Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Ryan spent 2 nights in the Pediatric ICU.  His blood sugar count was extremely high, but by the 3rd day they were able to release him after getting his numbers down, after meetings with the Endocrinologist, and after Ryan and my daughter could show them that they could handle doing the finger pricks and the insulin shots.  This sure is a life-changing experience.  Lots of phone calls and doctor visits.

Thank you for asking, Dani.  Right now it's pretty stressful, and will be...until it's not.  Thank you again.🥰

I am glad your grandson is doing better!  It will be a lot of learning for a while but they will get his numbers under control.  Sending positive thoughts and prayers. 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Ryan spent 2 nights in the Pediatric ICU.  His blood sugar count was extremely high, but by the 3rd day they were able to release him after getting his numbers down, after meetings with the Endocrinologist, and after Ryan and my daughter could show them that they could handle doing the finger pricks and the insulin shots.  This sure is a life-changing experience.  Lots of phone calls and doctor visits.

Thank you for asking, Dani.  Right now it's pretty stressful, and will be...until it's not.  Thank you again.🥰

I’m so glad he’s home.  Life changing for sure but from all the prior comments (including the good Dr), thankfully it’s something treatable.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I sure hope Charlie feels better after his nap, Marietta.  Hoping it was just something that didn't agree with him and that he is okay.

+1

5 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

This makes me happy! I love putting a face to a name.  You both look great.

+1

5 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Marietta I hope Charlie feels better soon!

+1

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am glad your grandson is doing better!  It will be a lot of learning for a while but they will get his numbers under control.  Sending positive thoughts and prayers. 🙂 

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m so glad he’s home.  Life changing for sure but from all the prior comments (including the good Dr), thankfully it’s something treatable.  

+ 1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers, mema❤️

3 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

So true.  Thank you, Deb❤️

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

OMG she is adorable. Welcome Lizzy to the family.  From one Lizzy to another she say's hi!

IMG_8462.thumb.jpeg.7880046f57e0fa04076d6002a1cc3263.jpeg

We now have 2 sweet Lizzies and 2 sweet Lucys! 

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie snapped a few too many!!!  He is not feeling well, we just got back from medical.  Stomach issues, hopefully not diverticulitis 🙏🤞He is sleeping now, hoping it was just something he ate.

if I missed anything important I will try to catch up, finally got internet.  H20skibum, prayers for you all.  
I had my Miami Vice with blue curaçao, I believe I am going to go for a vodka martini!!!!

Hoping Charlie feels much better.

Wonderful to see two lovely ladies (and their families) finally meet.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Sue, congratulations on the new kitty.  

Marietta and Debbie, great pictures of the two of you enjoying your cruise. 

Maryann, good to hear that Ryan is home and adjusting to his management. 

Kraken Colada has been my go to drink every night, as I climb into out hot tub and unwind from the day.  It feels good to relax and get lost in a movie, then get ready for another day. 

By the way, I am already past that weekly quota!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Coming out of lurking mode temporarily to give a brief review of our recent cruise on Adventure.   We were on the 9 day sailing departing 8/18.  Ports of call were Bermuda, San Juan, St. Martin and Labadee.   Overall, it was a great cruise.   We won a reasonably priced Royal Up bid from Jr. Suite to Owners Suite.  The suite lounge concierge was amazing.  She held a sail away party from San Juan on the helipad.   We loved the extra space in the OS.

We had late seating; the wait staff was just overwhelmed.   Our assistant waiter was responsible for at least 2 waiters stations.  The staff was working so hard, but it was complicated by people coming in at least 45 minutes after service started.   They also had to deal with people from MyTime dining coming up to empty tables up to an hour after service started.  I felt so bad for them trying to keep up.

Food in the dining room was good.  Windjammer was a mixed bag, but perhaps just not to my personal taste.  A shortage of waiters to clear tables here was also evident.   In both venues, the baked rolls/breads were absolutely addictive.

Bar service was quite good; we didn't experience any shortages of preferred wines or bourbons.

Ports of call were good, although due to the itinerary, times in ports were quite short.  We did shore excursions in Bermuda and SanJuan.  We stayed on board in St Martin; it was quite rainy there.

The ship was in great shape.  Lots of maintenance being done--all of the railings on deck 12 and 10 were being re-varnished.  

And finally, since everyone is posting cute pet photos, here is our recent addition (we do basset hound rescue; she was a foster that we adopted last year.).  We also have a camera shy senior golden that was also a rescue.

IMG_0592[1].JPG

IMG_0784[1].JPG

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Today we welcomed to our home our little bundle of joy.  As I was waiting for the paper work to be finished she was one busy lady and played with her brothers/sisters. 

