Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

48 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Ours is cast iron with a PVC repair, you can see the section that was repaired on the video from the camera scoping.  That area is already narrower because of the repair and since it is PVC, they can't use the big cutter as it could get stuck in the PVC and then we would have a huge issue.  If they try to line the whole thing, it will be even narrower and likely will still be an issue.  We have been told that they would need to trench and replace from house all the way past the issue.  The house sits on a hill, with a stone wall that they would have to go under or remove a section.  The wall is long, close to 100 ft long and about 3 ft at the shortest and 12 ft at the highest.  Taking out the middle section could cause the whole thing to just tumble according to my mason.  The sewer line replacement and wall rebuild would top $100K.  I really wish it could be lined.

WOW Mema. ☺️ I researched sewer lines and didn't even come across cast iron sewer pipes! I thought our CA clay lines sounded chintzy. (As in no wonder they break, crack and have root intrusion) But most of the new ones here are PVC. The sewer utility (that I used to inspect) insisted the clay ones are "the best" 

Massachusetts has such old and interesting things. I can see why it would not be such an easy fix where you are. How old is your house? And it would probably be horribly expensive to replace them. Bill and I are kind of fascinated by that. It will be something to ask about that if we move to the southeast. My apologies. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

This happened today here. Thanks @Sea Dog for driving Lisa and I to get new phones. 

IMG_5774.MOV 12.03 MB · 3 downloads  

I sure hope you like yours as much as I like mine. The camera is incredible. What did you get for storage? I hope you got the 1TB. I did and you will need it with shooting 4K and shooting in Raw 48mp. Let me know what you think of it after you play around with it. 

7 minutes ago, Coralc said:

WOW Mema. ☺️ I researched sewer lines and didn't even come across cast iron sewer pipes! I thought our CA clay lines sounded chintzy. (As in no wonder they break, crack and have root intrusion) But most of the new ones here are PVC. The sewer utility (that I used to inspect) insisted the clay ones are "the best" 

Massachusetts has such old and interesting things. I can see why it would not be such an easy fix where you are. How old is your house? And it would probably be horribly expensive to replace them. Bill and I are kind of fascinated by that. It will be something to ask about that if we move to the southeast. My apologies. 

You must be young then, cast iron pipe is all we used when I used to work with my Father who had Plumbing and Heating Business. Now this was probably 50 years ago.

The fittings were sealed with  Oakum and Hot Lead.

Play the whole video from the beginning.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cast+iron+pipe+filled+with+lead&oq=cast+iron+pipe+filled+with+lead&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160l3j33i22i29i30l4.12171j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:947b0161,vid:RnCwChSBqFA,st:54

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

Add me to the list of people who haven't watched Walking Dead.  Do I get partial credit because a friend and her son are friends with many of the cast members from Walking Dead, though?  The son was in a photo shoot of children dressed as WD characters, and since then they've gone to lots of conventions / panels / cos-play events with the actors.

(but yes, I have seen Game of Thrones, multiple times, beginning to crappy end)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Just remember that last night you rooted against a team from Philadelphia 😀

Not true. I've been cheering on the Phillies since the start.  But I can see why you thought that & understand the confusion. I had a tongue-in-cheek post about last nights 7-0 Philly win being a snore-fest.  That was a not a knock on Philly, just my attempt at sarcasm. Proving, once again, that sarcasm does not translate will on Internet forums.

Go Phillies!!  I'm okay with the teams alternating wins as that works in Philly's favor.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Did you watch Tales of the Walking Dead .? I like some of it.

I did. I enjoyed the episode with Terry Crews and the one with the 2 lady co-workers that kept having a "Groundhog Day" moment.  The one with the guy studying wildlife was okay. Didn't like the haunted house one or the one with the guy that lost his memory.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

You must be young then, cast iron pipe is all we used when I used to work with my Father who had Plumbing and Heating Business. Now this was probably 50 years ago.

The fittings were sealed with  Oakum and Hot Lead.

Play the whole video from the beginning.

Thanks. I'm sure there are lots of places with cast iron sewer pipes. 

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Please tell me you've at least watched Game of Thrones?

I think we saw a couple of episodes on a free AT&T preview weekend. It was kind of gory. I like George R.R. Martin as an author. I have the series GOT books downloaded but I was kind of bored with the old English dialogue. I may try and pick it up again.

