Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I actually didn't realize that Adventure was in Galveston. I'll tell you what, I will let you keep Adventure there if I can keep Allure in Ft. Lauderdale. 😁

Adventure isn't in Texas yet; I believe it's heading to Galveston in early November. The new Royal terminal in Galveston should be opening just in time. 

We are booked on Allure next July, so I'll have to borrow her for a little while. 😄 I hear she's not in Texas for very long, though. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Adventure isn't in Texas yet; I believe it's heading to Galveston in early November. The new Royal terminal in Galveston should be opening just in time. 

We are booked on Allure next July, so I'll have to borrow her for a little while. 😄 I hear she's not in Texas for very long, though. 

Correct Allure will be replaced by Harmony in November 2023, we have that booked . We had inside/outside cats in Coppell which is only a few miles from where we live now but never saw coyotes and bobcats there , lots of them in our current neighborhood Carrollton. Our old cats would come in when we called them. They lived a long like to 17 and 18. 

Edited by George C
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

This is the outside view.

Graham.

IMG_20200913_094643.jpg

Screenshot_20220329_124902.jpg

Beautiful church Graham. My father was a architect who mainly designed churches. He would often take me to the job site as a young boy. I have a soft spot for beautifully designed churches.

• Like 6

Countdown is on! This week we pack and get ready to leave Thursday for the road trip down to Galveston. Live review will start the day before on Wednesday. Doing some laundry and ironing today as Linda is running errands.

I got my hopes up as someone on the FB group page reported that Starlink is installed on Liberty but after investigating it people are not seeing any increased speeds so that tells me even though parts of it are installed it has yet to turned on or they are testing and throttling back the data streams. We will see. It would help my review if they had it up and running.

Any way I hope you all join me. I will try and not let you down. I was so happy that my Symphony review got viewed over 20K times. I don't think this one will be as interesting in that we are only eating in the MDR. So far people have reported the food is bad. We will see.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Countdown is on! This week we pack and get ready to leave Thursday for the road trip down to Galveston. Live review will start the day before on Wednesday. Doing some laundry and ironing today as Linda is running errands.

I got my hopes up as someone on the FB group page reported that Starlink is installed on Liberty but after investigating it people are not seeing any increased speeds so that tells me even though parts of it are installed it has yet to turned on or they are testing and throttling back the data streams. We will see. It would help my review if they had it up and running.

Any way I hope you all join me. I will try and not let you down. I was so happy that my Symphony review got viewed over 20K times. I don't think this one will be as interesting in that we are only eating in the MDR. So far people have reported the food is bad. We will see.

I’m looking forward to another great SeaDog review.  This is perfect timing too since Andrew’s and Crystal’s ended and Bob’s will be winding down. 
I’ve never done one before but thinking about dipping my toe in the water for our Voyager cruise.  

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m looking forward to another great SeaDog review.  This is perfect timing too since Andrew’s and Crystal’s ended and Bob’s will be winding down. 
I’ve never done one before but thinking about dipping my toe in the water for our Voyager cruise.  

I may do a drink review on Mariner next week🤣

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Cleveland, Seattle, Atlanta, and Los Angeles 😉

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Not much respect for the Yankees and Astros huh? Might get one upset but both?

I'm liking @John&LaLa picks, considering he went 0-4 in the wildcard round. 😉

Although I might substitute Houston for Seattle. 🙂

2 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Brian spent a good portion of his childhood living in Houston, so he has been an Astros fan since long before everyone hated them. He'll be glued to the TV during their series with Seattle this week. Probably will be wearing his Altuve jersey every night. 😄

I still think they are in the NL. 🤣

Kinda liked their old name. Colt 45's

And Rusty Staub used to play for them all you Mets fans

• Like 1

13 hours ago, George C said:

I know how we can all win lots of money when he says some team will definitely win let’s all bet on the other team , I love my Yankees and Bills but to say they will definitely win isn’t to smart . Team that will definitely win was shutout with only one hit . Maybe Koufax ( who was a favorite pitcher ) should have pitched this game. 

My predictions for the rest of the games:

Dodgers over Padres in 4

Guardians over Yankees in 5

Braves over Phillies in 4

Astros over Mariners in 4

Dodgers over Braves in 7

Astros over Yankees in 6

Dodgers over Astros in 7

If I am wrong I will send you a coupon for a free Sorrentos pie

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

He is to old now though, the game has past him by. He was out of Baseball, should have stayed on the TV shows.

That was my feeling when he was hired but I have the utmost respect for him now.I predict that he will have great success the next two years.

The Astros Manager is in his 70’s and is doing great.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is true that indoor cats tend to live longer.  Of course where you live, and the predators that also live there, needs to be considered. Also realize that though he may seem timid of the new surrounding now, as he becomes more comfortable with the outside world you may find it harder to keep him inside.  If his predator instincts kick in he is going to want to go hunting. Then there is the issue of roads and cars....

If you truly set on giving him some outside time maybe consider a harness and leash as you are never going to catch a cat that doesn't want to be caught.

All excellent advice. I wasn't too keen on letting him outside at first as I thought he'd run off but it was my step daughters idea, which surprised me.  And good point about the roads, even though we live on a dead-end street, it's a long one with roughly 14-16 homes past us & apparently some of them think our little side street is an Interstate highway.  So far, we've kept him to the backyard.

Regarding his predator instincts - a story you can appreciate -  a few nights ago, Leonard starts pacing back and forth in front of the sliding glass door, meowing and jumping up on the glass. It's pitch black outside so I turn on the light and staring right back at us is a possum. 😲

3 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Around here, we have cars, bobcats, and coyotes that can be dangerous for pet cats outdoors. A friend of mine found out the hard way when her indoor/outdoor cat met a bobcat. It was traumatic for her to find that scene in her yard. Our cats do not go outside.