On the way home in her carrier ( with a view) some soft meows. 

Introduced her to her room and hid under computer desk. 

Was calm when we lifted her out. 

Now busy finding hiding spots in family room. 

Born July 1, 2022 they must have run out of black fur when she created so the paws and part of face left white. 

Welcome Lizzy to our home. 

169EA4D0-A0B7-42CC-8C72-715D3353B526.thumb.jpeg.9a879ac352d295eedb0c0bc6ade7971b.jpeg

CD5FEBFF-02F2-4511-8A60-D12A6B7513BF.thumb.jpeg.d1d839fe5dacb237185f8f2c594175e8.jpeg

E161A177-AD03-4AE2-86B0-1425C4B20406.thumb.jpeg.40dbd1841f010c3dc0b5de11b08d8476.jpeg

Letting here develop her own comfort zone. 
Giving her room to snoop. 

Timid. But the motors going. ( purrring). 

Finally, we get to see her.

So beautiful. I did see some of the live feed & she certainly was busy while all the others were sleeping.

I think she will be so much fun!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Gardener5b said:

Coming out of lurking mode temporarily to give a brief review of our recent cruise on Adventure.   We were on the 9 day sailing departing 8/18.  Ports of call were Bermuda, San Juan, St. Martin and Labadee.   Overall, it was a great cruise.   We won a reasonably priced Royal Up bid from Jr. Suite to Owners Suite.  The suite lounge concierge was amazing.  She held a sail away party from San Juan on the helipad.   We loved the extra space in the OS.

We had late seating; the wait staff was just overwhelmed.   Our assistant waiter was responsible for at least 2 waiters stations.  The staff was working so hard, but it was complicated by people coming in at least 45 minutes after service started.   They also had to deal with people from MyTime dining coming up to empty tables up to an hour after service started.  I felt so bad for them trying to keep up.

Food in the dining room was good.  Windjammer was a mixed bag, but perhaps just not to my personal taste.  A shortage of waiters to clear tables here was also evident.   In both venues, the baked rolls/breads were absolutely addictive.

Bar service was quite good; we didn't experience any shortages of preferred wines or bourbons.

Ports of call were good, although due to the itinerary, times in ports were quite short.  We did shore excursions in Bermuda and SanJuan.  We stayed on board in St Martin; it was quite rainy there.

The ship was in great shape.  Lots of maintenance being done--all of the railings on deck 12 and 10 were being re-varnished.  

And finally, since everyone is posting cute pet photos, here is our recent addition (we do basset hound rescue; she was a foster that we adopted last year.).  We also have a camera shy senior golden that was also a rescue.

IMG_0592[1].JPG

IMG_0784[1].JPG

Cute pups.

Why would MTD people show up at regular scheduled dining?

We have participated in MTD for over a decade and never one time did I show up at the regular dining venue.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Cute pups.

Why would MTD people show up at regular scheduled dining?

We have participated in MTD for over a decade and never one time did I show up at the regular dining venue.

Apparently the MTD dining line was overwhelmed, and we had available tables so they moved people there  (this information was from our waiter).   One night, we left at 9:45 and the two tables seated late still hadn't gotten their appetizers.

A few mornings, the Windjammer was so crowded that the waiting line curved out to the pool deck.   If you ate breakfast much past 8:30, you were going to have a wait for a table.

Edited by Gardener5b
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Lunch today...Tomatoes & Orange Cheese on bread in the Toaster Oven..

Seasoned Pepper and Garlic Salt if you want the bottom of the great more toasted,don't use the tinfoil.

400 degrees,cooks fast keep an eye on it. Take out when cheese starts to brown.

20220830_121501.jpg

20220830_122256.jpg

I love these.  My Dad used to make for us kids in summertime with his homegrown tomatoes.   We put parsley or basil leaves on top from the garden😀

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie snapped a few too many!!!  He is not feeling well, we just got back from medical.  Stomach issues, hopefully not diverticulitis 🙏🤞He is sleeping now, hoping it was just something he ate.

if I missed anything important I will try to catch up, finally got internet.  H20skibum, prayers for you all.  
I had my Miami Vice with blue curaçao, I believe I am going to go for a vodka martini!!!!

Really hope Charlie feels better soon. Glad to see you and Debbie got to meet. I think Bella’s cruise will be so fun with so many of us meeting.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear this.   He seemed a little "off" when I saw you at the pool this afternoon.  I hope he has a good night's rest and feels better in the morning. 😀   It sure was a hot one this afternoon.

• Thanks 1