Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Great weekend for Philadelphia :

Phillies beat the Cardinals 2 Games to Zero to advance

Eagles beat the Cardinals 20- 17 to remain the only undefeated team in the NFL 5-0

Now to cap off the weekend, A Mets lost against the Padres  tonight would be icing on the cake ! 🙂

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

Took a few Pictures today/tonight when riding our Golf cart around up in the fields behind our house.

20221009_133401.jpg

This picture is from up on the hills behind our house toward the back of our house.

20221009_133633.jpg

Little further up and over the hills behind our house is a pond I fish in. This pond is fed from  rain water that drains down off the mountain.

20221009_133816.jpg

20221009_133823.jpg

This is one of the many tractors the farmer uses to bail up the straw/hay from the field. He actually got to cut it twice this year.

20221009_134444.jpg

Took this picture about  30 minutes ago just after dusk. You can see some of those mountains over to the right. That is South of us toward North Carolina.

The house you see in the picture  on the other side of the lot that is for sale right next to us.  you can see our house and My pickup truck under the green leafed tree in the lower right corner of the picture.

687050355.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 18

35 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Great weekend for Philadelphia :

Phillies beat the Cardinals 2 Games to Zero to advance

Eagles beat the Cardinals 20- 17 to remain the only undefeated team in the NFL 5-0

Now to cap off the weekend, A Mets lost against the Padres  tonight would be icing on the cake ! 🙂

I went to HS with a guy who had a pretty good NBA career playing in Philadelphia .I rooted for his team except when they played the Knicks.

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

People in here are mean?  Nahhhhhh

I don't think anyone here is mean,  at least not on purpose.  Opinionated and stubborn maybe, strong maybe, even a hard yes, but not mean.  Gotta laugh at some of the silly back and forth quite often.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Hey, I'm very flexible and quick to agree when wrong. This is just silly

Don't get me wrong, I very much enjoy the spirited debates. I was just throwing my unsolicited 2 cents in. 🙂

Been travelling the last few days so catching up again.  Still have family in the NJ/PA area so nice to have our lake house to be able to stay at.  Was up there last week in the raining, cold weather.  Stopped at DDs house in Virginia on the way back to visit with the grandkids, now back.

The weather didn't cooperate for fall foliage but here is a pic from before we left, sun was so bright obscured the whole picture, had to use the tree.

IMG_20221009_194305.thumb.jpg.b8e51286916a1ddf94fd3d38901bfd74.jpg

Had to pull out the coats for this trip. Now back in the warmth, definitely a warm weather girl.

@dani negreanu. Happy Birthday to your grandson, great picture.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our Canadian friends

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

Jimbo, the angles in that picture make your house look as though it's got some problems.  😁

Not sure what you mean(the road in front of the house goes up the hill) but house is level.......................I think the NY Mets have more problems though right now then my house.

Padres 4-0  5th inning

Edited by Jimbo

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

@HBE4 Could you give me an idea of how far back you wrote about your long car trip with your step cat?  Wanted to read it again…I may have a long drive with two 🙀🙀

My trip down to Houston started end of July or more specifically, post# 67,222 which can be found on page # 2689. I was there for almost 2 weeks and posted randomly.

But I’m pretty sure you are interested on the Cat-trip back. It was post# 68,297 (page 2732) where I introduced Leonard the Cat to Dani’s thread. Post #68,314 (page 2733) is where I asked for advice on long distance travel and received some excellent feedback in the following pages. That would have been August 9th.  The road trip back was over 3 days. I’ll let you take it from there.🙂

The first hour or three, he was not happy. Howled a lot. We kept him in the pet carrier in the back seat & my step daughter sat back there with him.  After several hours, he settled in nicely. Stayed in the pet carrier the whole time even though it was wide open & he could've wandered all over the inside of the car. 

And good luck!  How long of a drive?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Been travelling the last few days so catching up again.  Still have family in the NJ/PA area so nice to have our lake house to be able to stay at.  Was up there last week in the raining, cold weather.  Stopped at DDs house in Virginia on the way back to visit with the grandkids, now back.

The weather didn't cooperate for fall foliage but here is a pic from before we left, sun was so bright obscured the whole picture, had to use the tree.

IMG_20221009_194305.thumb.jpg.b8e51286916a1ddf94fd3d38901bfd74.jpg

Had to pull out the coats for this trip. Now back in the warmth, definitely a warm weather girl.

@dani negreanu. Happy Birthday to your grandson, great picture.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our Canadian friends

That picture is worthy of a Thomas Kincaid painting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

.I think the NY Mets have more problems though right now then my house.

Padres 4-0  5th inning

It's hard for the Mets to score with zero hits & walks. Is a possible perfect game about to happen?

EDIT: Of course, as soon as I hit the post button, the Mets finally get a hit.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Not sure what you mean(the road in front of the house goes up the hill) but house is level.......................I think the NY Mets have more problems though right now then my house.

Padres 4-0  5th inning

As Yogi Berra often said “It’s not over till its over”.

2 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

It’s Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. I have a turkey in the oven, and everything is ready to go in the oven once the turkey is out. 

I am very thankful to be comfortably situated. 

Happy Thanksgiving! 

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our Canadian friends.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

It's hard for the Mets to score with zero hits & walks. Is a possible perfect game about to happen?

EDIT: Of course, as soon as I hit the post button, the Mets finally get a hit.

If the Mets lose this game,  It all comes back to being Buck's fault. Sent the wrong message to his team by not starting deGrom in the first game and taking control of the series.

