Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

F0056E47-8809-48FD-822C-65E25F403532.thumb.jpeg.0cdf60df9c02ac3c25c01da02fe374b8.jpegBeautiful evening in Sydney for Vivid - arts, ideas & music festival.  First time it’s been held in 2 years so plenty of people out and about for it.E7F09EE4-6401-4B8B-8864-1F6C50138F0B.thumb.jpeg.971b95fdae85d1850453965a4266242a.jpeg

7CFBE836-5BDB-4E97-B73E-35EFCDC47050.thumb.jpeg.064969af77e0ed1d9c1480fb3e5012ea.jpeg

C19636D7-02C5-4A63-8175-7F56168A52A5.thumb.jpeg.96a5266b4e199a9efacdde443e038bd3.jpeg

Whoa! Incredible that there’s technology that can create such images!

The human brain is remarkable. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

That event looks very impressive and you took some great pictures.  Is it an annual event?  If so, I might try to schedule our eventual trip to Sydney around that event.  

Yes, it’s annual usually April/May.  Lots of people travel from interstate for it and no doubt from overseas too.  Apart from the  lights, there are also talks & performances.  This year it’s on from 27 May - 18 June.

april/May is a good time to visit Uluru & FNQ too.  

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

My turn now.  My TA just cancelled my Bermuda sailing for tomorrow.  Yes I have COVID.  Picked up from one of the 5000 BFF's on Harmony.  Got back Sunday May 15  woke up Wed with a sore throat, tested negative.  Thurs went to my healthcare place tested negative.  Friday self tested POSITIVE.  Tested yesterday for my cruise POSITIVE.  Have only a cough now a week later and feel a bit puny.  No fever

Sorry to hear this, Ellen.  Feel better.  🌹

39 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Awhile back I saw someone designing lights like this for the house and considered trying to make one.  Another idea that faded away. Forgot all about them.

Crazy how that happens!  Life sometimes just gets in the way!😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Sure wish I had some ribeye right now.  Looks wonderful, Andrew!

Oh, all right.   Jack's brother Ryan will be 13 on Sunday.  He's our super smart mathematician, and then some!😉

Thank you so much, aussie!  We are Blessed.  Having grandchildren is so rewarding, and all 7 make us so very proud.

Wow.  I think I might have been terrified if I came face to face with a Wallaby.

You have clever grandsons.  My second and third picks for boy’s name were Jack and Ryan.

Wallabys are smaller than Kangaroos and not known to be aggressive so unexpectedly meeting one was lovely.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

He sounds like a great kid who has his head on straight.  Friends of ours have a son who went to SCAD and is now doing special effects work in Montreal, which apparently is one of the handful of cities around the world where special effects companies have gathered.  He is loving being young, single, in Montreal, and doing work that he loves with several of his friends from SCAD.  He did the clouds in the upcoming Jordan Peele movie titled Nope.  The clouds supposedly to play a big role in the movie.  I'm looking forward to seeing his name buried somewhere deep in the credits.  I'm not sure if SCAD is a good choice for producing, but it has a great reputation.  And Savannah is a great city to visit your kid while in college.

Thank you, Bob.  He really does have his head on straight.  What does the AD stand for in the South Carolina College?  I'll have to tell Jack about it. He was talking about some College in Florida.   I love Savannah!  How wonderful that your friend's son is so successful in a field that he loves.

8 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

You have clever grandsons.  My second and third picks for boy’s name were Jack and Ryan.

Wallabys are smaller than Kangaroos and not known to be aggressive so unexpectedly meeting one was lovely.

Thank you, aussie!  I think I misread your post and thought the Wallaby's were aggressive..lol!

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

My turn now.  My TA just cancelled my Bermuda sailing for tomorrow.  Yes I have COVID.  Picked up from one of the 5000 BFF's on Harmony.  Got back Sunday May 15  woke up Wed with a sore throat, tested negative.  Thurs went to my healthcare place tested negative.  Friday self tested POSITIVE.  Tested yesterday for my cruise POSITIVE.  Have only a cough now a week later and feel a bit puny.  No fever

Happy to hear you are feeling better but sorry to hear your sailing to Bermuda had to be canceled.     Hopefully you can rebook same sailing for another date this summer.     Bermuda is one of our favorite islands.    

