Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just now, grapau27 said:

24.8°F is -4°C.

Yup.  That is cold.  Here is it very foggy, yet again.  The temperature is 61F.  I will be bringing out the sweaters and coats next weekend.  It will get down to 54F highs and 34F lows.  Brrr.  It will feel like Christmas, however.  

• Like 5

Disembarkment day😥

Just finished breakfast and going to hang out in the Via as long as possible.  Chris and Donna on their way to pick us up around 9 am.

We had a nice dinner at Chops last night.  Was empty.  They were not as busy as usual earlier in the week.   None of the specialty restaurants were busy this week.  Maybe due to their price increase.

Interesting fact we heard from our Head Waiter, just over 2000 passengers (about 50%) chose my time dining.   We saw some long lines some nights.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Hope all goes well with your appointment tomorrow, Graham. 

We had 39° F and rain this morning. 

My Monday will be spent as every Monday, getting my daughter to and from her cancer treatment appointments.  

Thank you Mark.

Sending your dear daughter our love and best wishes for her cancer treatment appointment's.

Graham.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

-4°C and sunny with a light dusting of snow here.

I have a hospital appointment tomorrow to get a couple of skin cancers removed from my face.☹️☹️

Best of luck with your procedures tomorrow, Graham.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

No swimming today though, as a crocodile had been spotted on the beach the day before and none of us had stinger suits.1006B94A-5A96-4A36-BE82-74D5756BD403.thumb.jpeg.431b1305d7ffc5565f3df7d9af6459f8.jpeg

13749E3B-1371-4B57-A876-B44C2A420C37.thumb.jpeg.6c631e6af50bc3b3a61835df5dad69ae.jpeg

566FB6A5-ECDA-44B3-BBA2-E2A3BA6FF692.thumb.jpeg.ef01a8a9d536c867efe0535c8361264d.jpeg

5EEA3696-4291-45AE-B3ED-57F28336484D.thumb.jpeg.a891f4f46ba4cc2346470a8bc939222c.jpeg

Do you know what is in this bottle to counteract the sting from jelly fish.................

I have read of "Man made" produced liquids.......🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We just cooked our last dinner in this house.  😢  Will eat out tomorrow night so we don’t have to do dishes.  Then Monday all our kitchen appliances etc will be packed up.  We can bring home takeout as we have dishes we’re not taking…but an end of an era. 

Hopefully a happy new beginning.

It's tough leaving your old life, but I think you will really enjoy life here.  This weekend was the Dickens on Centre festival.  Lots of fun.  We missed the Parade of Paws this year (someone else's video from last year), but it's a dog parade during the Dickens festival that benefits the local Humane Society.  This place is incredibly dog friendly...you may need to get a barking friend for your cats. 😉

Weather has been perfect lately...mid 70s and sunny.  Weeks like this is one of the big reasons that we moved here.  Here's a view from the golf course on Thursday.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Regarding cats and their “attractiveness,” I had adopted two cats at the start of covid.  One unexpectedly died three months later and in my grief I rushed to the shelter and took the first kitten the staff handed me.  That was my Minnie.  I often think how interesting it is that she’s the least attractive cat I’ve ever had…head too small for her ungainly body…fur rough not soft…but she is absolutely the sweetest cat I’ve ever had.  In my lap right now…after a night of sleeping on my pillow.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

What a beautiful cat.  

We have a bog standard tabby that we got from a shelter.  I said when we were getting her that ‘looks don’t matter’.     We got her at the start of the pandemic when visiting shelters was out of the question so we kind of just got what we were given.   Don’t tell my Princess Ninkasi but when I see other more upmarket cats I sort of wish we had been more selective.

You provided a home to a being that was in need of one. Good for you. No need to second guess your decision.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

you may need to get a barking friend for your cats. 😉

Our cats have just unfriended you…

Seriously, I know we will enjoy living there.  It’s just the stress of moving…making sure the movers don’t pack stuff we are leaving behind (a friend just told me on one move the movers boxed up her trash!) and then the biggie of the road trip with the girls.  I repeat my mantra of “This time next year…” meaning we’ll all be moved, the boxes will be unpacked, the house here will be sold and I can enjoy having a Publix practically next door!

