Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Currently 25f with a feel like of 17f here in Bucks county, PA.

We had a Hugh of 65f on Thursday.   Seems like our pattern is cold weekends.    This coming week we range from highs in the 40s to low 60s.   

22 here today but not windy at all.Next week we will also have warm weather.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Possible 5-8 inches of snow where I live. First "real" snow fall this year. Might be time to see if I can get the snow blower fired up for the first time this season.

I'm sure the fact that it still has last years gas in it won't be a problem 😠

I am hoping for zero snow this winter.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I am several days, and several pages behind, but I hope to catch up today.  I want to thank everyone who was praying for my daughter’s surgery.  According to the surgeons, her surgery went well, but they did not commit too much beyond that.

The surgery was very long.  They took her in for prep at 11:30 am on Wednesday, and it was after 9 pm before she got out of observation.  Now we wait for results from biopsies, to see if there is more chemo ahead.  Hopefully we will know more after appointments over the next couple weeks.

Meanwhile, Susan and I have been there to take care of getting the kids to school and picked up after school, as well as taking care of her and doing things around the house.  She isn’t allowed to do much of anything for at least a couple weeks.

And, on another note, DIL is feeling better after her bout with.Covid, but now my son has it, and his symptoms are worse than hers were. 

Glad to see this update today and that the surgery went well.  Continued thoughts and prayers for good reports in the next few weeks🙏

• Like 8

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

@h20skibumWill pray extra hard for your family🙏The waiting for results is hard but keep thinking positive.

+2    That must have been a very long day for everyone.    Glad to hear the surgery went well and hoping for favorable biopsy results in the near future.     🙏💐

• Like 5

Speaking of writing family histories…my father wrote his autobiography.  It made for interesting reading for me.  As Queen Elizabeth II said “Recollections may vary.”  Some things he wrote were simply wrong in terms of chronology…others were totally different from what I’d seen of the same experience.  I realized there are different interpretations of “reality.”

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Took a few seconds for me get it 🤣😉

That’s OK. We got that much snow just morning. I chuckled as there was snow on the cars, none in the ground. That’s a dream for me. 

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

It's actually snowing here right now. The crocus and daffodils that started popping up 4-6 weeks early are not happy.

4/8 weeks ago?  That will be April for us. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

Alcatraz was very interesting. It would not have been as interesting in its day. Barely into the 40s and breezy this morning, so we got to experience a little of what some inmates may have experienced. 

“Broadway”

A3A78030-911F-4258-98D9-C918F617F6C8.thumb.jpeg.c5c603b4a651ea641584892ec98b8d7d.jpeg

One of the infamous escape cells, with fake head on the cot and hole in the wall chiseled with a spoon

5B5821FD-5AE5-4868-B9C1-F100F9107C0A.thumb.jpeg.ea1f4cc6b3cbb4d074af673a934553b9.jpeg

And one for OB

68C3F285-D366-455E-BCB7-2E1CE80816A6.thumb.jpeg.6a8c226461f81adb8dfa6f6a465a5eae.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie is cranky today so I guess that’s a good sign.  Infectious doctor was pleased with his lungs!

waiting on some results.

Thanks for the update. Give Charlie our well wishes for a speedy recovery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now, for something related to family history.  I know this must be true, because I read it on the internet.

I remarked to Susan the other day, that I rarely saw any blue-eyed people on any of the commercials we were watching.  As a blue-eyed individual, I thought I would search to find out why that was, because I was feeling underrepresented. 

Well, one thing led to another, and I came across a study by the University of Copenhagen that says that everyone on the planet, with blue eyes, has one common ancestor.  Something about a switch at a particular location in DNA that results in the blue eye color.  Supposedly, that is not the case with other eye colors.  

So I guess that means I am related to Frank Sinatra and Paul Newman.  I guess that also means, if any of you have blue eyes, we are long lost cousins, however many times removed.

• Like 9
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

If you are diamond or D+, you can have one person use the discounts to reduce costs too.  Diamond is one 24 hour period each and D+ is two 24 hour periods each.  Day 1, you have cellular for a good part of the day, so no need really to use the coupon, just share the purchased plan if needed.  If day 2 is a sea day, use one of the coupons late morning to cover part of that day and morning the next.  If day 3 is a port day, don't waste a coupon until you are going to be on the ship.  You can easily spread things over multiple days that way.  You could also use one of the coupons toward a package for the remaining days of the cruise if you had a lot of sea days.

Thanks, I forgot about that.  We are both diamond.  The first 4 days are in Hawaii so I can use the my phone.  The last 5 days are at sea.  If one as the plan the other could use the two free 24 hours. Thanks again for the reminder! 

Mentioned it to Sharon and she reminded me that we offered the free days to another couple cruising with us for the first time. 

Edited by Ozark_Kid
Oooops. Forgot
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If one as the plan the other could use the two free 24 hours.

Sometimes they will tell you that you can't have that one day if you have the plan.  You just have to go to the voom desk and tell them you want to use your free day to use two devices at once, and they will give it to you.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

And now my grandson tested positive today, so they all have it  Glad his is mild so far.

Hey cousin.  Paul Newman was my crush in my 20s.  Being related wouldn’t have worked!

Hope your grandson recovers quickly.  

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Sometimes they will tell you that you can't have that one day if you have the plan.  You just have to go to the voom desk and tell them you want to use your free day to use two devices at once, and they will give it to you.

We have also paid for 1 internet connection and had the free day transferred to the other without the paid plan.  Again you do need to go to the desk to do this.  Worked great on our 5 day cruise.

• Like 1