Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie is doing better but they are still running tests.  He wants to go home but I told him he needs to get much better first.  Thanks everyone for your caring🥰

Glad to hear that Charlie is feeling better.I think that men always want to leave the hospital when they begin to feel better.I always want to leave .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

As a young child we would spend time with our grandparents.  Granddad would bring home a large bag of White Castle hamburgers. I like them so much I had to have some every time we visited Columbus.  

The last time in Ohio I wanted the memories so we stop by one.  I guess our taste change.  I am officially done with them. 

The last time that I went on a regular basis was in 1965.The last time I was in a White Castle was 2003.

• Like 1

Whew! I finally caught up! Again!

And tomorrow we leave to spend a night before sailing on Wonder Sunday. 
In the last few weeks I’ve had two granddaughters get engaged, one at Rockefeller Plaza, the other in the gardens at Versailles. 
Had our AC replaced, had doctor and dentist appointments, and hosted 11 ladies for evening Bunco with appys and wine, and 11 ladies two Mondays in a row for breakfast Bunco. (Different groups of ladies). 
Finale is tonight, 18 for Mexican Train. 
We’re not paying for internet or a Junior Suite on this cruise. Dick says it’s just an interim cruise. Okay, as long as I have a balcony!

I am ready to do absolutely nothing but relax and hope the new menu doesn’t take away my cruising appetite. 

• Like 15

45 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I don't know why but I love the look of Castles too.  🏰 I guess it's the beauty of the rocks, that nostalgic look.  Maybe it's the time period.  I always enjoyed Robin Hood.  

I used to like White Castle hamburgers but I don't think that has anything to do with it. 😂 

I have never had White Castle.  Even after a night of drinking, I never had the desire to try their food...I much preferred A&W burgers and fries.  We would drive up at A&W, and food was brought to our car, with a tray that hooked onto the driver's window.  Of course, their root beer float was to die for!😉

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

We’ve had no problem getting them. 
my point is that with no evening turndown, I doubt the stewards will pop into cabins to leave a Compass. 

Have a great time on your cruise, Mimi!  Which ship will you be on?

6 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

And tomorrow we leave to spend a night before sailing on Wonder Sunday
In the last few weeks I’ve had two granddaughters get engaged, one at Rockefeller Plaza, the other in the gardens at Versailles. 

Wishing you and Dick a very enjoyable cruise. First time on Wonder?

Congratulations are in order 💐

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Had our AC replaced, had doctor and dentist appointments, and hosted 11 ladies for evening Bunco with appys and wine, and 11 ladies two Mondays in a row for breakfast Bunco. (Different groups of ladies). 
We’re not paying for internet or a Junior Suite on this cruise. Dick says it’s just an interim cruise. Okay, as long as I have a balcony!

I am ready to do absolutely nothing but relax and hope the new menu doesn’t take away my cruising appetite. 

Wow, Mimi!  talk about busy!!  Congratulations on your two granddaughter's Engagements.  Great venues!!!

Have the best time on your Wonder cruise Sunday.🛳️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie is doing better but they are still running tests.  He wants to go home but I told him he needs to get much better first.  Thanks everyone for your caring🥰

It's good to hear that Charlie is doing better.  Prayers he passes his tests with flying colors, Marietta.🙏 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Congratulations on the engagements of your grand daughters,Mimi.

21 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Looking forward to your thoughts on Wonder. What is the itinerary?

21 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Wow busy lady.  Congrats on the engagements and have a wonderful time on your cruise.

Yesterday’s event/activity was an excursion on a catamaran that the couple rented out.  It was opened to any guests that wanted to sign up for it.  About 52 people came.  It was a great party and we closed out with a beautiful sunset.

We boarded the Fat Cat catamaran 

590E7D1B-6E4A-40AD-A7EF-F4B589D631E7.thumb.jpeg.98f4d734f6c06ef9c9498691600a1389.jpeg

The crew were friendly, helpful and funny.  They served snacks, food, had an open bar and drinks.  They  even performed a Mexican wedding ceremony.  It was so funny.

C41E956A-BAE6-4BA4-82EC-12347DC0F3DE.thumb.jpeg.95f97ba3cde54e1d746cc644e901b76f.jpeg

We saw whales

CCB1676F-916F-4168-A360-C5E0636BBF9F.thumb.jpeg.1654ee155aafdd35e56923f6c4fba4cc.jpeg

The boat docked near a beach for people to dive into the water to swim, paddle board or go out on the beach

40DBBAB2-A8FA-4474-AA66-CBEF2385D320.thumb.jpeg.ad1aca2173c47b0d9d206eddb43e8a2d.jpeg

Crew feeding a sea gull some tortilla

8D50170D-9D46-4E96-AFD2-4C908DF15962.thumb.jpeg.e2a7c9264e2e2c19f7b42bd881734a6b.jpeg

Wave hola!

49088F3F-857A-4720-B1E7-C6C05FDC77CD.thumb.jpeg.4336bda359f0ae31f8b086de80fa4747.jpeg

644C03C3-8F5F-454F-98BF-41215D79C251.thumb.jpeg.2efe07fbee96e17256614f2e535e018a.jpeg

Sunset

1C606B90-0BD6-42F5-96F9-9071FCC00319.thumb.jpeg.d978b0b434d7dcd687d21e7776f88a41.jpeg

Back at the dock

2DC4D4F1-8EBC-4D11-9C7D-252F77BE0A24.thumb.jpeg.44ec6427032e8831da7b5d50b33a6e95.jpeg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I have never had White Castle.  Even after a night of drinking, I never had the desire to try their food...I much preferred A&W burgers and fries.  We would drive up at A&W, and food was brought to our car, with a tray that hooked onto the driver's window.  Of course, their root beer float was to die for!😉

I was so sad when we saw an A&W restaurant in Tennessee. Talked Dick into turning around. I was sooo excited. 
pulled up to the speaker and I asked for 2 corn dogs. 
The voice said “2 what?”  I leaned across Dick and repeated 2 corn dogs. 
A&W no longer sells corn dogs!! 
I enjoyed my root beer float, but I really wanted their great corn dogs!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

As a young child we would spend time with our grandparents.  Granddad would bring home a large bag of White Castle hamburgers. I like them so much I had to have some every time we visited Columbus.  

The last time in Ohio I wanted the memories so we stop by one.  I guess our taste change.  I am officially done with them. 

Publix has them in the freezer. 
Thaw 2 of them, nuke for 35 seconds and better than new. 
But not better than Krystals!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Nedick’s for hot dogs. At least in Manhattan. 

Yes,there was Nedicks but I grew up in Brooklyn The first Nedicks I remember was near Macy’s in Manhattan and I cannot remember when I was there for the first time .I know I was there in 1960 when I was working a block away.

Edited by lenquixote66
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Glad to hear he is doing better.   That is a good sign when they get anxious to get back home. 😍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

We’ve had no problem getting them. 
my point is that with no evening turndown, I doubt the stewards will pop into cabins to leave a Compass. 

I am hoping that we get a choice of am or pm as we will select evening clean-up as we will want fresh towels after we shower and get ready for dinner, etc.    Then we can get our paper compass and whatever other junk mail they have for us.    

• Like 2