Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It was today for us.

image.png.89819b4ae94a8da2c6bb994a8a20abdd.png

5 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

We didn’t get this invite until this afternoon also.  But I believe Denny @CruiszBug went to this officers’ cocktail party.  I wonder if it was tonight since it was dress-your-best night.

Pat, that is correct info with refundable deposit and amount for OBC.  That was how we booked Bella 2.

No, we did not come across any Tiki bars on our walk to the beach.  There could have been some near the port but we just didn’t notice any.

Just talked to the Dismond concierge and it is tonight.  Last night was for Pinnacles.

Talk about screw ups.  Not sure why they are even using calendar dates anyway, why not just use day 8 or day 9 from the cruise compass.  Mentioned that to the D concierge and in her tropical non helpful response "that's the LA's problem, not mine"   least helpful concierge I have ever met.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations on your grandson's winning team, Mark!  What position does your grandson play?  

I'm sorry to hear that your granddaughter was sick again.  I hope she begins feeling better quickly.    

I do hope you received good news from the cardiologist.🙏

It is nice you are able to see so many of your grandkid’s activities.  We are fortunate that we can see so many in person, for the two that live here.

Our grandson plays first base, and he is good at that position.  We will be off to another game tonight.

Our granddaughter is better and is back to school today.  Unfortunately, she may have passed it to me, because I feel something starting this morning. 

As far as the cardiologist, it is watch and wait to see if it progresses to the point where surgery is needed.  I got the same response from the surgeon at Cleveland Clinic, after they looked at my records. Will have to see if it progresses any when I get another scan in the fall.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@Ozark_Kid John, great pictures from your road to Hana trip.  That brought back some memories.  

One of our land trips, we had a large group, so we rented a 15 passenger van to make the trip.  We drove as far as the rental company would allow, past the seven sacred pools and Lindbergh’s grave.  It was one of those vans where the rear seats were behind the rear wheels.  I remember we did a, much more than 3 point turn to get it turned around, and there were lots of screams from the back seat, as it extended out over the cliff, during the turn.  

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

@Ozark_Kid John, great pictures from your road to Hana trip.  That brought back some memories.  

One of our land trips, we had a large group, so we rented a 15 passenger van to make the trip.  We drove as far as the rental company would allow, past the seven sacred pools and Lindbergh’s grave.  It was one of those vans where the rear seats were behind the rear wheels.  I remember we did a, much more than 3 point turn to get it turned around, and there were lots of screams from the back seat, as it extended out over the cliff, during the turn.  

There is more pics and vids coming.   I need time and internet at the same time 😆 

The roads get crazy the further you go.  We considered renting a car but heard and believe the driver would not get to enjoy the sights as much...... and stay on the road.  I will post a fee more stops later.  If unable today maybe at layovers or after I am home.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The video is really stable even with the wind blowing.

Thanks, Samsung owners can handle it. 😆 

There were very strong wind gust at times.  As I was stepping out at the last stop I felt like I was lifted up and dropped a foot over.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Far Side and Calvin & Hobbes were always my faves. I have several compilation books of both and Andrew is now enjoying them.

I was always particularly fond of "Deep Thoughts"  by Jack Handey

“To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there’s no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other.”

“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than to be selfish and worry about my liver.”

“I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don’t just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas.” 

dp

Edited by dpostman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

I know these are not highlight Hawaii pics but I wanted to share how calm it is right now.  Very smooth water, we are barely moving and the sun feels so good.  Very relaxing.  9 night cruises are good for me.  Although I loved the cruise I am ready to get home to the kids and grandkids.....  and my own bed!

20230510_080322.thumb.jpg.3473125039740ca574ab0a30474ea68e.jpg

20230510_080400.thumb.jpg.29a739694c5549d71736673e4deabad7.jpg

20230510_080447.thumb.jpg.55862d539a6f3e18148dcde524047a02.jpg

• Like 16

22 minutes ago, derorim said:

We saw this take place on the Road to Hana almost 20 years ago, on our honeymoon.  I think to those guys, it's no big deal, just an everyday occurrence.

image.thumb.jpeg.d1df80e5d28e14683b1ef3242b28cf19.jpeg

Great example of the squeeze.   I thought it was funny when the road sign would say to give the right away to the approaching car when the road was sometimes even more narrow and a U shaped curve.  You could not see if there was an approaching car.  Good thing in this pic is that they are locals that know how to handle it. 

• Like 4

We made it to Hana.  This is when I realized the excursion wasn't about reaching Hana but the road to it.  We stopped at Hana about 2pm and had a late lunch at a picnic area.  To me I was more impressed with the other stops so far.

Hana120230503_142704.thumb.jpg.0fc425c25dd48eee3ef1940ede5a3099.jpg

Hana220230503_142710.thumb.jpg.ce2d65f4605e4a7152441db576eee4ce.jpg

• Like 13

Good evening.

It has been sunny most of the day with a high of 65°F.

I took Pauline to meet her best friend this morning at the local shopping outlet and I had a quiet day watching TV.

I hope everyone is having a great day.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 5/8/2023 at 8:29 AM, Sea Dog said:

Yes that was me. We booked it through Royal. It was call the "Turquoise Bay VIP Beach Break."

IMG_0947.thumb.jpeg.1c40b8670dfa0e0d332614ed824f357f.jpeg

It included lunch and free drinks.

IMG_0954.thumb.jpeg.44220c7e12b7aa610e121ad8664c6bd1.jpeg

IMG_0948.thumb.jpeg.9947f084f7ea42761a201cfacc9dfcdb.jpeg

IMG_0949.thumb.jpeg.03205049959207a3f7b687ac2aa6bef3.jpeg

IMG_0950.thumb.jpeg.118916c38c749743b8774af40a23320c.jpeg

The location was beautiful and the area was very clean.

IMG_0964.thumb.jpeg.82da86e047cb86e54356de06eaf6333d.jpeg

We had loungers and there were waiters that would come around and take your drink orders.

IMG_0955.thumb.jpeg.ee557c24dc5b83776882bbc33298adae.jpeg

The food was excellent

IMG_0958.thumb.jpeg.e28d73dd4ec68f32faa2a49f25416668.jpeg

IMG_0959.thumb.jpeg.9dcbfe0a922b70b40700c8b61f082360.jpeg

I cocktails were amazing and strong.

IMG_0956.thumb.jpeg.0ed2a080b71cc306302dddcddc99c6a0.jpeg

IMG_0965.thumb.jpg.7c35c376b990306cf036332f0283db9c.jpg

There were even  buckets of beers everywhere

IMG_0951.thumb.jpeg.d0617796c5ec3a74644eb94e8c115ab5.jpeg

There were clean restrooms and musicians playing some great music that wasn't too loud just perfect. The bus ride is about 45 minutes to there but it was interesting to see the sites along the way. I highly recommend this excursion.

Why did I think you went to Maya Key when you were in Roatan?  I thought you even posted pics.  I'm getting old in my old age.

15 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Why did I think you went to Maya Key when you were in Roatan?  I thought you even posted pics.  I'm getting old in my old age.

We did on our first trip to Roatan. We thought we would try something different. Your memory is as sharp as ever!

• Like 1