Edit:   Please Let us know how you do with the Bermuda TA and transferring to a future date or disputing with cc.      

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Posted 3 times, we get your point. 🤣 Dreaded Cruise Critic posting issues.

Did anyone else have a message saying that postings are limited and must wait 7 seconds before submitting a post?    I had that msg twice this morning and had to wait around 10 to 12 seconds before I could hit submit reply.    

36 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Bob.  He really does have his head on straight.  What does the AD stand for in the South Carolina College?  I'll have to tell Jack about it. He was talking about some College in Florida.   I love Savannah!  How wonderful that your friend's son is so successful in a field that he loves.

Oops.  Sorry for the abbreviation without spelling it out.  SCAD is the Savannah College of Art and Design.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Did anyone else have a message saying that postings are limited and must wait 7 seconds before submitting a post?    I had that msg twice this morning and had to wait around 10 to 12 seconds before I could hit submit reply.    

I have had that happen before.   I believe it's to help prevent double post but it doesn't always do it.  That is when it pops up on me.  I try to post something, it doesn't look like it went, I hit submit again and that message pops up.  Give it a few hours and something else will go weird on CC.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Did anyone else have a message saying that postings are limited and must wait 7 seconds before submitting a post?

Yes, that is the default of the forum - keep some bots from spamming the site. It also sometimes saves you from double posting when not sure if the Submit button worked when you clicked it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you Andrew. I have to try that Keg Spice so I just ordered some. 

Give the container a good shake every time you use it to mix the spices. I put on a liberal amount but Lisa finds salt an pepper to be enough. I don’t start adding the salt until the container is at the half way point. For some reason it disappears from the bottle. Season how you like it.

Reminds me of a skit from Letterkenny. Can’t post the direct link for the language used, but if you aren’t timid click away. 

https://youtu.be/kI9_wnlOx0Q

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

Just now, Biker19 said:

Yes, that is the default of the forum - keep some bots from spamming the site. It also sometimes saves you from double posting when not sure if the Submit button worked when you clicked it.

Odd that this morning was the first time I have ever received that msg.   

Took our regular beach walk today.  The beach was somewhat empty.  Could be due to predictions of rain later today, or maybe this is just the calm before the Memorial Day weekend storm.

APC_2817.thumb.JPG.614156afaf71e91bd1685d54dc41890a.JPG

Although there weren't many people out, we saw a lot of turtles out and about.  Much more than we normally see.

APC_2820.thumb.JPG.e0052ba090440171c9d12d0952fa773f.JPG

APC_2821.thumb.JPG.a460d7f853fdd65dfbb613242d2dc61d.JPG

And some horses also headed for a walk on the beach.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Took our regular beach walk today.  The beach was somewhat empty.  Could be due to predictions of rain later today, or maybe this is just the calm before the Memorial Day weekend storm.

APC_2817.thumb.JPG.614156afaf71e91bd1685d54dc41890a.JPG

Although there weren't many people out, we saw a lot of turtles out and about.  Much more than we normally see.

APC_2820.thumb.JPG.e0052ba090440171c9d12d0952fa773f.JPG

APC_2821.thumb.JPG.a460d7f853fdd65dfbb613242d2dc61d.JPG

And some horses also headed for a walk on the beach.

That is a Gopher Tortoise.  Awesome!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy to hear you are feeling better but sorry to hear your sailing to Bermuda had to be canceled.   Hopefully you can rebook same sailing for another date this summer.     

@molly361

Same here, Ellen. Hope you'll make a full recovery. So many cruises out there waiting for you 😘

@A&L_Ont

Your steaks are mouth watering... I remember you've stocked on "Omaha steaks". Are those the ones?

@Sea Dog

Greg, how would you "rate" your knee op in terms of improvement of your quality of life?

And, we miss some pictures of your lovely pups 😘

@Sunshine3601

Debbie, I've posted a reply to Judy @NHProud Wednesday, and it was "approved" today... now buried many many pages "ago"....

@Luckynana

Usually, the base of cheese cakes is some crushed cookies or biscuits + melted butter. The "sable" base is much more "sophisticated", and, in hindsight, not really worth the extra work and bother...