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Yup.  That is cold.  Here is it very foggy, yet again.  The temperature is 61F.  I will be bringing out the sweaters and coats next weekend.  It will get down to 54F highs and 34F lows.  Brrr.  It will feel like Christmas, however.  

When it is in the 50's I still bike ride wearing shorts.🙂

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Good Morning.  I hope that you are keeping warm.  So worrying to hear about the very cold weather and all the concerns about fuel bills.  

I hope that all goes well tomorrow, especially that there are no cancellations.  

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Best wishes tomorrow.  

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Hope all goes well with your appointment tomorrow, Graham. 

We had 39° F and rain this morning. 

My Monday will be spent as every Monday, getting my daughter to and from her cancer treatment appointments.  

-4°C is about 25°F.  Still cold. 

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Best of luck with your procedures tomorrow, Graham.

13 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@grapau27 Graham, best wishes for your procedure tomorrow.  Hope all goes well.

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 6, Graham 🌼  @grapau27

Thank you all for your best wishes and kind thoughts.

Graham.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Mark, may I ask how is your daughter doing? Is she already in the "middle of the road" in regards to the protocol she's following? Any "mid-term results" so far?

She's always in my thoughts.

• Like 10

16 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We were also watching our grandkids for the last 4 days... First time their parents "took a break" from "parenting" and flew to Rome. Both have never been there.

We stayed at their home, and it was not easy. Since the eldest suffers from a serious allergy to nuts, we were under strict orders not to dine out with them.

So their grandpa made with them pizza on pita bread, and they enjoyed it very much.

image.thumb.jpeg.c9dbd37ca1361dd1d4a6e7a6458d270e.jpeg

Another day he improvised hamburgers on a toaster... When we told our son, he asked: "what next? pizza in a 'finjan' "?

We had a mini-crisis when the eldest broke down in tears when he saw his mom on video, missing her dearly. In hindsight, all the parties decided that it should have been better if the parents started with a 2 nights "disappearance" and not straight on with 5 nights, so that the kids will gradually adapt....

Besides this episode, they enjoyed their grandpa soft and comfy tummy 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.f48dbf5b367ae6daf7a7b811cea86f8a.jpeg

And, today, were very happy to get their parents back, with some gifts too 😁

image.thumb.jpeg.4172b07e71558b6ff245139733123554.jpeg

Such handsome boys Dani.  We often babysit our three grandsons in PA when DD & SIL go away, sometimes for just a couple of days but we’ve done a maximum of 6 nights.  There’s almost always an episode of tears when Mom & Dad video chat.  

15 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We just cooked our last dinner in this house.  😢  Will eat out tomorrow night so we don’t have to do dishes.  Then Monday all our kitchen appliances etc will be packed up.  We can bring home takeout as we have dishes we’re not taking…but an end of an era. 

Hopefully a happy new beginning.

Cheers to new beginnings and new adventures in your new home.  All the memories from the house you’re leaving are going with you.  

@grapau27 best of luck tomorrow with your procedure.  

Today is a day of relaxing for me after cooking and preparing all day yesterday for my party last night.  We had a great time, lots of delicious food (everyone brought something) and many laughs.  Do I need to mention a lot of wine was consumed 😄?!  
I hate to use a four letter word, but we’re supposed to get 1 to 3 inches of s-n-o-w tonight.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, George C said:

We have been cooking all day giant pot of sauce with 24 homemade meatballs and some Italian sausage. We will get lots of meals from this

image.thumb.jpeg.346705af3ef0d4f64b8cc8d130421654.jpeg

Looks delish! I cook mine all in the sauce. Do you fan fry first or let them cook entirely in the sauce?

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

-4°C and sunny with a light dusting of snow here.

I have a hospital appointment tomorrow to get a couple of skin cancers removed from my face.☹️☹️

Wishing a successful procedure tomorrow Graham!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We have traced back 16 generations to the 1300’s. 

Awesome!!!  Do you have a family Historian?  I have pages and pages of my family on my mom's side.  One of my brother's has been working on my dad's side of the family.    I really have to sit down one day and make copies of our family history for our daughters.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Looks delish! I cook mine all in the sauce. Do you fan fry first or let them cook entirely in the sauce?

Wishing a successful procedure tomorrow Graham!

We bake them for about 30 mins at 350 degrees , we cook the sauce for 8 hours bake the meatballs and add them to the sauce at about half way, 4 hours.

• Like 3