Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Spent the day in Kotor, Montenegro.  What a magical place this is.DC21E51E-A1B3-4EA5-AF43-3FDBF2458D2F.thumb.jpeg.86e15ce5225894b6ef234ccdcc4c7c0e.jpeg

73658F3F-E07B-4B43-A17C-901DDEF823B1.thumb.jpeg.573d757c29a70b94a77b973f18313f7f.jpeg

70E407AD-B35D-4C7E-8040-3E4201A48373.jpeg

We did Kotor 6 years ago on a 12 day Mediterranean cruise, had no knowledge of it at all totally delightful city , there main church was celebrating there 750 year anniversary since being built , very cat friendly beautiful walled city. 

Edited by George C
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, George C said:

Most airlines go there we normally fly American there , we are one of the few that doesn’t drive from Dallas 

Good Doctor is a fan of SW

I think I flew there on Delta. It was rainy, roads flooded

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Not happening.

Seriously, can't believe its more than 90 minutes further. 

More like 2 1/2 it seems. Apologies

But it's an hour closer than SJ 😇

Edited by John&LaLa

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We fly SW out of Kansas City mainly because there are a lot of flights. Downside is there are usually no nonstops and you have to put up with cattle call boarding and everyone being crammed into seats. I do like the cheap fares for the most part and bags fly free.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I do like SW but not as much as I used to. They used to have plenty of non-stop flights out of Providence. But they have lately switch to the old hub mentality and now everything seems to connect through Baltimore. I'm not happy about that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

That tends to happen out of Galveston. Limited choices

Even more limited now they are bringing the bigger ships in. As stated same itinerary every week.

Lucky we are getting Radiance for a short reprieve. If they want to recoup the cost of new terminal I think they have got to get creative and come up with some alternatives otherwise the attraction of the bigger ships could wane fast. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

@John&LaLa

I sorta went down a rabbit hole. The organization that is currently known as the Atlanta Braves  (formerly of Milwaukee and Boston) was founded back in 1871 before there a MLB or even a National League. Prior to being called the Braves, they operated under several other names: Boston Red Stockings (not to be confused with the AL Boston Red Sox which were not yet in existence), the Boston Red Caps,  and my favorite, the Boston Beaneaters. 😄 True story!  They became the Braves in 1912.

Regardless of the name or which league they played in, they can claim to be the oldest, continuously operating baseball team.

Fun facts to tell at parties.

My dear mother, who grew up in Providence, RI and was an avid Boston Red Sox fan, always ended the National Anthem with "and the home of the Red Sox", because she could not root for the Boston Braves! 🤣

• Haha 3

Just talked to my brother in Ft Myer, many cars were destroyed besides the homes , my brother got a nice settlement from insurance on car but local car dealers were charging 10k over list price and getting it. At least there suv is fine thinking of going to another state to buy a car. There removing 4 ft of dry wall from first story which is the majority of his house. 

• Like 4

On 10/7/2022 at 9:14 PM, lenquixote66 said:

I also do not have 60 friends .I am in contact with many people that I knew in the schools I attended and the places where I worked but I would not classify them all as friends

If Di could count the ones in a cemetery I might have 60. My closest ones are all gone. 

On 10/8/2022 at 12:03 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

Last week we caught a pic of Finnley with her eyes open.

image.thumb.png.947b288951473fae1c1b859b2b04c929.png

And of course another pic of Kenzie wanting to take care of her.

image.thumb.png.e68511cc1e00b7b109ff61ae70beb0a4.png

Kenzie likes to make sure all is well.  Such an Angel. 

image.thumb.png.b83a6b98e2c8866bd0f2e77544bf8d75.png

If Finnley grows up to be as cute as Kenzie, the world will be a happier place!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Just talked to my brother in Ft Myer, many cars were destroyed besides the homes , my brother got a nice settlement from insurance on car but local car dealers were charging 10k over list price and getting it. At least there suv is fine thinking of going to another state to buy a car. There removing 4 ft of dry wall from first story which is the majority of his house. 