Fox, coyotes, hawks and owls are the main predators in my area.  My neighbor had a small duck pond enclosure with 3 ducks. Well, now 1 duck.  Not sure which predator took are of of the other two. The remains of one was left behind but the other just disappeared.  

I've seen the owl go after groundhogs in the middle of the day & I've seen them swoop by the duck enclosure.

2 hours ago, George C said:

We had inside/outside cats in Coppell which is only a few miles from where we live now but never saw coyotes and bobcats there , lots of them in our current neighborhood Carrollton. Our old cats would come in when we called them. They lived a long like to 17 and 18. 

Leonard will come when my step-daughter calls him. In fact, he will usually follows her like he's her shadow.   Me? I have to shake a bag of cat treats to get him to come to me.

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Re inside cats.  Also to consider is a cat that spends time outside can pick up fleas, etc, can eat something it shouldn’t, can get spooked and run and get lost….  Some people put out poison or shoot at cats…🙀

Fleas and eating something are my main fears. Every time he'd been spooked, he's made a beeline right to the sliding glass door. Hope that continues.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, HBE4 said:

First, condolences on your Mets loss. Wait until next year.  

Second, he did not, he spent most of the night sleeping. He has had a few exhausting days exploring the outside world.  As he's been an indoor cat his whole life living in a 1 BR apartment, the closet to being outside was the 2nd floor balcony.  Now he's got a 1/2 acre of yard to explore. 

First time, it took him 5 minutes to ssslllooowwwlly walk thru the sliding glass door. Very jumpy as his senses were overwhelmed.  Lasted outside all of 2 minutes when a flock of crows started cawing, which sent him racing inside. 

Today, had him outside for an hour. Climbed his first tree. Don't let the scared expression fool you, he loved it. 

Resized_20221006_163659(1).thumb.jpeg.5a02d3a8ec84f816437f4c026207167c.jpeg

My beloved cat who was on the planet 19 years only was outside when going to the Vet.I told her that it was a cruel world outside.However,when she was dying we took her outside on the deck.

I hope that Leonard has a long ,wonderful loving life and that you have a lot of enjoyment from him even if he does not have an interest in baseball.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

That was my feeling when he was hired but I have the utmost respect for him now. I predict that he will have great success the next two years.

The Astros Manager is in his 70’s and is doing great.

He has never Managed a World Series Game...... He can get his teams close (Yankee's, DiamondBacks and the Baltimore O's) but can never get his team to the big show.

I doubt he will still be managing for another 2 years. Those TV offers start coming in again he will bolt. Good chances the Mets won't be a good next year as this last year. They have a ton of free agents that will be leaving. It will be a whole new looking team next year. Considering they were the highest paid team last year  in both leagues the Owner of the Mets did not get a great return.

2 hours ago, mapleleafvoyage said:

Hi Lenny

how are you and Toby?  I haven’t been on cruise critic in a long long time.

please email me 

Christine.r.savory At gmail 

Hi Chris :

Great to see you posting .Toby is fine but I cannot say the same for me.If you recall that I was not able to function on our last cruise I am much worse now,.

I will e-mail you later.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

He has never Managed a World Series Game...... He can get his teams close (Yankee's, DiamondBacks and the Baltimore O's) but can never get his team to the big show.

I doubt he will still be managing for another 2 years. Those TV offers start coming in again he will bolt. Good chances the Mets won't be a good next year as this last year. They have a ton of free agents that will be leaving. It will be a whole new looking team next year. Considering they were the highest paid team last year  in both leagues the Owner of the Mets did not get a great return.

I disagree with you about the Free Agents leaving.I expect Diaz,Nimmo  and Walker to re-sign.I do not expect them to have Vogelbach,Nyquin ,Bassitt and Ruf on the team.I do not believe that Ottavino and May will be back and possibly not Dom Smith and DeGrom.

The Mets are not the primary business revenue of Steve Cohen.

43 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Brian spent a good portion of his childhood living in Houston, so he has been an Astros fan since long before everyone hated them. He'll be glued to the TV during their series with Seattle this week. Probably will be wearing his Altuve jersey every night. 😄

The Astro's used to be the "other team" that I cheered on since my step-daughter was living in Houston at the time.  That changed when they started to routinely beat the Yankees in the playoffs. 😊

41 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Pretty sure it was 1-3 based on original picks. 

The Mets comment was merely an observation

Duly noted.

39 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I still think they are in the NL. 🤣

Kinda liked their old name. Colt 45's

Was the original name based on the gun or the malt liquor drink? 😁

I still think the Brewers are in the NL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

The Astro's used to be the "other team" that I cheered on since my step-daughter was living in Houston at the time.  That changed when they started to routinely beat the Yankees in the playoffs. 😊

Haha! The Astros are my "other team" now in support of Brian. My first team is the Texas Rangers, but of course they are currently terrible.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HBE4 said:

It's the curse of @John&LaLa. 🤣🤣🤣

Joking, of course.  I don't think it would matter in what order the Mets pitched. 

1 hit in this game & only 1 run scored in the 2 loses combined.  Not gonna get the job done. 

I know this is before your time but I am sure you are familiar with Don Larsen.He pitched a perfect game for the Yankees in a World Series.He was a terrible pitcher before and after but on one day he achieved a miracle.

The Mets were beaten by a guy who in my opinion is the best pitcher on his team.I have had that opinion all year.