He was telling his team  not to worry about the Padres, we are just worrying about gearing up for the Dodgers series in the next round.

That could turn out into a huge mistake!

Now Buck just walked on to the field starting *****, this is BS. OMG, checking  the Musgrove's  ears........how crazy. Buck is a Joke !

Edited by Jimbo

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Regarding wearing a scarf, I also don't like covering my nose even when it's bitter cold outside.  Except when I'm skiing & it's cloudy, windy and single digit temperatures. Or if I'm clearing the driveway during a blizzard .

But I haven't skied in 10 years and now I wait until the snow has stopped falling before snowplowing/shoveling so, yeah, I never cover my nose. 🙂

+1

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If the Mets lose this game,  It all comes back to being Buck's fault. Sent the wrong message to his team by not starting deGrom in the first game and taking control of the series.

He was telling his team  not to worry about the Padres, we are just worrying about gearing up for the Dodgers series in the next round.

That could turn out into a huge mistake!

Now Buck just walked on to the field starting *****, this is BS. OMG, checking  the Musgrove's  ears........how crazy. Buck is a Joke !

I think that was the Umpires decision to check the ears.If Buck believes that Musgrove was using an illegal substance he had the right to play the rest of the game under protest.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Took a few Pictures today/tonight when riding our Golf cart around up in the fields behind our house.

20221009_133401.jpg

This picture is from up on the hills behind our house toward the back of our house.

20221009_133633.jpg

Little further up and over the hills behind our house is a pond I fish in. This pond is fed from  rain water that drains down off the mountain.

20221009_133816.jpg

20221009_133823.jpg

This is one of the many tractors the farmer uses to bail up the straw/hay from the field. He actually got to cut it twice this year.

20221009_134444.jpg

Took this picture about  30 minutes ago just after dusk. You can see some of those mountains over to the right. That is South of us toward North Carolina.

The house you see in the picture  on the other side of the lot that is for sale right next to us.  you can see our house and My pickup truck under the green leafed tree in the lower right corner of the picture.

687050355.jpg

I see the leaves are starting to turn in your part of the state.  We're probably a month behind you here in SE Virginia.  Also, love the picture of the Hunter's Moon you saw tonight.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Update on our Sunday project. 

Garden beds:

Wood cut to precise pieces using ruler and circular saw——-no boo boos

Corner support blocks cut with hand held battery operated chain saw—— no boo boos

(Big guns)

Wood and all needed supplies carried out to garden. Lovely spouse (me) assisted - no boo boos

Hammering begun. ***k. Screws to long. 
Yup

Off to Lowes. 

Lunch 

Round 2 

Got screws.   Proper size. Got portable drill. **it. Should have charged it.  “ I did not think I needed it “. 

Cleaned up man cave. 

Drill charged. 
Screws screwed like they are supposed to. 

Job complete. 

Yup. No boo boos. 

Clean up time. 
Bring power tools back to basement. Safe place. 

Finished watching Dolphins lose😜

Shower time. 

Wonder what his potent potable will be?

Canadian Club. 7-up and Marciano cherries. 

Before and after pictures. 

D2785DD6-E91D-455F-BEDA-D5819A2F1ADB.thumb.jpeg.a765f7362118910fff496139d902ba87.jpeg

A99E06CC-C154-4AF1-88B5-044D09831F16.thumb.jpeg.3de2a83e7b53bec3ff2ed950574a925f.jpeg

At least first aid supplies well stocked. 

Next project putting new work bench together in man cave.  It came with directions. Hope they are used. 

E02DCEA3-6726-441C-ACDA-85D2BE1CE790.thumb.jpeg.792b63a5566d3cb345dc25792e20a142.jpeg

The beds look great!  

Edited by Sunshine3601

48 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

And good luck!  How long of a drive?

About five hours.  I used to take my cat to the beach (similar length drive) when I was in my teens…I remember she just curled up on my lap.  I have no idea what I did when I got where I was going since I didn’t have a carrier.  When you’re young you don’t worry about as many things as we adults do.  I adopted these cats to help me thru lockdown…I thought that was bad…then I lost all my family the next year and they got me through that as well.  I need to do my best for them.

When I took them to the vet this year Minnie was so frantic she ripped three claws off clawing at the metal grid of her carrier.  So I bought a soft sided one.  I plan on sedatives…and my husband in the back seat to let them out if necessary.  It’s possible, as I remember from your posts, that they’ll just go to sleep if they’re out and with one of us.

I will go back and read what you wrote and thank you so much for giving me the page/post information!  😸

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Really busy weekend here but the weather has been absolutely gorgeous. Our oldest DD is up from PA by herself. She has work meetings in RI all week, her employer’s corporate office is here. All three DD’s ran a half marathon this morning in Newport. As we were crossing the Newport Bridge on our way to cheer them on near the finish line, I spotted this in Newport Harbor. I think it’s Princess ship? Also a picture of my girls (and youngest GDD).  F6D0E6CA-0D64-410D-B167-25D40514A8F7.thumb.jpeg.595c54aa144adfab8321352e951cc224.jpeg

F4DF7BA3-99DC-4D2E-B34B-BAFAF9775F24.thumb.jpeg.b3426f7dea99f0f4a234fa5344f6ac51.jpeg

And here’s one for @Ocean Boy, the little lighthouse off the Jamestown Bridge. 
ED8A7F83-633B-413A-A1D8-52887C296DBA.thumb.jpeg.3b805d55266313c6d75d7bd25d1b3b4a.jpeg

You have a beautiful family🥰

• Thanks 1