When our shore house was flooded by hurricane Sandy the insurance company tried to tell us they would cover removal of 4 ft of drywall (which was about 6 or 8 inches higher than the water marks).      We said No way and demanded they cover removal of all sheetrock and insulation as we did not want to risk having mold issues behind the walls.   After some back and forth with the insurance adjuster they agreed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have heard that about the steak and plan to have one there.  Can you also order a pasta dish along with a steak?

Yes, I did that but they gave me an entree size pasta despite asking for a side... way too much.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

If Di could count the ones in a cemetery I might have 60. My closest ones are all gone. 

Without trying to seem morbid :In 2009 the President of the last company I worked for and a close friend died from Pancreatic Cancer.In 2013 my closest female friend died from Brain Cancer.In 2015 a friend died from Stomach Cancer.In 2017 my 41 year old nephew died from Brain Cancer,two long time friends died from Pancreatic Cancer and one from Lung Cancer.That same year I was very sick .I honestly believed that I was going to leave the planet.My family made me a Celebration of Life Party and asked for no gifts .Three friends who came to that party have since died,one from Covid,one from Brain and one from Lung Cancer.Yet I am still here.My life away from CC is not something to be desired.

• Like 4

@Sea Dog I can’t imagine driving that far in one go…you and your wife have more stamina than we do!  Our drives to Ft. Lauderdale would be 12 hours if we drove straight through but I don’t want to do that so we drive 6 hours one day, to Jacksonville, and then the other 6 the next day.

@jagsfan All our friends from when we moved here are gone as well.  I need to start making younger friends…

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 9/14/2022 at 12:04 PM, dani negreanu said:

"Inventory" 😘 --

@jagsfan, Mimi, how are you and Dick doing?

@singinalot, Crystal, how is your new work place?

@LucasLikesToCruise, long time no "sea" 🌷

On 10/8/2022 at 5:10 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

@LucasLikesToCruisewhat's new?   How is your Mom and pup?

Good evening everyone,  

I’ve been thinking about the best way to respond since Dani first asked about a month ago. I started to and deleted many replies.  Then when Sunshine asked I figured I would take a few minutes to myself, which I really haven’t had the past couple of months, and join the conversation again. 

The past couple of months have been really hectic and kept me quite busy and frustrated.  From the end of July to the last part of August I had to call EMS twice due to my moms Parkinson’s Disease Psychosis. For a little old lady (barely 5 foot tall on a good day) with dyskinesia from the Parkinson’s she sure could go from Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hyde with no warning.  During the second time in The hospital she was started on Nuplazid, which is specifically for the hallucinations and delusions of PDP.  Since it usually takes four weeks before the effects of Nuplazid are seen, the plan was for her to go to a rehab facility for a few weeks to help build up her strength again as well and work on the doses of her other Parkinson’s meds and Seroquel and Haldol to help with the delusions.  

She was in a good mood when I took her to the rehab place the first evening, she ate well and settled into bed alright.  Well, the next day when I went there, she was a totally different person.  I just didn’t know what else to do anymore, I was beyond frustrated and exhausted from taking care of her 24/7 the past few years.  I spoke with the case manager there about options.  I said I can do almost everything myself with  her at home except when she goes bat ***** crazy on me.  That’s I hated having to call 911 but didn’t have any other options at the time.  She suggested going with a Hospice/Palliative care regimen.  With that we would have all the support that I needed to take care of her at home.  Especially since the last scans showed that the lastest chemo treatments were no longer keeping the tumors in check.  The only other treatments for trip,e negative metastatic breast cancer is very aggressive, and her body wouldn’t tolerate it any longer.