He is the author of many great books, "Fevre Dream" is one of my all-time favorite books, and one of the best vampire books I have ever read. ☺️

Edited by Coralc

47 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Thanks. I'm sure there are lots of places with cast iron sewer pipes. 

I kind of assumed that's what ours was, until we had to look into having it replaced. Who thinks of having CLAY sewer pipes leading away from a house? It reminds me of flowerpots (But they are thicker). But I guess that is what was laid down here regionally in the 60's. 🤔 And we have earthquakes and ground shifting. :classic_rolleyes: I think the house connection under the toilets is still cast iron. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Have you ever lived???

Please tell me you've at least watched Game of Thrones?

Sorry, don't mean to be so dramatic. After 2 hours of leaf blowing and 3 hours of giving one of the bathrooms a very, very deep cleaning, the wine went straight to my head!  And made me a bit on the chatty side too, 😀

I think GOT and Walking Dead were my last “water cooler” shows.  Where we would watch one episode as it was released and then discuss in depth the next day and then desperately wait for the next episode.

ps im all for “chatty” Cheers 🥂🍷

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Today I was in Kirribilli, so decided to check out the Jacaranda street.  Knew the trees  were definitely in bloom when I saw the first of several photographers with long lenses and the council workers putting the “be road aware” type purple stickers on the footpaths next to the tree lined street.

11A4C4AD-073D-44AA-8030-D749507D69FB.thumb.png.1108f19a74b4270aed6f1cfe2f6f18a1.png

Love that the guy about to have his photo taken on the park bench with the Jacarandas behind him, wore a purple top for the occasion.F7B94308-C23E-491D-9763-4F64E937A2A1.thumb.jpeg.9db97757be0c37f42c32a5ac092b1390.jpeg

Then as I was taking a photo of the water, I saw a cruise ship cruising past heading towards Circular Quay which was weird as it was 11am.  The ships usually dock at OPT much earlier.

71E5AA68-DF94-487E-AE61-DD2E47105731.thumb.jpeg.62428d777b0301e91e66aee24bfee3c1.jpeg

Headed down to the waters edge to catch the ferry.

CABBE210-AF5D-402A-8E8D-D85D8603939B.thumb.png.bcddb45b3a64b6466ce3c6f3099cb1b9.png

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 17

56 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Remember,  fall forward,  spring back.  🤔 

Spring Forward, Fall Back...and it is Wednesday here, Thursday in AR. Not until Saturday night when we change the clocks.

And what beautiful photos @aussielozzie18 Jacaranda trees are gorgeous! It is so lovely to see yours as WE head into winter. ☺️

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Remember,  fall forward,  spring back.  🤔 

Something tells me you;re going to be 2 hours early for everything for the 6 months  And then 2 hours late.

Or vice-versa, my brain hurts. 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

Add me to the list of people who haven't watched Walking Dead.  Do I get partial credit because a friend and her son are friends with many of the cast members from Walking Dead, though?  The son was in a photo shoot of children dressed as WD characters, and since then they've gone to lots of conventions / panels / cos-play events with the actors.

(but yes, I have seen Game of Thrones, multiple times, beginning to crappy end)

Haven't watched Walking Dead or Game of Thrones!!

Tried the new GoT spin off and the LotR spin off on Amazon but struggling, and I love LotR. Read the books multiple times and loved Peter Jacksons trilogy 

• Like 3

After my meeting last night, I stopped and picked up supper, then a Powerball ticket.  The sky looked strange. 

A66F1463-364C-48A6-A4D3-C3D4D14D21CA.thumb.jpeg.7f2e6ae7f30c54e45c4b820bf591d05e.jpeg

Evidently it was an omen that I was not destined to win.  Not even one number.  

I need to do better at reading omens before the next drawing. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, HBE4 said:

No surprise. He's been in a few others as a flashback. And we know he has a spin-off series coming up set post-Walking Dead.

I did not know that fun fact. I guess she moved to England at a young age?

I didn't know about the spin off until last night on this thread😀

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I sure hope you like yours as much as I like mine. The camera is incredible. What did you get for storage? I hope you got the 1TB. I did and you will need it with shooting 4K and shooting in Raw 48mp. Let me know what you think of it after you play around with it. 

LOL, I haven’t even looked at the camera yet. Went with the 512 though.

Don’t gasp, I never shoot in Raw. It doesn’t really show better on CC.🤯😂

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3