Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Good morning from Lizzy's mom.

It was a calm night here.

When she was at the Animal Welfare league, the placed slowed down in the evening and most days the kitties went to sleep by 7pm.  Maybe woke a little, but for the most part slept all night.

So last night after she posed for her first photo session, you could tell she was getting tired and her eyes kept trying to stay open as her body said ". . . . .nope not going to happen...."

So we put her to bed at 7:15pm and not a purr out of her all night.

The Spouse checked on her at 6am before he went to work and she was hiding under the computer desk.

When I got up at 7am.  Brought her fresh food and water, she ignored me.

So, I let her take her time to get comfortable.

Soon.  munch, munch, munch.....................slurp, slurp, slurp.........she ate and drank.

Then OK, time to hide.

So, I just did my morning routine on computer and the next thing my leg is getting rubbed and her little motor is going non-stop.

Now one thing good came out of this........................besides me realizing it is time to shave my legs, she is starting to bond with me.  This is quick.  I mean we abducted her from her brothers and sisters and now she has a new home to get used too, and she is adapting quite well.

Now I have 2 stories to share.

The first is PRE-KITTY

My spouse's job was to name our new addition, and  we knew for months we were going to adopt after our early August cruise. 

Well, it was a challenging summer for him.

HIM:  "I don't know what to name her" "You name her"

ME: " No, I think you can have the honor, you always let me give them their names"

HIM:  " I have no idea, all the good names are already taken"

ME:  "Taken by who?????"

HIM:  "You know, all our friends"

ME:  "Two or four legged friends?"

HIM:  "Stop that, I hate when you do that"

ME:  "Do what?"

HIM:  " Twist the conversation around"

ME:  " I am not twisting, I just asked you a question"

HIM:  "Can you do me a favor?"

ME:  "OH now what?  And no I want you to name her not ME!!!!!  

HIM:  "How about a compromise?"

ME:  "OK I am listening"

HIM:         "Can you give me a list of some names and I will look at them and pick and if I don't like I will come up with one"

ME:  "OK, that is fair"

HIM:  No comment, but the LOOK of relief

ME:  "Ok here is my list"  (In no particular order)

TARA

TIMBER

PENNY

MADDIE

PRANCER

SPOOKIE

NOVA

SPARKY

LIZZY

TIFFANY

SANDY

BOOTS

SOCKS

HIM:   DRUMROLL..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"I like Lizzy:

And that is how Lizzy came to be.

Now time to snuggle with the little one-------------------------

so I won't bore you with too many kitty stories (LOL), but one thing of interest, is that you should take the time to read the adoption papers, which I did not do till this morning and I will share those details in next post.

Of course with baby pictures.

From

Purring in OHIO

Lizzy, not Sue

Be safe

• Like 17

13 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

TARA

TIMBER

PENNY

MADDIE

PRANCER

SPOOKIE

NOVA

SPARKY

LIZZY

TIFFANY

SANDY

BOOTS

SOCKS

Years ago, I had a calico cat with lots of orange spots. I tried to name her "Penny" because of her copper-ish color, but whenever I told anyone her name, they did a double-take because they thought I was saying "panty". 😂 Maybe it was my TX accent. At any rate, "Penny" quickly became "Annie", which suited her just fine. I miss that girl.

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 6
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning from Lizzy's mom.

It was a calm night here.

When she was at the Animal Welfare league, the placed slowed down in the evening and most days the kitties went to sleep by 7pm.  Maybe woke a little, but for the most part slept all night.

So last night after she posed for her first photo session, you could tell she was getting tired and her eyes kept trying to stay open as her body said ". . . . .nope not going to happen...."

So we put her to bed at 7:15pm and not a purr out of her all night.

The Spouse checked on her at 6am before he went to work and she was hiding under the computer desk.

When I got up at 7am.  Brought her fresh food and water, she ignored me.

So, I let her take her time to get comfortable.

Soon.  munch, munch, munch.....................slurp, slurp, slurp.........she ate and drank.

Then OK, time to hide.

So, I just did my morning routine on computer and the next thing my leg is getting rubbed and her little motor is going non-stop.

Now one thing good came out of this........................besides me realizing it is time to shave my legs, she is starting to bond with me.  This is quick.  I mean we abducted her from her brothers and sisters and now she has a new home to get used too, and she is adapting quite well.

Now I have 2 stories to share.

The first is PRE-KITTY

My spouse's job was to name our new addition, and  we knew for months we were going to adopt after our early August cruise. 

Well, it was a challenging summer for him.

HIM:  "I don't know what to name her" "You name her"

ME: " No, I think you can have the honor, you always let me give them their names"

HIM:  " I have no idea, all the good names are already taken"

ME:  "Taken by who?????"

HIM:  "You know, all our friends"

ME:  "Two or four legged friends?"

HIM:  "Stop that, I hate when you do that"

ME:  "Do what?"

