Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

Been travelling the last few days so catching up again.  Still have family in the NJ/PA area so nice to have our lake house to be able to stay at.  Was up there last week in the raining, cold weather.  Stopped at DDs house in Virginia on the way back to visit with the grandkids, now back.

The weather didn't cooperate for fall foliage but here is a pic from before we left, sun was so bright obscured the whole picture, had to use the tree.

IMG_20221009_194305.thumb.jpg.b8e51286916a1ddf94fd3d38901bfd74.jpg

Had to pull out the coats for this trip. Now back in the warmth, definitely a warm weather girl.

@dani negreanu. Happy Birthday to your grandson, great picture.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our Canadian friends

That's a really cool pic.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, derorim said:

I see the leaves are starting to turn in your part of the state.  We're probably a month behind you here in SE Virginia.  Also, love the picture of the Hunter's Moon you saw tonight.  

First Freeze Warning was last night too. So the colors should start changing faster now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Took a few Pictures today/tonight when riding our Golf cart around up in the fields behind our house.

20221009_133401.jpg

This picture is from up on the hills behind our house toward the back of our house.

20221009_133633.jpg

Little further up and over the hills behind our house is a pond I fish in. This pond is fed from  rain water that drains down off the mountain.

20221009_133816.jpg

20221009_133823.jpg

This is one of the many tractors the farmer uses to bail up the straw/hay from the field. He actually got to cut it twice this year.

20221009_134444.jpg

Took this picture about  30 minutes ago just after dusk. You can see some of those mountains over to the right. That is South of us toward North Carolina.

The house you see in the picture  on the other side of the lot that is for sale right next to us.  you can see our house and My pickup truck under the green leafed tree in the lower right corner of the picture.

687050355.jpg

Beautiful photos😀  lovely area but how far to the beach?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

I don't think anyone here is mean,  at least not on purpose.  Opinionated and stubborn maybe, strong maybe, even a hard yes, but not mean.  Gotta laugh at some of the silly back and forth quite often.

Agree!

@Jimbo Your property is gorgeous.  If you can, please post a picture when it's in full foliage color.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful photos😀  lovely area but how far to the beach?

Hot tub gets us wet, about 25ft and  no sand between our toes. 🙂

Claytor State Park -------- Large Lake  17 miles, 20 minutes

Virginia Beach    328 miles.......about 5 hours.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sunshine3601 finished putting a core in one bed today.  I usually do this in the spring but I want to get my garlic in by Wednesday. 

image.thumb.png.379295e8294b2a8017d4d19c6ba440ea.png

image.thumb.png.ac5acc63df5b0966bdbbd2ce00abadae.png

Must have took a lot of soil to fill up those plots being 3 cinder blocks high. Keeps you from bending way down though, so that is great.

49 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

About five hours.  I used to take my cat to the beach (similar length drive) when I was in my teens…I remember she just curled up on my lap.  I have no idea what I did when I got where I was going since I didn’t have a carrier.  When you’re young you don’t worry about as many things as we adults do.  I adopted these cats to help me thru lockdown…I thought that was bad…then I lost all my family the next year and they got me through that as well.  I need to do my best for them.

When I took them to the vet this year Minnie was so frantic she ripped three claws off clawing at the metal grid of her carrier.  So I bought a soft sided one.  I plan on sedatives…and my husband in the back seat to let them out if necessary.  It’s possible, as I remember from your posts, that they’ll just go to sleep if they’re out and with one of us.

I will go back and read what you wrote and thank you so much for giving me the page/post information!  😸

Five hours won't be too long so I would not give them food or water until you get where you are going especially with the sedatives.  They may be vocal and stressed at first but give them some time to see if they settle down and fall asleep.  When we moved  (12 hour drive) my husband had Storm in his truck.  Storm talked until Houston (2.5 hours) when he fell asleep.  I had the quiet cats until the last hour when they and dogs had all had enough and started complaining and getting restless.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Mets will definitely win today.Next stop will be sunny California to take on the Dodgers and their honorary soon to be 87 year old Coach ,a Brooklyn guy named Koufax.

