Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Originally a friend from home was supposed to meet us in Vegas Tuesday for the game, but unfortunately his plans fell apart that morning and he could not fly out early that morning to meet us.

That left us with 3 seats for four of us. That said a fellow member of CC was in Vegas which I follow on Instagram.  We have never met her in person but feel like we know her from her reviews. Some of you might know her from them as well.

@Ocean Boy you could probably guess as she lives close to us here in Canada. 

The following is our messaging back and forth.  We all had a blast. 

IMG_7CC0E8DF4BA6-1.thumb.jpeg.4deb8d411d6a25b3b2d8604bcc61338c.jpeg

IMG_19850581371E-1.thumb.jpeg.045c50e57b1bb074e65de006d0587681.jpeg

Andrew, I am still in shock that I was there! It was an unbelievable experience. It was so amazing to meet you, Lisa and Owen - a more warm and welcoming family would be hard to find!!  I am looking forward to taking you all to dinner next time you’re in the city… you promised!!!

• Like 18

43 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

Andrew, I am still in shock that I was there! It was an unbelievable experience. It was so amazing to meet you, Lisa and Owen - a more warm and welcoming family would be hard to find!!  I am looking forward to taking you all to dinner next time you’re in the city… you promised!!!

Hi Robyn!  Hope all is well with you and your family.  I knew instantly who Andrew was talking about.  Glad you were able to get together with Andrew, Lisa, Owen and enjoy the big win.

Happy sails to all your future cruises.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Hi Robyn!  Hope all is well with you and your family.  I knew instantly who Andrew was talking about.  Glad you were able to get together with Andrew, Lisa, Owen and enjoy the big win.

Happy sails to all your future cruises.

@ckrobyn are you still cruising?  Used to love reading your reviews. 

• Like 2

Cherries $2.99/lb, ribeye steaks $4.99 choice grade.

Life is good at Kroger.  At least until Tuesday.

Now I HAVE to make meatballs.  I wonder why???

Question for the meatball mavens.  Do you brown them first or add them as is to the sauce?

I only use San Marzano crushed canned tomatoes among other ingredients.  

• Like 5

Before and after shots of our Kitchen Remodel...........I believe now we are completed.

Like to thank my Wife for wonderful job picking out styles and colors of everything. I really think she hit on all counts. There is not much at all we would do different.

Wasn't the fastest reno every done I'm sure but being patience sure did pay off. 🙂

May be an image of indoors

May be an image of lighting, kitchen island, range hood and indoors

No photo description available.

May be an image of kitchen island, lighting, range hood, indoors and barn door

May be an image of lighting and indoors

May be an image of range hood, kitchen island, lighting, hearth, barn door and indoors

May be an image of kitchen island, range hood and indoors

May be an image of 1 person

May be an image of indoors, living room and hearth

May be an image of living room, barn door, hearth, indoors and sliding door

May be an image of hearth

May be an image of range hood, indoors and hearth

May be an image of kitchen island and range hood

May be an image of range hood, lighting, kitchen island, hearth, sliding door, barn door and indoors

May be an image of sliding door, indoors and living room

May be an image of range hood, kitchen island and indoors

May be an image of kitchen island, range hood, indoors and hearth

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

And then there was a bit of Celebrity among us. I saw these guys. 

IMG_9698.thumb.jpeg.a720e01dbe4f5d400696141b11ba9656.jpeg

We were fortunate that our seats got us into a VIP area.  In that area Owen got his photo taken with Roberto Luongo, who played for Vancouver and the Panthers. He was gracious enough to do it, and after said to Owen “I hope you have an unlucky night”.  Owen responded with something like, same to you.  They both chuckled about it. @Tree_skier I bet you remember him.

IMG_2601.thumb.jpeg.a042884949e755d8eba9fd987cbec68b.jpeg

As we walked to lower halls you could hear the Vegas players kicking the soccer ball and just see them through the curtains. We arrived at a small room which had an open bar as well as lobster and carved tomahawk steak and other snack items.  It was a down here where Owen and I each saw Wayne Gretzky as well at separate times.  No photos though. 