HIM:  " Twist the conversation around"

ME:  " I am not twisting, I just asked you a question"

HIM:  "Can you do me a favor?"

ME:  "OH now what?  And no I want you to name her not ME!!!!!  

HIM:  "How about a compromise?"

ME:  "OK I am listening"

HIM:         "Can you give me a list of some names and I will look at them and pick and if I don't like I will come up with one"

ME:  "OK, that is fair"

HIM:  No comment, but the LOOK of relief

ME:  "Ok here is my list"  (In no particular order)

TARA

TIMBER

PENNY

MADDIE

PRANCER

SPOOKIE

NOVA

SPARKY

LIZZY

TIFFANY

SANDY

BOOTS

SOCKS

HIM:   DRUMROLL..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"I like Lizzy:

And that is how Lizzy came to be.

Now time to snuggle with the little one-------------------------

so I won't bore you with too many kitty stories (LOL), but one thing of interest, is that you should take the time to read the adoption papers, which I did not do till this morning and I will share those details in next post.

Of course with baby pictures.

From

Purring in OHIO

Lizzy, not Sue

Be safe

Lizzy is bonding with you so much quicker than Jade did with me. I think my mistake was trying too hard. Once I finally just let her be we made progress but it took me awhile and a lot of frustration to figure it out. I have never had a pet before where there was not almost instant bonding. My previous cat was a three year old rehome that I agreed to take when her owner developed a terminal illness. That was about a one week adjustment but Jade took over a month. I was really wondering what I had gotten myself into. I was definitely being tested.

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Lizzy is bonding with you so much quicker than Jade did with me. I think my mistake was trying too hard. Once I finally just let her be we made progress but it took me awhile and a lot of frustration to figure it out. I have never had a pet before where there was not almost instant bonding. My previous cat was a three year old rehome that I agreed to take when her owner developed a terminal illness. That was about a one week adjustment but Jade took over a month. I was really wondering what I had gotten myself into. I was definitely being tested.

And look at her now, she's definitely a Daddys girl❤

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

and she is adapting quite well.

Great news. She will be sitting on your lap at no time.

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are docked at Cococay.   Yay!   Going to wait for mad rush before we get off.   I think we will head to South Beach today.    Looking forward to snack shack for lunch.   Love their chicken sandwich and funnel cake😀

And a Coco Loco!!!!!!!

43 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

'll stay up to 12:01 tonight to check in for our Liberty/Galveston sailing. Last time for our Symphony I used a combination of the app on my phone and my computer. Picked the time on the phone but when it asked to upload passport info and vaccine cards I had all that info on my computer so I just jumped over to that. I'm hoping everything goes smoothly tonight. I'm not looking forward to try and stay awake tonight.

I was thinking you lived in the Central time zone.  If so you can check in at 11:01 pm.

Last night, when we started on the iPhone, we tried the app and the website.   It would let us get all the way to the end and then freeze.  We thought at 1st it was because there was so many checking in at once.

The iPad browser view is set up in computer view rather than phone.   Not sure if that made the difference. 

Seems like you would have an easier time if you did check in all on your computer since you have stuff on the computer you need.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Years ago, I had a calico cat with lots of orange spots. I tried to name her "Penny" because of her copper-ish color, but whenever I told anyone her name, they did a double-take because they thought I was saying "panty". 😂 Maybe it was my TX accent. At any rate, "Penny" quickly became "Annie", which suited her just fine. I miss that girl.

My brother had a Vezsla, dog, that he named Penny because if its copper color. I guess it worked out because he doesn't have a Texas accent.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I've checked in twice in the last couple of weeks for 2 different cruises.  In both cases, I used the app to quickly select my check-in time.  I then took care of the rest of the check-in process over the next couple of days.  You don't need to go through the entire process to lock in an early time.

I'm impressed with checking in via the app as compared to what you used to have to do on a computer.  Scan your passport and all passport info is automatically filled in.  Enter your address, credit card info, contact name/number, take a quick (at least for me...not so much for Micheline 😉) security photo and you're done.  Oh yeah...answer the 3 simple health questions.  Takes less than 5 minutes per person.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've checked in twice in the last couple of weeks for 2 different cruises.  In both cases, I used the app to quickly select my check-in time.  I then took care of the rest of the check-in process over the next couple of days.  You don't need to go through the entire process to lock in an early time.

I'm impressed with checking in via the app as compared to what you used to have to do on a computer.  Scan your passport and all passport info is automatically filled in.  Enter your address, credit card info, contact name/number, take a quick (at least for me...not so much for Micheline 😉) security photo and you're done.  Oh yeah...answer the 3 simple health questions.  Takes less than 5 minutes per person.

