Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have the same issue with a slope at the back side of my garden.   Not always easy for me to reach so it helps to be married to someone that is 6'3" with arms longer than mine.

Mine is wood but after 10+ years of having beds there are some weak sides that are starting to push out slightly.  

I also keep a ladder in the garden.  😆 My OT daughter that works at a nursing home is not too thrilled about the ladder but loves tomatoes... 🤔

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HBE4 said:

You might be right. He knows his stuff & can go into excruciating detail about some minor details.  He'd probably be better off as a bench coach or some other assistant type job rather than manager.  

This will be his last job in Baseball,I assure you.

Stranger outcomes in sports have occurred.In the 60’s I played two seasons of Semi -Pro Basketball.The team that I was on had the opportunity to play a team comprised of several members of the St.Louis Hawks.Every guy on my team had the best game of their lives and we won by 3 games.They demanded a rematch and we lost by many points.However,we had the win .

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I actually didn't realize that Adventure was in Galveston. I'll tell you what, I will let you keep Adventure there if I can keep Allure in Ft. Lauderdale. 😁

Allure needs to stay in Galveston at least through January. 

13 hours ago, HBE4 said:

My favorite Yogi-ism (regarding a popular restaurant):  "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded"  

Honorable mention (regarding his famed sayings) "I never said most of the things I said". 

Have you ever been to the Yogi Berra Museum in NJ ? If not you would likely enjoy it.

3 hours ago, George C said:

Correct Allure will be replaced by Harmony in November 2023, we have that booked .

Are you saying Harmony is going out of Galveston at the end of 2023?  Looks like I need to check it out.  We love cruising Harmony. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I still think the Brewers are in the NL.

And the Lakers are in Minneapolis, Braves in Milwaukee, A's in Philadelphia, Cardinals in St Louis or Chicago, Browns in St Louis, Ravens in Cleveland, and it goes on and on....

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I still think they are in the NL. 🤣

Kinda liked their old name. Colt 45's

And Rusty Staub used to play for them all you Mets fans

Rusty played for many teams.I had a distant cousin who played for 7 teams but never became a well known player.

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I may do a drink review on Mariner next week🤣

Yay! I will look forward to reading that.

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Hope you have a great time in Texas!

Thanks! I am looking forward to my first experience at Buc-ee's on the drive down.

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

The Astro's used to be the "other team" that I cheered on since my step-daughter was living in Houston at the time.  That changed when they started to routinely beat the Yankees in the playoffs. 😊

Duly noted.

Was the original name based on the gun or the malt liquor drink? 😁

I still think the Brewers are in the NL.

My late friend Dave,a Mets fan moved to a suburb of Houston where all of his new friends rooted for the Astros .Dave never gave up his love for the Mets.

4 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We sail 11/24 (Thanksgiving Day) out of Galveston. Unfortunately, it's just a short 4-nighter to Cozumel over the holiday weekend, and Andrew will actually be missing school on Monday when we disembark and drive home. We are happy to be able to squeeze in a 2nd cruise this year even though it's a short one.

That should be a nice trip and they do the cooking and cleaning for Thanksgiving makes it even nicer 😃

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks! I am looking forward to my first experience at Buc-ee's on the drive down.

Cleanest restrooms and the best bbq sandwiches.

Walking along The Strand and Seawall is a treat I hope you won't miss.

What hotel are you staying in?

Hope you're pleasantly surprised at the food on Liberty.

Enjoy every moment!

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Are you saying Harmony is going out of Galveston at the end of 2023?  Looks like I need to check it out.  We love cruising Harmony. 

What do you like about Harmony? The ship is doing 8/6 night itineraries from Ft. Lauderdale this winter. I get a block in my next cruise.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Leave yourself some extra time, just for that.  Build it into your schedule.  

Susan rushed me out when we stopped at one in Florida.  Said we had a schedule to keep. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I know this is before your time but I am sure you are familiar with Don Larsen.He pitched a perfect game for the Yankees in a World Series.He was a terrible pitcher before and after but on one day he achieved a miracle.

Rumor has it he was hungover during that game, although he denied it.  Alcohol as a PED? 

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I don’t like Houston for their cheating but they do have a better time zone. 

I was picking the losers. 😉

49 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Have you ever been to the Yogi Berra Museum in NJ ? If not you would likely enjoy it.

No, I have not but friends have also told me I would like it.

42 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

And the Lakers are in Minneapolis, Braves in Milwaukee, A's in Philadelphia, Cardinals in St Louis or Chicago, Browns in St Louis, Ravens in Cleveland, and it goes on and on....

Braves go all the way back to Boston in the early 1900s.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

This is perfect timing too since Andrew’s and Crystal’s ended and Bob’s will be winding down. 

I’m not dead yet!  Still 4 glorious days (and 4 sunsets) on Kauai left. We’re doing a helicopter tour today and a Na Pali Coast sunset boat tour tomorrow. Great sunset a couple of nights ago in Kaanapali. Have I mentioned sunsets?  😁

932C979E-5D73-40C0-B95C-68DF28FD93C4.thumb.jpeg.4c6ce74717efde60892833fe3a441bd3.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

My late friend Dave,a Mets fan moved to a suburb of Houston where all of his new friends rooted for the Astros .Dave never gave up his love for the Mets.

When my step daughter was living in Houston, I made sure she had a steady supply of NY Yankee apparel. 😇

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I’m not dead yet!  Still 4 glorious days (and 4 sunsets) on Kauai left. We’re doing a helicopter tour today and a Na Pali Coast sunset boat tour tomorrow. Great sunset a couple of nights ago in Kaanapali. Have I mentioned sunsets?  😁

932C979E-5D73-40C0-B95C-68DF28FD93C4.thumb.jpeg.4c6ce74717efde60892833fe3a441bd3.jpeg

Oh, I know and I’m still happily following along on your report even if I’m not commenting much.  I just meant by the time Greg’s ship sails you’ll be (sadly) heading home. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I don't think this one will be as interesting in that we are only eating in the MDR. So far people have reported the food is bad. We will see.

If the food is real bad, check out Giovanni’s.  Personal opinion but I think it's better than Jamies on other ships. It's never disappointed me. Ossobucco was one of the better dishes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Yes we have the week after thanksgiving 2023 booked , we sailed allure last year and happy to see a oasis class that we haven’t sailed with some new restaurants.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My predictions for the rest of the games:

Dodgers over Padres in 4

Guardians over Yankees in 5

Braves over Phillies in 4

Astros over Mariners in 4

Dodgers over Braves in 7

Astros over Yankees in 6

Dodgers over Astros in 7

If I am wrong I will send you a coupon for a free Sorrentos pie

I would never trust your picks for baseball or for any pizza or Italian restaurants  I see most of your picks are the favorite except for Cleveland. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Cleanest restrooms and the best bbq sandwiches.

Walking along The Strand and Seawall is a treat I hope you won't miss.

What hotel are you staying in?

Hope you're pleasantly surprised at the food on Liberty.

Enjoy every moment!

All of this! Our favorite place in Galveston is the Sunflower Bakery. It's great for a cruise morning breakfast/brunch.

https://thesunflowerbakeryandcafe.com/

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Rumor has it he was hungover during that game, although he denied it.  Alcohol as a PED? 

I was picking the losers. 😉

No, I have not but friends have also told me I would like it.

Braves go all the way back to Boston in the early 1900s.

In the 20 years that I have been living in my condo development nearly every person I have met moved here from Brooklyn and are Mets fans .

On the block my house is on nearly everyone moved here from the Bronx and all of them are huge Yankee fans.

• Like 1