisted that the brides wedding outfit be outside the budget.
Our oldest wanted a tented reception & originally wanted it to be on the water in Newport RI.  There were none that met the tent requirement in Newport (thankfully LOL).  They ended up at Blithewold Mansion & Gardens in the lovely little seaside town of Bristol RI.  They had a permanently erected tent & cocktail hour was held on the patio of the mansion and the lawn overlooking the bay.  

6883FCB6-3C7A-4E04-93A1-342C0E1B0430.thumb.jpeg.6e7e7f5b7b40f3eabd4eab7f7c3c9df5.jpegC12EED6E-99CF-4C23-B36C-8A63AE30E0B8.thumb.jpeg.eaaa36360cadfa3517fdbfda4a76cd0f.jpeg

Our middle DD also wanted something near or on the water.  They chose the New Bedford Whaling Museum.  Cocktail hour was in the ship room and the top floor of the museum is the dining/reception area. 
385D5D65-B0E1-4A1B-B3B3-972309B90F17.thumb.jpeg.2480a8791103e88183d90a1589b4ff4c.jpeg

In the end, both went over the amounts we originally discussed, but they chose wisely and had the weddings of their dreams.  

Both beautiful venues, Deb!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

Our daughter had a trainer come to the house to train Kelly years ago.  She is such a great dog!  Kelly's sister Jesse lives next door at my daughter's in-laws home, and she is not trained.  Big difference in these siblings that live in different homes!!

Our daughter also keeps the bathroom doors closed;  well, because of their Pug, Frankie, who is 2 years old and is spoiled....but in a good way!😉

I'm so glad that you're doing so well with your knee replacement, Greg!

Can you imagine???😁

I hope she's feeling okay.

Thanks.She said she has been coughing all day.

42 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

today has been a long day.    We attended the funeral of my very good friends Father today.    I have known the family for almost 40 yrs.     He will be dearly missed by all.    

At first we thought we would just attend the viewing and funeral service at the church but Eric was asked to be a pallbearer so we went to the cemetary and everyone insisted we go to the lunch.   I am glad we did as I got to catch up with a lot of old friends that I grew up with and  haven't seen in many years.       We are exhausted and going to throw some burgers on the grill and relax on the patio as the weather here is simply beautiful.     Hopefully it stays that way for the rest of the weekend as we have yard work to do and want to vacuum and wash our cars tomorrow.    Eric also needs to put new brake pads on my convertible.

As unfortunate and sad as it is to attend a funeral of one's friend or family, etc.  the one good thing is how it brings everyone together who will otherwise not have possibly gotten together.  I am sorry about your friend's Dad, Debbie.  May he Rest in Peace.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

God has gained another Angel.  Baby Genevieve passed away last night.  Thank you all for your beautiful thoughts and prayers.  She is now at peace.  My cousin posted a picture of baby Ginny without any of the tubes that have been attached to this poor baby since birth 7 months ago.  My heart is broken for them all.  Thank you again.❤️

• Like 23

My initial choice for our wedding reception was Curzon Hall.  Beautiful venue.  But because mum was paying, she talked me into having the wedding reception on Sydney Harbour for the English relatives.  It was a good decision.

We had the ceremony at a lovely church in Manly, then drove around in vintage white jaguars to Taronga Zoo Wharf and boarded a private charter vessel for our wedding reception.  We had a beautiful day.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

God has gained another Angel.  Baby Genevieve passed away last night.  Thank you all for your beautiful thoughts and prayers.  She is now at peace.  My cousin posted a picture of baby Ginny without any of the tubes that have been attached to this poor baby since birth 7 months ago.  My heart is broken for them all.  Thank you again.❤️

So sorry to hear this sad news.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Please accept my condolences.  My heart breaks for the parents.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I'm so sorry for your loss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1