Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I also really like the idea of promotion and relegation in many of the soccer leagues.  If you do poorly in the top league of your country, you may get demoted (relegated) to a lower league, and the winner of the lower league may get promoted to take your place in the top league.  It gives the lower leagues something to play for (promotion) and makes matches between last place teams in the upper league more exciting (trying to avoid relegation).

Great explanation 👌 

Our local team (Reading) is always being promoted or relegated 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I jest about blowing out the wedding budget.  The reality is our two married daughters were very respectful of the amount of money we “discussed” early in their wedding planning. They made a list of things that were high priority to them - a unique venue, a live band and open bar topped the lists for both of them.  I insisted that the brides wedding outfit be outside the budget.
Our oldest wanted a tented reception & originally wanted it to be on the water in Newport RI.  There were none that met the tent requirement in Newport (thankfully LOL).  They ended up at Blithewold Mansion & Gardens in the lovely little seaside town of Bristol RI.  They had a permanently erected tent & cocktail hour was held on the patio of the mansion and the lawn overlooking the bay.  

6883FCB6-3C7A-4E04-93A1-342C0E1B0430.thumb.jpeg.6e7e7f5b7b40f3eabd4eab7f7c3c9df5.jpegC12EED6E-99CF-4C23-B36C-8A63AE30E0B8.thumb.jpeg.eaaa36360cadfa3517fdbfda4a76cd0f.jpeg

Our middle DD also wanted something near or on the water.  They chose the New Bedford Whaling Museum.  Cocktail hour was in the ship room and the top floor of the museum is the dining/reception area. 
385D5D65-B0E1-4A1B-B3B3-972309B90F17.thumb.jpeg.2480a8791103e88183d90a1589b4ff4c.jpeg

In the end, both went over the amounts we originally discussed, but they chose wisely and had the weddings of their dreams.  

Beautiful venues, special days to remember always ❤ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Luckynana said:

God has gained another Angel.  Baby Genevieve passed away last night.  Thank you all for your beautiful thoughts and prayers.  She is now at peace.  My cousin posted a picture of baby Ginny without any of the tubes that have been attached to this poor baby since birth 7 months ago.  My heart is broken for them all.  Thank you again.❤️

I'm so sorry, unbelievable awful when a little one passes away, prayers to all the family 💔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

God has gained another Angel.  Baby Genevieve passed away last night.  Thank you all for your beautiful thoughts and prayers.  She is now at peace.  My cousin posted a picture of baby Ginny without any of the tubes that have been attached to this poor baby since birth 7 months ago.  My heart is broken for them all.  Thank you again.❤️

I’m so sorry to read this. How very sad for the family. As you said, she’s now at peace.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lisa and I were out for date last night and we took one of the summer cars. We went to the finest grocery store called Loblaws, and Walmart too.  To top it off, we were home by 8pm. 😂

386A0083-E86D-49A2-8EEA-D8EE05567700.thumb.jpeg.a2453b486ec9ef7c4161ce1b6df08f3d.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I am so sorry to hear of baby Genevieve's passing Maryann.

Please pass on our sincere condolences to all the family.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Great explanation 👌 

I will follow them now Sue.

As a lifelong fan of Sunderland it was a huge relief that we won the league 1 playoff and got promoted back to the championship.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa and I were out for date last night and we took one of the summer cars. We went to the finest grocery store called Loblaws, and Walmart too.  To top it off, we were home by 8pm. 😂

386A0083-E86D-49A2-8EEA-D8EE05567700.thumb.jpeg.a2453b486ec9ef7c4161ce1b6df08f3d.jpeg

You kids need to slow down. You're burning the candle at both ends. 😄

Interesting tachometer on the Mustang. 

Every since my stepdaughter moved back home, I barely see my summer car (which is really my all year car), except to wash it. 

20200515_163221~2.jpg

• Like 11

12 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I am so sorry for the family.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

When I first glanced at that speedometer, I thought maybe you were listening to Sammy Hagar.  

Obviously, that song was not made for the Canadian market with k/hr, but with the conversion it still works. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Great explanation 👌 

I could have predicted the score, what a thriller, the score was 1-0 Madrid winning, they had only 2 shots on goal for the WHOLE game.

Losing team Liver Pool had 9 shots on goal. What an exciting game. A real offensive display.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

That's kilometers(103) right? about 64 mph?  what's the 7, a tachometer?

Edited by Jimbo

13 hours ago, Luckynana said:

all my love in thoughts and prayers

My Condolences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

When I first glanced at that speedometer, I thought maybe you were listening to Sammy Hagar.  

Obviously, that song was not made for the Canadian market with k/hr, but with the conversion it still works. 

64 mph at what 700 rpm is neat. My GT runs about 1500 to do that,

Edited by mo&fran

So yesterday having no major plans except mass at 4:30pm. we decided to finish organizing the garages and getting ready for the dumpster to remove what we thought we would save, that we really do not need.

We were on a roll and worked late into the evening, and are going to Mass this morning.

So, when I was sweeping the new "man Cave" I took a look at the people door and it was well not set correctly, so I called over the DH, and he thinking it was just another bug I needed killed took his time, and when he mozied over I showed him.  Damn, it was bad. The door not the fictitious bug...... So calling the contractor Tuesday to fix his fixer upper.

But, although my issue has nothing as severe as what others are dealing like COVID, and unfortunate loss of loved one, I was saddened yesterday.

I wanted to visit the local shelter that is just around the corner from us to adopt a kitten.

But realistically, the DH said we should wait till after our August cruise.

I reluctantly agreed, thinking of all those four legged fur balls that seriously need a home.

All my whining and hard work, lifting and cleaning (I had to help lift a mower deck that had to weigh at least 40 pounds) ..................did not work. 

So today, we finish pitching junk.

And see where today will take us.

Kittenless in Ohio. 

• Like 13

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m so sorry to read this.

I’d like to think that she will be met by our Allie and they will be playing together free of their pain.  It doesn’t help those left behind.  I can only hope the love from us here will help to ease some of your grief. 

When I read the post about the passing Allie was the first thing that came to my mind.

• Like 9

13 hours ago, Luckynana said:

So sorry Ginny didn’t get to grow up. I hope the love her parents felt for her gives them some comfort. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

You kids need to slow down. You're burning the candle at both ends. 😄

Interesting tachometer on the Mustang. 

Every since my stepdaughter moved back home, I barely see my summer car (which is really my all year car), except to wash it. 

20200515_163221~2.jpg

How was your trip to the Fingerlake region?     Did you have nice weather?

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

You crazy kids!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1