Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Wednesday was 8 months old.  Time flys.  We, mostly Sharon, have been babysitting her weekdays since the beginning of the year while DD works.  I know that it is hard to leave pets behind while cruising but starting Monday we will not be babysitting for a month!  Finnly's DD will be off the next two weeks then we leave for Hawaii for the two weeks.  I bet she will grow in that time.

IMG_7034.thumb.jpeg.fd8b70490d6837eea93d5bf919de2150.jpeg

IMG_7037.thumb.jpeg.dde9a407d465e50066ff9ce83fe026f5.jpeg

IMG_7039.thumb.jpeg.4dfa78924474255f3576deedf708af20.jpeg

IMG_7041.thumb.jpeg.9706473c54e4d63756355c046a58d0a3.jpeg

IMG_7043.thumb.jpeg.64d3e207710ad0a7ff3221db519a6d05.jpeg

She’s adorable.  Beautiful outfit, beautiful mat & I love the sequence of photos ending up with the lovely dog too.

@sgmn how lovely that your precious grandchild has the same mat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of Dolphins, we usually see them as our ship departs Galveston.  Such a nice sight.

On another note, can anyone help with the comfort of those zero gravity loungers?  Are they comfy for reading with my legs up?  The following is just an example of the type of lounger I mean:

Timber Ridge Zero Gravity Chair Oversized Recliner Padded Folding Patio product image 1 of 4 slides

I went to my favorite food store Central Market today.  They sell crisp NY Macintosh apples in season, in addition to real NYC pastrami.  The pastrami name is Carnegie even though the famous deli in the theater district closed.  The most authentic I've had in the Dallas area.  Tonight's dinner will be pastrami sandwiches on crusty sourdough rye, potato salad, cole slaw, all from Central Market.  NOT your usual store bought salads or bread.  Trust me on this.  I also bought something I had never seen before; dark chocolate covered pistachios.  Unbelievably delicious.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 7

14 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

That fence and beach looks like the scene for Jaws.

Lol, Jaws was filmed on Martha's Vineyard, an island off the coast of Massachusetts. You can see it when flying out of Providence when the planes are taking off in the right direction. I usually go there several times during the summer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Picture perfect.  So sweet!

Can you post the name of the restaurant?  We love Italian food.

Rockland County/NJ diners are the best!!  I'm not surprised at the portion size you were served.

Restaurant was in Allen called numero 28, I prefer lamberti in valley ranch . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Lol, Jaws was filmed on Martha's Vineyard, an island off the coast of Massachusetts. You can see it when flying out of Providence when the planes are taking off in the right direction.

I love those narrow wood slat fences.  Makes the beach seem so natural and windswept.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Speaking of Dolphins, we usually see them as our ship departs Galveston.  Such a nice sight.

On another note, can anyone help with the comfort of those zero gravity loungers?  Are they comfy for reading with my legs up?  The following is just an example of the type of lounger I mean:

Timber Ridge Zero Gravity Chair Oversized Recliner Padded Folding Patio product image 1 of 4 slides

I went to my favorite food store Central Market today.  They sell crisp NY Macintosh apples in season, in addition to real NYC pastrami.  The pastrami name is Carnegie even though the famous deli in the theater district closed.  The most authentic I've had in the Dallas area.  Tonight's dinner will be pastrami sandwiches on crusty sourdough rye, potato salad, cole slaw, all from Central Market.  NOT your usual store bought salads or bread.  Trust me on this.  I also bought something I had never seen before; dark chocolate covered pistachios.  Unbelievably delicious.

Your planned dinner sounds delish.  I can’t comment on the zero gravity aspect of your chair but I use a similar type chair to read in the garden.  I wish I had that click on tray for my tea etc.  can’t read without a cup of tea.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, NHProud said:

@Sea Dog A little something to toast King Charles on his coronation day . My niece works in marketing for this company so maybe a discount. 

75DE87EA-EF51-4557-B9B5-09946F9356E3.png

Wow I hope it’s good. Even with a discount my wife would kill me if I bought that. 😜

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

She’s adorable.  Beautiful outfit, beautiful mat & I love the sequence of photos ending up with the lovely dog too.

@sgmn how lovely that your precious grandchild has the same mat.

The dog is Millie.   She was their "first".  DD is allergic to most dogs but found that standard poodles doesn't cause problems for her allergies.   Millie gets very excited when we go over.  I now have to be extra careful.   Millie wants to jump up on everyone.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Hi Deb, I've got your message on whatsapp and replied immediately. It seems you didn't open your phone from March 25th???