So it’s been about two months now since we’ve started hospice, and she is slowly goi g down hill.  Seems everyday I notice her a bit slower with thinking, moving and talking.  It’s just the nature of the beast with Parkinson’s, dimentia and cancer.  So far the nurse comes twice a week and an aid comes twice a week to help with bathing so it doesn’t fall completely on me.  There are several others in the office for the case manager or social workers that call and check up on how I am doing with everything.  This is the first time in all the years that I have been taking care of her 24/7 that anyone (including family)has asked how I am doing or if there is anything they can do for me.  

Anyways, I didn’t want to this to be long and drawn out, but sometimes I just can’t shut up, maybe it’s because I only have Oliver to talk to on a daily basis for so long LOL.  And I thought that maybe if anyone else is going through that same sort of thing with their fa,I.y members that I could possibly help with any questions.  One thing I will say for sure, hospice is nothing like I thought it was.  

So, this has been my life the last few months.  Now that I have a chance to come up for air, I’ll be more likely to join in the regular conversations although I didn’t have any trips planned for obvious reason.😎

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Good evening everyone,  

I’ve been thinking about the best way to respond since Dani first asked about a month ago. I started to and deleted many replies.  Then when Sunshine asked I figured I would take a few minutes to myself, which I really haven’t had the past couple of months, and join the conversation again. 

The past couple of months have been really hectic and kept me quite busy and frustrated.  From the end of July to the last part of August I had to call EMS twice due to my moms Parkinson’s Disease Psychosis. For a little old lady (barely 5 foot tall on a good day) with dyskinesia from the Parkinson’s she sure could go from Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hyde with no warning.  During the second time in The hospital she was started on Nuplazid, which is specifically for the hallucinations and delusions of PDP.  Since it usually takes four weeks before the effects of Nuplazid are seen, the plan was for her to go to a rehab facility for a few weeks to help build up her strength again as well and work on the doses of her other Parkinson’s meds and Seroquel and Haldol to help with the delusions.  

She was in a good mood when I took her to the rehab place the first evening, she ate well and settled into bed alright.  Well, the next day when I went there, she was a totally different person.  I just didn’t know what else to do anymore, I was beyond frustrated and exhausted from taking care of her 24/7 the past few years.  I spoke with the case manager there about options.  I said I can do almost everything myself with  her at home except when she goes bat ***** crazy on me.  That’s I hated having to call 911 but didn’t have any other options at the time.  She suggested going with a Hospice/Palliative care regimen.  With that we would have all the support that I needed to take care of her at home.  Especially since the last scans showed that the lastest chemo treatments were no longer keeping the tumors in check.  The only other treatments for trip,e negative metastatic breast cancer is very aggressive, and her body wouldn’t tolerate it any longer.

So it’s been about two months now since we’ve started hospice, and she is slowly goi g down hill.  Seems everyday I notice her a bit slower with thinking, moving and talking.  It’s just the nature of the beast with Parkinson’s, dimentia and cancer.  So far the nurse comes twice a week and an aid comes twice a week to help with bathing so it doesn’t fall completely on me.  There are several others in the office for the case manager or social workers that call and check up on how I am doing with everything.  This is the first time in all the years that I have been taking care of her 24/7 that anyone (including family)has asked how I am doing or if there is anything they can do for me.  

Anyways, I didn’t want to this to be long and drawn out, but sometimes I just can’t shut up, maybe it’s because I only have Oliver to talk to on a daily basis for so long LOL.  And I thought that maybe if anyone else is going through that same sort of thing with their fa,I.y members that I could possibly help with any questions.  One thing I will say for sure, hospice is nothing like I thought it was.  

So, this has been my life the last few months.  Now that I have a chance to come up for air, I’ll be more likely to join in the regular conversations although I didn’t have any trips planned for obvious reason.😎

Lucas who likes to cruise, I am sending you a big hug. A lot of prayers. A lot of comforting vibes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Good evening everyone,  

So sorry to read about all you’ve been dealing with.  I hope the assistance of the hospice team is giving you the support you need, they are truly amazing people.  I also hope you’ll continue to join in here for a bit of distraction, entertainment and encouragement.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1