Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, molly361 said:

My turn now.  My TA just cancelled my Bermuda sailing for tomorrow.  Yes I have COVID.  Picked up from one of the 5000 BFF's on Harmony.  Got back Sunday May 15  woke up Wed with a sore throat, tested negative.  Thurs went to my healthcare place tested negative.  Friday self tested POSITIVE.  Tested yesterday for my cruise POSITIVE.  Have only a cough now a week later and feel a bit puny.  No fever

Oh no.

I'm sorry to hear you have been unwell and had to cancel your cruise because of a positive covid test.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@Sunshine3601Hey Debbie..have you ever gone to the Terrace Tavern in LBI?  My girlfriend's son Sean is working there, starting today, as Bartender.  

posting again (other one disappeared).

Yes, it is a easy walk or bike ride from our house so we go there a lot for their $5 Happy Hour.   I usually get their $5 Margaritas and a couple $5 appetizers and make a meal out of it.    

It has a great vibe.   He should enjoy working there.       

Please remind me when I am back at the shore in June and I will ask for Sean🤩

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm sorry to hear this Ellen. I hope you feel better. Hopefully a rescheduled cruise will be soon.

Thanks. I think the technology of projection onto buildings is fascinating.

Thanks Andrew good advice. I use Jane's Krazy Mixed up salt on steaks and its great too.

https://www.janeskrazy.com/

That Letterkenny video is hilarious. I love their stuff.

Good question. I think in the long run my quality of life will be greatly improved. Right now I'm still in recovery stage because I still have some pain, swelling and numbness. It will get better with time. IN a couple of weeks I will be 4 months out. I hear 6-8 months people report great progress. I will say that going on my hour long walks my new knee does so much better than my other knee. I used to only walk about 20 minutes and both my knees would be killing me.

And now time for some puppy pics.

Lizzy.thumb.jpg.35e1bb0f0951ed1ea2857b01350fb228.jpg

Sleeping.thumb.jpg.3657d114660e6c588919c7ffcc7523cd.jpg

1175478765_LindaLizzy.thumb.jpg.0c81b4dac9e3f2003e593ed9be7bbd70.jpg

Great photos Greg.

I'm sorry to hear you still have knee pain but it is encouraging you can walk for 1 hour.

Graham.

32 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Good to know!  Thank you, Lenny.  I just added that to the list for Jack.

I have 8 great nieces/great nephews.Six are in college or will be in September + one granddaughter who will be in college in Sept.

The other 2 are 14 and 16 and are already checking out colleges.

• Like 1

I said earlier that the weather was calling for rain here today.  That turned out to be true.  It was a little dark and stormy outside so...

IMG_8791.thumb.jpg.6bf15eec53a93f43850d9d0173980607.jpg

Cheers everyone!  Happy Memorial Day weekend to those in the US, and especially to those who have lost loved ones while serving. 

For those interested (Greg), the above drink is made with Goslings, not Kraken.  I decided to stay true to the DnS name.  Also, the sun is out again and I think the rain is gone, so I might need to have a second drink to celebrate. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I said earlier that the weather was calling for rain here today.  That turned out to be true.  It was a little dark and stormy outside so...

Cheers everyone!  Happy Memorial Day weekend to those in the US, and especially to those who have lost loved ones while serving. 

For those interested (Greg), the above drink is made with Goslings, not Kraken.  I decided to stay true to the DnS name.  Also, the sun is out again and I think the rain is gone, so I might need to have a second drink to celebrate. 

27 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

It is cloudy here so I will force down a martini!🍸

You guys are starting early (and we’re in the same time zone!).  I better get moving 😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love how Charlie is using a pillow on top of Lizzie. 

They are so adorable.     I hope potty training has improved.

Potty training is a lot better but as you know children will always do things they are not suppose to. Now it's chewing on everything. They love to chew on our couch and ottoman. We redirect but it's a challenge. 

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Great photos Greg.

I'm sorry to hear you still have knee pain but it is encouraging you can walk for 1 hour.

Graham.

Thanks my friend. I hope you can get some relief for your knees too.

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Best puppies ever.  So sweet and cuddly.

They do have their moments see video below.

45 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I need to try it with Goslings. I'm not used to the lighter color. The Kraken version is darker.

39 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

It is cloudy here so I will force down a martini!🍸

Cheers mate!

Here is another video of Charlie and Lizzy having one of their conversations.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@DaniDanielle Marietta you & you family remain in my thoughts. How’s everyone doing?

We are doing okay.  The people that have helped my daughter get through this have been amazing.

The school she teaches at have donated so much it is overwhelming.  Unfortunately, it doesn’t bring her husband back😢. She and the kids will be okay eventually,  life goes on whether we want it to or not.

• Like 19

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We had lunch out today.

Pauline had a vegetarian mixed grill and I had a meat lovers mixed grill.

IMG_20220527_123123.jpg

IMG_20220527_123136.jpg

No offense to Pauline at all....but I like your taste so much better 😋 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, molly361 said:

My turn now.  My TA just cancelled my Bermuda sailing for tomorrow.  Yes I have COVID.  Picked up from one of the 5000 BFF's on Harmony.  Got back Sunday May 15  woke up Wed with a sore throat, tested negative.  Thurs went to my healthcare place tested negative.  Friday self tested POSITIVE.  Tested yesterday for my cruise POSITIVE.  Have only a cough now a week later and feel a bit puny.  No fever

Welcome to the Kovid Klub. 

No specialty lounge, free apps nor drink vouchers.  It's really not all that exclusive.

In all seriousness, sorry that your cruise got canceled.  Your 5000 BFFs suck. Get new ones. 😇😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

6 hours ago, molly361 said:

Sorry about that.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

You have clever grandsons.  My second and third picks for boy’s name were Jack and Ryan.

... as in Jack Ryan, the character Alec Baldwin played in The Hunt For Red October?😉

• Like 4