Pls. let me know if NOW you see my reply 😘

We are good to go now! I hadn’t completed setting up the app but finally see your messages. Thanks to @FromSea2ShiningSea Helen for being our middle woman!

57 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Lol, Jaws was filmed on Martha's Vineyard, an island off the coast of Massachusetts. You can see it when flying out of Providence when the planes are taking off in the right direction. I usually go there several times during the summer.

We love MV and also Block Island.  I took this picture of Block Island on our return flight from San Juan last November. 84FE0B6C-0EC9-4A44-911F-3531C0B4CC49.thumb.jpeg.8a6c3034f3d507dd9407bc94262f924d.jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

We bought zero gravity chairs years ago.  We hated them, and got rid of them.

I was at a backyard party at the beach last year, when my friend's SIL was sitting on one and sat all the way back on it.  Her Apple Watch asked her if she had fallen...we all had a good laugh over that!

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

17 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We are good to go now! I hadn’t completed setting up the app but finally see your messages. Thanks to @FromSea2ShiningSea Helen for being our middle woman!

We love MV and also Block Island.  I took this picture of Block Island on our return flight from San Juan last November. 84FE0B6C-0EC9-4A44-911F-3531C0B4CC49.thumb.jpeg.8a6c3034f3d507dd9407bc94262f924d.jpeg

Great picture of Block Island, Deb!

When do you and Andy head to Venice and then Barcelona for your Mediterranean Cruise?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The dog is Millie.   She was their "first".  DD is allergic to most dogs but found that standard poodles doesn't cause problems for her allergies.   Millie gets very excited when we go over.  I now have to be extra careful.   Millie wants to jump up on everyone.

Finnley is getting so big, John!  She is so beautiful!  Millie's pretty, also!

On Easter Sunday, I almost tripped 4 times over our DD's Pug, Frankie.  She comes from behind, and before I know it, I'm catching myself before I go flying!

9 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Totally changing the subject here..do any of you with an in ground pool use the Barracuda MX8  In-Ground Suction Cleaner??  Reviews look good.  It's time we got one of these pool cleaners..we're not getting any younger😜

I can't speak about the Barracuda but for our pool in Cincinnati, we had a Dolphin Nautilus pool cleaner.  It worked great.  Throw it in and press a button.  No suction hose needed.  It was very good at getting itself unstuck from stairs and corners, and would climb the walls to clean the tiles at water level. 

We use a pool service here.  Everyone seems to just hire a service for their pool and their lawn.  The previous owners had an automatic cleaner that's on a shelf in our garage, but I've never tried it.  

Edit: FWIW...the unused pool cleaner in our garage is a Polaris Vac-Sweep 360.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I never seen grits before and for some reason, I thought they would be brown.

I'm a transplated northerner and therefore far from a grits expert, but basic grits seem to be white.  They change color depending on what you put in them.  The shrimp and grits recipes that I've had often use a brown sauce or gravy.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Great picture of Block Island, Deb!

When do you and Andy head to Venice and then Barcelona for your Mediterranean Cruise?

Not until late September.  We have our family Disney trip the third week of August and are taking the two oldest grandsons on a 3 night cruise out of PC on Independence the weekend prior. It’s their first cruise (Mom & Dad have zero interest), I’m not sure who’s more excited - them or us!

As far as pool cleaners, at our previous house we had a Polaris which was fine but it had a little mesh bag that collected debris but if you left the bag out, squirrels would eat through it. This pool we have a Hayward.  I know nothing about them, but my ‘pool boy’ says he loves it; does a great job cleaning and doesn’t get stuck in corners, stairs, etc. 

• Thanks 1

Have a great Friday everyone.

After a pre-diner Negroni

image.thumb.png.93c8d98f5fcbc020f0382d251745c5e5.png

Then was Quahogs

image.thumb.png.85173f40e5c077f9cb851bd6f3c51a87.png

And the Snow Crab season just opened here

image.thumb.png.28ebc375fdd1ee9fe3fce5d1ba5638e5.png

Now, off to the Hot Tub that I spent most of the day getting ready for the season.

dp

• Like 14

58 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

That is an awesome picture of the island!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I hope they enjoyed it and got to see Fiona and Fritz.  It's a great zoo.

If they're looking for other things to do, the Cincinnati Museum Center is als

Thanks,but they were only in Cincinnati for a few hours.My oldest granddaughter is a student at Indiana University .They picked her up and drove to the zoo .The rest of the day and the next two days will be spent near the university.I will tell them about the Museum Center for the next time they are there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I found 3 of his secret symbols. 

1 hour ago, derorim said:

I had to google that to see what you were talking about.  Then I had to go look for them in the cartoon.  I found three also!

I still don't get it.🤔