I know how we can all win lots of money when he says some team will definitely win let’s all bet on the other team , I love my Yankees and Bills but to say they will definitely win isn’t to smart . Team that will definitely win was shutout with only one hit . Maybe Koufax ( who was a favorite pitcher ) should have pitched this game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

In MLB history only 16 Managers have won more games that Nathaniel Showalter.

He is to old now though, the game has past him by. He was out of Baseball, should have stayed on the TV shows.

Edited by Jimbo

20 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Met's lose series after 101 wins that mean nothing.

It's the curse of @John&LaLa. 🤣🤣🤣

Joking, of course.  I don't think it would matter in what order the Mets pitched. 

1 hit in this game & only 1 run scored in the 2 loses combined.  Not gonna get the job done. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

It's the curse of @John&LaLa. 🤣🤣🤣

Joking, of course.  I don't think it would matter in what order the Mets pitched. 

1 hit in this game & only 1 run scored in the 2 loses combined.  Not gonna get the job done. 

It's a Mind thing, if the Padres would have lost the first game, The Padres never would think they could pull off winning 2 straight games against the Mets in New York's home park

You will read about it tomorrow, they will be saying Buck made a mistake by not pitching deGrom in game one.

36 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Must have took a lot of soil to fill up those plots being 3 cinder blocks high. Keeps you from bending way down though, so that is great.

Only the far end is 3 high.  The other is 2 and buried some.  Our property is sloped so I have to build up one side to level it out.  The shallow end is about 12 to 14 inches deep.  Yes it takes extra dirt but I had now choice.  The end with 3 stacked is actually harder to work.  When the tomatoes grow over 8 feet tall there is almost an extra 2 feet to reach up so to get to the higher tomatoes I have to step up on the blocks and balance on them to reach.

I made them out of blocks because wood got so costly it cost about the same to use block.  The blocks will last so much longer.  I also like the holes in the blocks.  I grow basil and marigolds in them.  It is a lot harder to build with blocks because you have to be so careful to keep it level all the way around. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

He is to old now though, the game has past him by. He was out of Baseball, should have stayed on the TV 

You might be right. He knows his stuff & can go into excruciating detail about some minor details.  He'd probably be better off as a bench coach or some other assistant type job rather than manager.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It's a Mind thing, if the Padres would have lost the first game, The Padres never would think they could pull off winning 2 straight games against the Mets in New York's home park

You will read about it tomorrow, they will be saying Buck made a mistake by not pitching deGrom in game one.

Sound logic. Can't disagree.  

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Yogi also said this:  "Ninety percent of the game is half mental."

So not really believing what Yogi says.

My favorite Yogi-ism (regarding a popular restaurant):  "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded"  

Honorable mention (regarding his famed sayings) "I never said most of the things I said". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

My favorite Yogi-ism (regarding a popular restaurant):  "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded"  

Honorable mention (regarding his famed sayings) "I never said most of the things I said". 

How about baseball is 90 percent mental the other half is physical.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

How is Leonard ? Is he watching the Mets game tonight ?

First, condolences on your Mets loss. Wait until next year.  

Second, he did not, he spent most of the night sleeping. He has had a few exhausting days exploring the outside world.  As he's been an indoor cat his whole life living in a 1 BR apartment, the closet to being outside was the 2nd floor balcony.  Now he's got a 1/2 acre of yard to explore. 

First time, it took him 5 minutes to ssslllooowwwlly walk thru the sliding glass door. Very jumpy as his senses were overwhelmed.  Lasted outside all of 2 minutes when a flock of crows started cawing, which sent him racing inside. 

Today, had him outside for an hour. Climbed his first tree. Don't let the scared expression fool you, he loved it. 

Resized_20221006_163659(1).thumb.jpeg.5a02d3a8ec84f816437f4c026207167c.jpeg

• Like 14