IMG_9702.thumb.jpeg.8ff003d58956d33ef524b2c5097bff90.jpeg

Headed down to our seats.

IMG_9703.thumb.jpeg.2056df292edcf27164e874ee545a94cc.jpeg

IMG_9754.thumb.jpeg.e920d7d2b5e52d9432b8af889215262a.jpeg

Crystal and Nate spotted us too. 

84C65A9A-0E06-4B15-ADC6-BE852DEB7F05.thumb.jpeg.5ef3655faf239a67dcdf0d156190e417.jpeg

Owen got some ice from the Zamboni drivers to take home.  Yes, it’s here in a small container. 

IMG_8721.thumb.jpeg.017a6cf555bc0f042de7dce701a7215d.jpeg

IMG_8722.thumb.jpeg.5c7003429936a68cfd2e6322207e3603.jpeg

See if you can spot Brad Garrett in the audience. It didn’t take us long. Lower rows if you need a hint. Gary Betman was here too and he got booed. LOL

IMG_9741.thumb.jpeg.43de0f5c01a77be7179f44dc7b85269d.jpeg

And a couple signs to boot. 

IMG_9707.thumb.jpeg.cf763df12c585d5749047b8f62599e0f.jpeg

A Letter Kenny reference for those that watch it. 

IMG_9705.thumb.jpeg.340f2e4859437bbfb325a5557f555d2c.jpeg

Fantastic... What a night!

Luongo was a class act.  He almost got Vancouver to the promise land back in 2011.  

I still remember so clearly the sound of LLLOOOOUUUU echoing across the arena.

I like the Letterkenny reference too.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Cherries $2.99/lb, ribeye steaks $4.99 choice grade.

Life is good at Kroger.  At least until Tuesday.

Now I HAVE to make meatballs.  I wonder why???

Question for the meatball mavens.  Do you brown them first or add them as is to the sauce?

Our Kroger has 25 percent off 6 bottles of wine or more i typically buy a case or more every time which is once a month , but hey currently have Quilt Napa blend for 22 with discount I am planning on buying every bottle I can find since total wine has it for 12 more a bottle. We found meatballs break up too much in sauce if we don’t bake them first. 
  Just spent last few hours listening to music in our favorite restaurant one jazz duo played for a couple of hours followed by a solo piano player who we have been following for about 15 years, he has played in Dallas for more than 60 years.

Edited by George C
  • Like 6

On 6/16/2023 at 3:48 PM, dani negreanu said:

We finally made it to our dream family vacation, which was booked almost a year ago. 

Will post pics and “musings” when we’ll be back, too busy keeping up with the grandsons, who are having a great time.

So glad you are getting your dream family vacation. Enjoy it to the fullest. Looking forward to seeing pictures.

On 6/16/2023 at 9:21 PM, Keksie said:

Finally made it to Tampa. We couldn't leave until:

The power came back on

We got the big branches off the driveway

We uprighted the potted plants

We called the neighbor about their large tree that fell near the front of the property. 

We texted the house sitters to just ignore the leaves, small, medium and large branches plus the tree and to not park under any of the trees while we are gone

It was an exciting morning.

The hotel is nice and filled with dogs that are here for the dog show across the street.  I love dogs!

Enjoy your cruise.

On 6/17/2023 at 3:57 AM, sgmn said:

Thanks MJ, kids bounce back quickly. He has a super happy personality but has multiple allergies (dairy, eggs, legumes,  peanuts) and seems to catch anything going.  

Is it that kids have more allergies these days or do we hear about them more because of the internet, etc?

On 6/17/2023 at 12:02 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I had that same experience on Odyssey. Met some folks in the Schooner Bar one night and something just clicked. We ended up meeting nightly.

