Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I figure I would ask the most knowledgeable people I know, my daughter just came back from a cruise and did not book another cruise on board but now of course wants to book another one, can she call and ask for the onboard special as she just came back, I thought that you had a week to do that but might wishful thinking.

19 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

My daughter's house in NJ has a septic tank but I have no idea where it's located on her property.  This is her property looking out from the front of the house.  Back property is built weird.  Since the house is on a corner, there is a driveway all around the back and side of the house with access from both streets.

image.thumb.jpeg.08627856138c0379fd036d5788b61736.jpeg

Have her go in the basement and look for a 6 inch white plastic pipe going through one of the exterior walls..............Pretty good bet the septic is straight out from that.

Sounds like the tank that holds the solids is covered over with a few inches of soil and grass. Out from that would be your leach fields for the grey water.

How long as she lived there, might be time for a pump out.

City water or a well, if a well the septic will not be near that either.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It is weird that your phone is still not working.   I know you mentioned you turned it off and turned it back on.  Have you tried closing all your apps on the phone and reopening.   Also maybe try the Firefox browser.   That worked for some of us even before things were worked out with the other browsers. 

Tried closing all the apps, still nothing. Will try Firefox but so far Safari and Chrome stalling at the log in. Very frustrating. Thanks for your suggestions.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Tried closing all the apps, still nothing. Will try Firefox but so far Safari and Chrome stalling at the log in. Very frustrating. Thanks for your suggestions.

I finally got logged out this morning, and experienced issues everyone else  has been having, so I cleared cookies.  When I tried logging in with my screen name, it said no. Google also showed   my email address, and that worked. I am Windows 11 laptop with the Google chrome browser.

50 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I hope I am not bugging you to much.  Sometimes problem solving becomes a mission.  😆 

Since yesterday many have been on the help board discussing this.  Here is how one got safari to work.  His quote…….

"Clear your website data for Cruise Critic. Settings>Safari>Advanced>Website Data then delete the Cruise Critic data. I was able to log in after doing that on my iPad. "

It seemed to help others.  Others clearly said to clear just Cruise Critic stuff so you don’t have problems with other websites.

Good luck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Last time we had a septic tank conversation, it reminded me it was time to get mine pumped.  That was like 2 months ago and of course, I did nothing. Coincidentally, yesterday I got a 2nd reminder in the mail from my septic company.  I wonder if the universe is trying to tell me something. 😉

Here's another reminder: Get it pumped!

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Have her go in the basement and look for a 6 inch white plastic pipe going through one of the exterior walls..............Pretty good bet the septic is straight out from that.

Sounds like the tank that holds the solids is covered over with a few inches of soil and grass. Out from that would be your leach fields for the grey water.

How long as she lived there, might be time for a pump out.

City water or a well, if a well the septic will not be near that either.

Thanks for the info.  She probably knows.  I don't.  I never had houses or lived near any that had septic tanks, so this is totally foreign to me.

8 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Here's another reminder: Get it pumped!

Thanks for the info.  She probably knows.  I don't.  I never had houses or lived near any that had septic tanks, so this is totally foreign to me.

My parents depended on a septic system until the town ran sewers down their road. When I bought land for my house I only considered lots that had sewer and natural gas lines in the street.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Last time we had a septic tank conversation, it reminded me it was time to get mine pumped.  That was like 2 months ago and of course, I did nothing. Coincidentally, yesterday I got a 2nd reminder in the mail from my septic company.  I wonder if the universe is trying to tell me something. 😉

Better a letter in the mail, than sewage backup a backup in the lowest point in the house such as a shower or tub. 🤢

• Like 4

Good evening.

We called at the memoriam room at the crematorium to read today's memory books on my late mam's memory.

Afterwards we went to the beach car park with a picnic then to a nearby garden centre to see the Christmas decorations and Reindeer.

IMG_20221102_101713.jpg

IMG_20221102_121850.jpg

IMG_20221102_122001.jpg

• Like 19

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

My cable company is having a dispute with the MSG network and has dropped it so I can't watch any Rangers games at home, unless its on ESPN.

Fortunately,  there is a local watering hole that has Direct TV. It's a cool little place, typical dive bar food - $8 special will get you a cheeseburger, fries and one draft beer as long as it's Bud or Bud Light. 😑 But you really don't go for the food. Staff is super friendly, drinks are cold and strong, all the locals seem to know each other. The best part: It's within walking distance of home. 👍

I'm not a regular, usually only go a few times a year, but that might change now. Especially on Ranger game nights. 😊

There is always the radio .I grew up listening to the Rangers on the radio as well as the Knicks.

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I hope your niece has mild symptoms.  I think by now almost everyone I know had covid.  Glad for the most part the symptoms are like a bad cold.  Jack and I were fortunate to have mild cold symptoms.

Nearly everyone we know has had Covid even a niece who is an MD .Everyone in her family has had it .

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

To further Jimbo’s comments sometimes the previous homeowner has a septic bed map in the basement near where the pipe exits the home. Would be in pencil on the wall or occasionally on a truss if it is an unfinished basement. 

In the summer if the tank is under a few inches of soil the lawn will brown out and die when it is hot with no rain. It will be very distinctive and usually not far from the edge of the house where it exits.

Looks like this, thanks to Google images. 

739D36D2-CACE-459E-9B3F-73F45FC05AB7.webp.ec4abc0ff1ab5214a7688cfb4d88817e.webp

It could also have plastic lids like this.

653BE951-B1FE-4484-A1B4-5B7F9F3ABCFE.jpeg.ee01eecf0dafd95190b721a17dd3e097.jpeg

To find the weeping bed the lawn is usually extra green when dry or extra dead depending on the material that surrounds it. The guy who designed our system designed this one below for a a building with over 136 people. It was a dry summer but you can the green areas on the lawn where the moisture from the beds makes the lawn greener. The corn field above is suffering from the head and lack of rain. 

