Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 minutes ago, George C said:

On tonight’s news they talked about missile attacks on Israel, hopefully Dani and family are ok , can’t imagine living like that. 

I had seen this earlier on the news today.  Prayers that Dani and her family are all safe and well. 🙏 Poor Dani.

• Like 4

So I had mentioned our moving truck people were here yesterday and packed and picked up everything. Delivery was scheduled after 5/23 when we would be there. Well they called and said that they are scheduling delivery in Florida tomorrow! What! Did they beam up the whole truck? We called the company to confirm and they said yes, they were scheduling delivery tomorrow. So had to make arrangements for delivery, since we are still in NJ. Never were we expecting this done at lightening speed, but not complaining. Our manager at the moving/trucking company was also surprised. He joked that we must have tipped them really well.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

So I had mentioned our moving truck people were here yesterday and packed and picked up everything. Delivery was scheduled after 5/23 when we would be there. Well they called and said that they are scheduling delivery in Florida tomorrow! What! Did they beam up the whole truck? We called the company to confirm and they said yes, they were scheduling delivery tomorrow. So had to make arrangements for delivery, since we are still in NJ. Never were we expecting this done at lightening speed, but not complaining. Our manger at the moving/trucking company was also surprised. He joked that we must have tipped them really well.

Holy Moly!!!  

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Hey @Ocean Boy, Jade told me to tell you that this free Kindle book is one you should get:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C3ZBDT6W

101 Ways To Know If Your Cat Is Italian: How To Talk To Your Cat About Its Secret Life And Learn The Essence Of Being Italian

51PqJRAWzL.jpg.b7f7b14a69fa15fc4b6258ad215cc5b8.jpg

My cat is Italian even if his name is Joe Bob 

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I got lobster.   It was good but the smallest I have ever received. 

20230509_173802.thumb.jpg.8ca250726eb01242dd6e2eabd6665954.jpg

That looks pretty pathetic. No way I would pay $16 to get another one of those. I liked it better when you could order multiples.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It was today for us.

image.png.89819b4ae94a8da2c6bb994a8a20abdd.png

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe that is how the officers like it. It looks like they made the effort without having to make much small talk with strangers.

Really Royal, 30 minutes? why bother?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

There could have been a pool but I did not see it.  I thought it was very nice.

When we there they had the over the water cabanas. Not sure how they were but they were not in our package.

You had said “At Maya Key there are more things to see like the animals and they had a nice pool which Turquoise Bay did not.”

I just wondered if you meant they didn’t have a “nice” pool or they didn’t “have” a pool any more. Obviously you liked the resort and your day there. I just wondered if you meant they had removed the pool right next to the lobby and restaurant. It was a very basic pool compared to Maya Key.

The cabanas have been there 5+ years but are the top tier package like Coco Cay!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, derorim said:

Here's one of my favorite Far Side cartoons..image.jpeg.33f2cacc7330f7e0f596daba5ea692a9.jpeg

Here is my favorite Far Side.

PuttheCatOut.thumb.jpeg.d1e297ad5d75c650820337af2a5ad705.jpeg

1 minute ago, c-leg5 said:

You had said “At Maya Key there are more things to see like the animals and they had a nice pool which Turquoise Bay did not.”

I just wondered if you meant they didn’t have a “nice” pool or they didn’t “have” a pool any more. Obviously you liked the resort and your day there. I just wondered if you meant they had removed the pool right next to the lobby and restaurant. It was a very basic pool compared to Maya Key.

The cabanas have been there 5+ years but are the top tier package like Coco Cay!

If Turquoise Bay had a pool I did not see it. Doesn't mean it's not there as I did not explore the whole property. Maya Key's pool is a basic sized pool and it was fine. Here is a pic of the pool at Maya Key.

IMG_8951.thumb.jpeg.15b483d5eaf2bd53b283c1b4e6955f9c.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

43 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That looks pretty pathetic. No way I would pay $16 to get another one of those. I liked it better when you could order multiples.

We were in suite restaurant on celebrity in March and waiter asked us how many lobster tails we wanted, we both said one , I am not a big eater but when it arrived it was the size of a large shrimp, we then increased our order. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Here is my favorite Far Side.

PuttheCatOut.thumb.jpeg.d1e297ad5d75c650820337af2a5ad705.jpeg

If Turquoise Bay had a pool I did not see it. Doesn't mean it's not there as I did not explore the whole property. Maya Key's pool is a basic sized pool and it was fine. Here is a pic of the pool at Maya Key.

IMG_8951.thumb.jpeg.15b483d5eaf2bd53b283c1b4e6955f9c.jpeg

I agree have enjoyed that pool several times. I prefer to swim in a pool to the ocean but I like to look and listen to the ocean!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dpostman said:

I was always particularly fond of "Deep Thoughts"  by Jack Handey

“To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there’s no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other.”

“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than to be selfish and worry about my liver.”

“I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don’t just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas.” 

dp

My favorite "Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

"If you ever fall off the Sears Tower, just go real limp, because maybe you'll look like a dummy and people will try to catch you because, hey, free dummy."

Get it? Hey, Free Dummy!  IDK, it just so stupid, it's funny.

Edited by HBE4
  • Haha 6

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

My memory is just not good. If what progresses?

It is a thoracic aortic aneurysm.  I actually have two, but the largest is 45.4mm.  They say when it reaches 50mm, surgery is recommended.  So now, they have me on blood pressure medications to lower it, so it doesn’t have to work so hard.  And, they limit me on the amount of weight I can lift. 

Never had really high blood pressure, and consistently had readings around 130/80.  Now I am getting around 105/65.

The good news is, if it doesn’t get larger, surgery will not be needed. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Action-packed base, for sure!  Is your grandson tall?  Glad your granddaughter is better;  now you have to make sure you take care of yourself.

Jim's Cardiologist told us we'd know when it was time for Jim to have his heart valve replaced.  We came home from Florida and mentioned Jim's exhaustion...sure enough, it was time.  

Best wishes, Mark🙏

He is average height.  Last night, he was in as a pitcher for the first two innings. He walked one and struck out five.  It was a short game because of the mercy rule, so they are 4 for 4 now. 

Hope all goes well with Jim’s valve replacement. 

8 hours ago, Arzeena said:

My best wishes for  Jim and Mark both.

Thank you

8 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@dani negreanuDani, you and your family are in my prayers🙏

Mine also @dani negreanu Dani.  I haven’t seen the news for a few days. 

8 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Mine also🙏 Prayers for Dani and her family.

Thank you. 

Oh, and last night’s post game treat was. 

IMG_7224.thumb.jpeg.dd62cd5978fa5d58df63816d6c7afeef.jpeg

My favorite—- Reese’s peanut butter cup blizzard 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 9