Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

37 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

we eventually found him under our large rack shelving that houses all my Christmas stuff.

Somehow I don’t believe “large rack” could possibly describe storage large enough for your Christmas stuff.  Do you mean in addition to your storage units?  😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Mets will definitely win today.Next stop will be sunny California to take on the Dodgers and their honorary soon to be 87 year old Coach ,a Brooklyn guy named Koufax.

From your lips to God’s ears!  Former NJ girl here — Mets were always on the TV - starting in 1962!!  Katherine 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

From your lips to God’s ears!  Former NJ girl here — Mets were always on the TV - starting in 1962!!  Katherine 

We are going to my misguided nephews wedding next Saturday, I am giving him many photos from his younger years and he had a met T-shirt and hat he was raised in New Jersey also. He did have some sense he liked my idea of waiting until 40 to get married and not having any children. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Somehow I don’t believe “large rack” could possibly describe storage large enough for your Christmas stuff.  Do you mean in addition to your storage units?  😜

True. This is most of it even though you don't really see the animated trees in the back.

Xmas.thumb.jpeg.6458f67bc18e68cc415c017163f3e3d6.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Regarding wearing a scarf, I also don't like covering my nose even when it's bitter cold outside.  Except when I'm skiing & it's cloudy, windy and single digit temperatures. Or if I'm clearing the driveway during a blizzard .

But I haven't skied in 10 years and now I wait until the snow has stopped falling before snowplowing/shoveling so, yeah, I never cover my nose. 🙂

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

It was a very good night for the Phillies. Their pitching really kept their Number 2, 3 and 4 hitters off stride. They were just 3 for 23. That was the difference.

Now on to the Braves, Phillies have to take 1 of the first 2 in Atlanta I believe to have a chance. Much rather play the Braves then the Mets. Season series was close with the Braves, very one sided with the Mets.

Braves took the season series 11-8 but only scored a total of 3 more runs over the 19 games.

This might be a move evenly matched series than their records indicate with a few games going either way based on a lucky bounce of the ball.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Mets will probably win today. I think I am 0-3 picking so far. 🤣🤣

I think I posted this before but I always thought the wild-card rounds (or 1st rounds) of any sport are the most exciting based on their unpredictability and the occasional upset. 

Having said that, a 3 game series is a little too short. One lucky win and a team is a halfway to a sweep while the other is facing elimination. Should be at least a 5 game series and go back to a 154 game regular season so the playoffs don't stretch into November.

Hoping your last prediction comes true,🙂

• Like 2

Good evening.

After my flu jab and new Moderna booster vaccine on Thursday afternoon I developed a headache for several hours on Friday and slept for 12 hours.

We had a quiet day on Saturday.

We had a nice church service this morning.

We were first in so I took this photo from where we regularly sit.

I hope everyone is well.

IMG_20221009_120020.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Ok, now I need some iPhone help, because this is disturbing!!!

I usually have several tabs open in Safari, and switch between them.  I can’t figure how it arrives at the thumbnail to display, because it is never the last place on the thread I visited.  

Now for the disturbing part. I open up my tab sheet, and I see this. 

425589EE-9FDB-45D0-BD6F-3DFDA0FF88E2.thumb.png.4b2263b506a7632b3f9d7c8f303e27e7.png

Susan is looking over my shoulder, and sees the upper right tab, and asks why there is a pin up boy on that one?😏😬

It must be because @Yorkvillain is using it as his wall paper now 🤣🤣

• Haha 23

30 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Whatever, they still exist. Not sure of the direction you are headed

I feel like this debate has reached the "An unstoppable force has hit an unmovable object" stage of the argument. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

56 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I usually have several tabs open in Safari, and switch between them.  I can’t figure how it arrives at the thumbnail to display, because it is never the last place on the thread I visited.  

425589EE-9FDB-45D0-BD6F-3DFDA0FF88E2.thumb.png.4b2263b506a7632b3f9d7c8f303e27e7.png

Susan is looking over my shoulder, and sees the upper right tab, and asks why there is a pin up boy on that one?😏😬

My advice…press the X in the upper right corner of Andrew’s picture. Press it really hard and over and over again just to be safe. Unless of course you prefer to take the @Yorkvillain route and make it your wallpaper. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. 

• Haha 6

25 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I feel like this debate has reached the "An unstoppable force has hit an unmovable object" stage of the argument. 😉

Hey, I'm very flexible and quick to agree when wrong. This is just silly

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

🤣Pin up boy!

• Like 1

Really busy weekend here but the weather has been absolutely gorgeous. Our oldest DD is up from PA by herself. She has work meetings in RI all week, her employer’s corporate office is here. All three DD’s ran a half marathon this morning in Newport. As we were crossing the Newport Bridge on our way to cheer them on near the finish line, I spotted this in Newport Harbor. I think it’s Princess ship? Also a picture of my girls (and youngest GDD).  F6D0E6CA-0D64-410D-B167-25D40514A8F7.thumb.jpeg.595c54aa144adfab8321352e951cc224.jpeg

F4DF7BA3-99DC-4D2E-B34B-BAFAF9775F24.thumb.jpeg.b3426f7dea99f0f4a234fa5344f6ac51.jpeg

And here’s one for @Ocean Boy, the little lighthouse off the Jamestown Bridge. 
ED8A7F83-633B-413A-A1D8-52887C296DBA.thumb.jpeg.3b805d55266313c6d75d7bd25d1b3b4a.jpeg

• Like 19