276AA2A8-7290-4A29-A365-FBE0123DD159.thumb.jpeg.15429ddfa48e41024629f5cc8d108b40.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

To further Jimbo’s comments sometimes the previous homeowner has a septic bed map in the basement near where the pipe exists the home. Would be in pencil on the wall or occasionally on a truss if it is an unfinished basement. 

In the summer if the tank is under a few inches of soil the lawn will brown out and die when it is hot with no rain. It will be very distinctive and usually not far from the edge of the house where it exits.

Looks like this, thanks to Google images. 

739D36D2-CACE-459E-9B3F-73F45FC05AB7.webp.ec4abc0ff1ab5214a7688cfb4d88817e.webp

It could also have plastic lids like this.

653BE951-B1FE-4484-A1B4-5B7F9F3ABCFE.jpeg.ee01eecf0dafd95190b721a17dd3e097.jpeg

To find the weeping bed the lawn is usually extra green when dry or extra dead depending on the material that surrounds it. The guy who designed our system designed this one below for a a building with over 136 people. It was a dry summer but you can the green areas on the lawn where the moisture from the beds makes the lawn greener. The corn field above is suffering from the head and lack of rain. 

276AA2A8-7290-4A29-A365-FBE0123DD159.thumb.jpeg.15429ddfa48e41024629f5cc8d108b40.jpeg

+1

Our leach field looks like the last picture during a dry period here during the summer.

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

He can hopefully start working on that in a few days. 😁

Phillies hitters looked like they  were  playing  in  Men's League playing Slo-Pitch Softball with all the junk the Houston Pitcher was throwing in a Home Run Contest

Yesterday morning a guy who is on a sports show on TV said that in his opinion the guys on his HS baseball team fielded better that the Phillies.

Maybe they heard that because their two corner outfielders have been looking like gold glove fielders.

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yesterday morning a guy who is on a sports show on TV said that in his opinion the guys on his HS baseball team fielded better that the Phillies.

Maybe they heard that because their two corner outfielders have been looking like gold glove fielders.

Phillies have been holding their own on defense during the playoffs, that is what counts now. Everything before this doesn't matter now................Wonder what Keith Hernandez  the Mets Broadcaster thinks now about the Phillies defense, guess he is sitting home now with the rest of the  Mets Players. 🙂

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Phillies have been holding their own on defense during the playoffs, that is what counts now. Everything before this doesn't matter now................Wonder what Keith Hernandez  the Mets Broadcaster thinks now, guess he is sitting home now with the rest of the  Mets Players. 🙂

He said that he was going to be rooting for the Phillies in the WS.

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

I finally got logged out this morning, and experienced issues everyone else  has been having, so I cleared cookies.  When I tried logging in with my screen name, it said no. Google also showed   my email address, and that worked. I am Windows 11 laptop with the Google chrome browser.

52 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I hope I am not bugging you to much.  Sometimes problem solving becomes a mission.  😆 

Since yesterday many have been on the help board discussing this.  Here is how one got safari to work.  His quote…….

"Clear your website data for Cruise Critic. Settings>Safari>Advanced>Website Data then delete the Cruise Critic data. I was able to log in after doing that on my iPad. "

It seemed to help others.  Others clearly said to clear just Cruise Critic stuff so you don’t have problems with other websites.

Good luck.

Finally after clearing out not only browsing history but data from Safari and Chrome I was finally able to log in. A couple of times it still did not let me log in. I got this weird log in error.

IMG_0003.thumb.png.885491de4d08016937d9521022344130.png

IMG_0004.thumb.png.0a0bf3c52e6c0e7337bedf26baf6adf7.png

I have no idea what the bot detection challenge is. I hope I can stay logged on. Thank you all for your valuable help. I really appreciate you.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

He said that he was going to be rooting for the Phillies in the WS.

During the season there was a couple series that Keith refused to do Mets/Phillies games because he couldn't stand watching the Phillies defense.

5 hours ago, Paul from Maryland said:

My morning show on ESPN says the Phillies often knew what type of pitch the Houston guy was throwing.  His arm motion and the way he angled the glove were "tells."  

I think they said the Houston pitcher gave up 5 homers last night, they said he had no home runs in his last 500 pitches.

Edit: The pitch on the right is an off speed pitch.  The leg kick is higher but what the batters would see is the higher position of the glove.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Went to the beach and took some pictures when I couldn't really see my screen in the bright daylight. Got home and found a bunch of selfies because the front camera was selected.🙄🙄🙄🙄

And if your accidental selfies look anything like mine, you're probably squinting, frowning, eyebrows furrowed and otherwise looking like your severely constipated. 😂

• Haha 9

59 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Wonder what Keith Hernandez  the Mets Broadcaster thinks now about the Phillies defense, guess he is sitting home now with the rest of the  Mets Players.

Just using your post as a jumping off point for a rant, I know it's not an uncommon thing for ex-athlete to become commentator/broadcaster, either for their home town team network or a "neutral network"  like ESPN, TBS, MLB Channel, etc.  But many of them still let their team biases & jealously shine through. 

For example, Pedro Martinez (ex-Boston Red Sox pitcher for those that don't follow baseball) was positively gleeful when the Yankees were eliminated this year, acting like a 13 year old sore winner by chanting "Whose your Daddy Now"? I guess he's still butt-hurt from the 'Whose your Daddy" chants the Yankee fans gave him when he blew an important playoff game way back in 2003.  Way to hold a grudge!  Side-Note: That chant started because Pedro himself called the Yankees his daddy.

This is not all athletes-turned-broadcaster as many can give their expert insight in  clear and neutral way without the team bias.

End Rant

• Like 3