I agree, check-in on the app us pretty painless and seems to make check-in at the port move much quicker too.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gardener5b said:

Coming out of lurking mode temporarily to give a brief review of our recent cruise on Adventure

We had late seating; the wait staff was just overwhelmed.   Our assistant waiter was responsible for at least 2 waiters stations.  The staff was working so hard, but it was complicated by people coming in at least 45 minutes after service started.   They also had to deal with people from MyTime dining coming up to empty tables up to an hour after service started.  I felt so bad for them trying to keep up.

Food in the dining room was good.  Windjammer was a mixed bag, but perhaps just not to my personal taste.  A shortage of waiters to clear tables here was also evident.   In both venues, the baked rolls/breads were absolutely addictive.

Bar service was quite good; we didn't experience any shortages of preferred wines or bourbons.

The ship was in great shape.  Lots of maintenance being done--all of the railings on deck 12 and 10 were being re-varnished. 

Hello, and welcome, Gardener.  I will be on Adventure on Sept 29 and have MTD.  I've been trying to decide if we should switch to regular dining, due to differing comments about service on the ship...what say you about this?  After talking to waiters, etc, did they say they would be better off if MTD was discontinued?

11 hours ago, Gardener5b said:

Apparently the MTD dining line was overwhelmed, and we had available tables so they moved people there  (this information was from our waiter).   One night, we left at 9:45 and the two tables seated late still hadn't gotten their appetizers.

A few mornings, the Windjammer was so crowded that the waiting line curved out to the pool deck.   If you ate breakfast much past 8:30, you were going to have a wait for a table.

Wow!  It looks like I'm going to have to switch out of MTD😟

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We too have had success the last few cruises grabbing a time then completing the rest later.  We wanted to do that last night too but it wouldn't let us.  We also usually just use the app.  Might of just been a glitch night but it's hard to believe that there would be a glitch with RC stuff..... 😆 

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Hello, and welcome, Gardener.  I will be on Adventure on Sept 29 and have MTD.  I've been trying to decide if we should switch to regular dining, due to differing comments about service on the ship...what say you about this?  After talking to waiters, etc, did they say they would be better off if MTD was discontinued?

If something is overly popular wouldn’t it make sense to expand it and reduce traditional dining?  Most of these ships have 3 levels.  Currently MTD gets 1 and Traditional 2.  Might need to swith that around.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Wow!  It looks like I'm going to have to switch out of MTD😟

We chose early seating for our upcoming cruise because of the later start of MTD.  Oasis uses the same dining room early seating that they use for MTD, so it will be interesting to see how quickly they try to push us out.  We have plans to eat in specialty dining a couple nights and MDR the rest of the week, but will change our plans if the MDR is a zoo.

If you are going to switch, I would try to do it now as it does fill up.  You could always try to get on a wait list for it if it is already full.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sorry I posted so many pictures, I didn’t know how to remove them🥴

charlie is much improved, so hoping he stays better.

Glad to hear that Charlie is feeling better.  May he stay that way for the rest of the cruise🥰

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Hoping Ryan is feeling better🙏

Thank you, Marietta😘

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sorry I posted so many pictures, I didn’t know how to remove them🥴

charlie is much improved, so hoping he stays better.

No problem.   Thanks for posting.   We were all waiting for them.

For the future this is how you can delete a picture.  When you use the "Add Files" you choose your images and they upload below the message you are creating.  After the images upload you will see an x in the upper right hand side of the pic.  Hitting the x will remove the pic that has been inserted and/or uploaded.   Hope this helps!

Happy to hear Charlie is feeling better. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

My brother had a Vezsla, dog, that he named Penny because if its copper color. I guess it worked out because he doesn't have a Texas accent.😁

My daughter also had a copper colored Pekinese named Penny.  What a good girl she was.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

No problem.   Thanks for posting.   We were all waiting for them.

For the future this is how you can delete a picture.  When you use the "Add Files" you choose your images and they upload below the message you are creating.  After the images upload you will see an x in the upper right hand side of the pic.  Hitting the x will remove the pic that has been inserted and/or uploaded.   Hope this helps!

Happy to hear Charlie is feeling better. 

One other related thing that I've learned a few times by mistake...any picture that you've uploaded but not clicked on the insert link to put in your post, will automatically be inserted at the bottom of the post.  Example, I click on the "choose files..." link and select 4 photos.  I then insert 3 of them into my posting using the "Insert" link below the photo.  Even though I didn't actively insert the 4th photo, it will still appear at the bottom of my post.  

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We chose early seating for our upcoming cruise because of the later start of MTD.  Oasis uses the same dining room early seating that they use for MTD, so it will be interesting to see how quickly they try to push us out.  We have plans to eat in specialty dining a couple nights and MDR the rest of the week, but will change our plans if the MDR is a zoo.

If you are going to switch, I would try to do it now as it does fill up.  You could always try to get on a wait list for it if it is already full.

Thank you.  I'll give my TA a call tomorrow morning to ask her to switch for us.  Someone on my roll call already made the switch last week.  What a bummer😟

• Like 1