Nevertheless, the cake was simply amazing -- very fluffy, which is a first for a cheese cake. Glad that I cut on the amount of sugar suggested. Well, let me brag that I've turned into an experienced baker 😉

Sable dough is a versatile pastry staple. Shorter (crumbly) and richer than regular pie crust (thanks, eggs), sable makes a sturdy and tasty shell for tarts and also makes excellent shortbread-type cookies.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

Sorry to hear you’ve tested positive and will miss your cruise.  Feel better soon. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@Luckynana

Usually, the base of cheese cakes is some crushed cookies or biscuits + melted butter. The "sable" base is much more "sophisticated", and, in hindsight, not really worth the extra work and bother...

Nevertheless, the cake was simply amazing -- very fluffy, which is a first for a cheese cake. Glad that I cut on the amount of sugar suggested. Well, let me brag that I've turned into an experienced baker 😉

Sable dough is a versatile pastry staple. Shorter (crumbly) and richer than regular pie crust (thanks, eggs), sable makes a sturdy and tasty shell for tarts and also makes excellent shortbread-type cookies.

Thank you for taking the time to explain this whole process.  It sounds very decadent!!  And brag you should!  I've always been more of a cook than a baker.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

I'm sorry to hear this Ellen. I hope you feel better. Hopefully a rescheduled cruise will be soon.

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Can’t get up close to the OH atm and the only article I can find re the projections is 2013 so way out of date.  When there are future projections, I will see if I can get close enough for photos of the equipment.

Thanks. I think the technology of projection onto buildings is fascinating.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Give the container a good shake every time you use it to mix the spices. I put on a liberal amount but Lisa finds salt an pepper to be enough. I don’t start adding the salt until the container is at the half way point. For some reason it disappears from the bottle. Season how you like it.

Reminds me of a skit from Letterkenny. Can’t post the direct link for the language used, but if you aren’t timid click away. 

https://youtu.be/kI9_wnlOx0Q

Thanks Andrew good advice. I use Jane's Krazy Mixed up salt on steaks and its great too.

https://www.janeskrazy.com/

That Letterkenny video is hilarious. I love their stuff.

38 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@Sea Dog

Greg, how would you "rate" your knee op in terms of improvement of your quality of life?

And, we miss some pictures of your lovely pups 😘

Good question. I think in the long run my quality of life will be greatly improved. Right now I'm still in recovery stage because I still have some pain, swelling and numbness. It will get better with time. IN a couple of weeks I will be 4 months out. I hear 6-8 months people report great progress. I will say that going on my hour long walks my new knee does so much better than my other knee. I used to only walk about 20 minutes and both my knees would be killing me.

And now time for some puppy pics.

Lizzy.thumb.jpg.35e1bb0f0951ed1ea2857b01350fb228.jpg

Sleeping.thumb.jpg.3657d114660e6c588919c7ffcc7523cd.jpg

1175478765_LindaLizzy.thumb.jpg.0c81b4dac9e3f2003e593ed9be7bbd70.jpg

• Like 25

24 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm sorry to hear this Ellen. I hope you feel better. Hopefully a rescheduled cruise will be soon.

Thanks. I think the technology of projection onto buildings is fascinating.

Thanks Andrew good advice. I use Jane's Krazy Mixed up salt on steaks and its great too.

https://www.janeskrazy.com/

That Letterkenny video is hilarious. I love their stuff.

Good question. I think in the long run my quality of life will be greatly improved. Right now I'm still in recovery stage because I still have some pain, swelling and numbness. It will get better with time. IN a couple of weeks I will be 4 months out. I hear 6-8 months people report great progress. I will say that going on my hour long walks my new knee does so much better than my other knee. I used to only walk about 20 minutes and both my knees would be killing me.

And now time for some puppy pics.

Lizzy.thumb.jpg.35e1bb0f0951ed1ea2857b01350fb228.jpg

Sleeping.thumb.jpg.3657d114660e6c588919c7ffcc7523cd.jpg

1175478765_LindaLizzy.thumb.jpg.0c81b4dac9e3f2003e593ed9be7bbd70.jpg

Best puppies ever.  So sweet and cuddly.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

One of my great nieces is a student at Shenandoah University in Virginia .

Students go there to study acting as well as behind the scenes production .

Good to know!  Thank you, Lenny.  I just added that to the list for Jack.