Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 10/31/2022 at 6:22 PM, jagsfan said:

Tomorrow I’ll catch up again. 
Today I’ve been busy and part has been trying to binge watch Amazing Race to catch up on it now that it’s moved to 9pm instead of 10!

meanwhile, Happy Halloween from me and my DD’s cat Jasmine. 

EC8047B4-0A96-469F-A416-439FB29AA967.jpeg

Jasmine is beautiful.  My cats would never allow a hat.   Adorable😀

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Saw my Podiatrist today.  I now have to revert back to wearing the dreaded 'boot" every time I walk.  My ankle healed beautifully but the rest of my foot is finding difficulty becoming pain free because it's been non weight baring for 7 weeks.  Apparently, I'm not walking as I should, my gait is off which is causing pain. Have to suspend PT for the 2 weeks I have to wear the boot.  I'm going to pick up a "shoe extender" as I call it to put under my sneaker of my good foot so that both feet are equal in height so I can walk without limping.  

My ankle surgery was May 30 and I'm getting disheartened.  My femur bone surgery to repair a fracture was a piece of cake compared to this.

Next on the list; cataract surgery.  This is why I love reading the posts in here and looking at some awesome pictures.  Takes me away................

I hope all CC technical sign on issues are resolved soon.  Enough already!

So sorry to hear you are back to wearing the boot.  Positive thoughts and all will be fine.  Sending you a big hug🥰🦋

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, could not login at lunch time. Everything seems fine now.  I thought I might have had a misstep dancing in the minefields.

I tried to login on from work desktop while eating my lunch and thought I was either playing cc monopoly or work IT blocked me.  

All is fine on my samsung phone.  😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

My iPad is now working. Just talked to my sister her daughter needs a 5 hour operation using either two or three surgeons, she has had scores of operations this one is to replace a disk among other things. 

Sorry to hear this.  I hope her surgery is a success🙏

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@BonTexasNY So sorry to read that you are struggling and going backwards.  I sincerely hope things improve for you.

re:photos.  Although it’s a surprisingly chilly day here in Sydney today, we are heading into summer here and we have lots of weekend day walks on our list, , a week away in Nov, then December, then January and we have a NYE planned too, so hopefully my photos and everyone else’s here continue to be a distraction for you.

Thank you.  Your photos are always outstanding.

27 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

So sorry to hear you are back to wearing the boot.  Positive thoughts and all will be fine.  Sending you a big hug🥰🦋

Awwww thanks Debbie.  That hug made me smile. ☺️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

You would think they would have tested things out a little more to avoid these log in issues.

Don’t they know that old people hate change, and get easily annoyed?  

Said, by someone who thinks they care.😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know if you remember but about a week ago I asked for help with signing on, and having to logg on everytime I leave CC.

Still happening, but at least I can get on from all devices.

See there is a "green bar" on top of the page addressing the problem.

Be safe

Funny, I tried to log in at lunchtime while eating Chinese food in my Jeep Gladiator in a crappy park in the bad side of town from my Ipad.  I tried three times and got locked out.  2 hours later I got an email from CC saying my account had been locked because three failed attempts from somewhere in Michigan.  I was not using a VPN, and I was definitely not in Michigan.  Man they have issues.😆

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Almost finished with Grisham’s new book, The Boys from Biloxi.

Do you like it? I've got it on hold at the library, and usually like everything he writes.  I had a pretty good wait time until I accidentally cancelled all my holds. So now I'm at the tail end of the wait list. 

The past couple of weeks I've finished:

Simple Genius, The Target, 6:20 Man, all by Baldacci;

Trick of the Light by Louise Penny;

The Paris Bookseller (based on true story) by Kerri Maher;

For the Sake of Elena by Elizabeth George.

Currently reading First Family by Baldacci.

Recommend all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

At the moment it appears all is fixed.  If you are still having problems close your browsers in reopen.   This worked on my iPad and my original Samsung browser. 

Knowing CC the fix could be temporary. 

Still can't get logged on using my iPhone. Stalls mid way. Tried turning off and on, tried clearing history. Nothing works. I think the only reason I can post on here via my laptop is that I have kept the tabs open all night long.

1 hour ago, George C said:

Ok Seadog and you other bourbon lovers we have a friend celebrating his 60th and he loves bourbon, give me a good bourbon from 50 to 75 or so.

Here is some good ones.

E.H. Taylor Jr. Small Batch (If you can find it)

Old Forester 1920 Prohibition Style

Henry McKenna Single Barrel 10 Year Bottled-in-Bond

Woodford Reserve Double Oaked

Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve

Elijah Craig Small Batch

Wild Turkey Rare Breed Bourbon (highly recommend this)

Weller Special Reserve (if you can find it, this is fantastic)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Now that I'm posting on Edge again, I found that quite a few pages on here were omitted when viewing CC on Chrome.  I just now read all of your fun Halloween posts and most importantly, I now can wish @LuckynanaMaryann's sweet granddaughter Erin a Happy 21st birthday.  May she continue to be a shining light to your family.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Here is some good ones.

E.H. Taylor Jr. Small Batch (If you can find it)

Old Forester 1920 Prohibition Style

Henry McKenna Single Barrel 10 Year Bottled-in-Bond

Woodford Reserve Double Oaked

Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve

Elijah Craig Small Batch

Wild Turkey Rare Breed Bourbon (highly recommend this)

Weller Special Reserve (if you can find it, this is fantastic)

I thought this was a list of books. I read the entire list before I figured it out! 😄

I thought "if you can find it" meant No Longer in Print.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

10 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Bit of excitement at Taronga Zoo in Sydney this morning, five adult lions got out of their enclosure.  Zoo and surrounding suburb went into lockdown.  Thankfully lions were found within the zoo and returned safely to their enclosure with no injuries to them or any humans.

It made our BBC News this morning 

BBC News - Taronga Zoo: Five lions escape exhibit at Sydney zoo
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-63467137

• Like 2

My eldest grandchild who was born with bilateral club feet has reached a milestone of walking unaided at almost 18 months. He's doing so well and had brilliant treatment at St George's in London. 

He will still wear boots and braces at night for 12 hours until he's 5 years, but so happy with his progress 

• Like 14