Also had the experience when I've sailed with @ReneeFLL and her husband where the the Champagne Bar on Allure would close down and the bar staff would wish us goodnight as they left.😊

Great times. Maybe we’ll see you in February. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, maggieq said:

@ckrobyn are you still cruising?  Used to love reading your reviews. 

I am! I haven’t done a LIVE in quite some time though. Next up is Celebrity Beyond in November, and then a solo cruise on Oasis in February….. I may just post Live on that one!

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

I am! I haven’t done a LIVE in quite some time though. Next up is Celebrity Beyond in November, and then a solo cruise on Oasis in February….. I may just post Live on that one!

Robyn ,if you haven’t been on the edge class yet, you are in for a treat.   Our first cruise back from Covid 9/2021 was the edge and we were blown away with how beautiful the ship was.  Total passengers being 900 didn’t hurt either but fabulous cruise/ship. We bounce between celebrity and rccl now.  

• Like 2

On 6/17/2023 at 4:30 PM, George C said:

We are making our pasta sauce which is a all day thing we cook it about 8 hours and will get lots of meals so we freeze most of it will add about 4 pounds of meatballs and some Italian sausage. Will use some of it to make a baked ziti or lasagna on July 4th for my wife’s birthday and our annual pool party , will also cook more Italian sausage for the party plus chicken on my grill. We have lots to celebrate first my birthday this week then our anniversary the following week followed by my wife birthday on the 4th . Nice to have fireworks on your birthday every year. 

Happy Anniversary and Birthday to the both of you.

14 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Pleasant Sunday in Sydney.  Spent the afternoon at the Wildflower Gardens participating in a resin cheeseboard making glass.  I’m not very artistic but I enjoyed the experience and loved seeing

the other ladies creativity.  Pick up my cheeseboard next week when the resin has set.

E595101C-A1DA-4563-94D3-7DAD191AF3FB.thumb.jpeg.9e565ce6a25dfbe95efa3aa41519a24a.jpeg

That looks like fun.

10 hours ago, Keksie said:

Made it to the ship.  The internet is super slow so probably no pictures until we get back.  The ma stiff club was staying at our hotel for the dog show.  Only 2  fit in the elevator at a time. LOL. The food has been good.  The drink count so far is 1 BBC and 2 dark and stormy.  The don't use real bananas in the BBC and the taste is just not the same.  Sea day today probably around the pool.

Bring a banana to the bar for the BBC. That’s what I have done in the past. Tastes great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Most people will tell you to brown them first. Our Italian relatives have always cooked them in the sauce. I don’t have a problem with the meatballs breaking up as I do not disturb them for at least 45 minutes after dropping them in. I use a big enough pot that no meatballs are on top each other and there is some space between each of them. I do have some small meat particles that may come off but I think it makes the sauce thicker and more flavorful. It’s kinda like a mini meat sauce. 

IMG_1691.thumb.jpeg.eb66f4f6387d0343793f2ca410de98fc.jpeg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, akcruz said:

Love it, I just did a similar thing with some friends last week on a lazy susan, picked it up Friday once the resin was dry.  Being a beach town here of course it hadvto be beachy.  Here is my finished product.

20230616_124508.thumb.jpg.1eba60708d9e5c1b0fd6888112f69a44.jpg

Happy Father's Day to all those celebrating today.

Love it!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, akcruz said:

Love it, I just did a similar thing with some friends last week on a lazy susan, picked it up Friday once the resin was dry.  Being a beach town here of course it hadvto be beachy.  Here is my finished product.

20230616_124508.thumb.jpg.1eba60708d9e5c1b0fd6888112f69a44.jpg

Happy Father's Day to all those celebrating today.

Very nice!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, maggieq said:

Robyn ,if you haven’t been on the edge class yet, you are in for a treat.   Our first cruise back from Covid 9/2021 was the edge and we were blown away with how beautiful the ship was.  Total passengers being 900 didn’t hurt either but fabulous cruise/ship. We bounce between celebrity and rccl now.  

I’ve yet to sail Celebrity, and I can’t wait! I have a solo edge balcony cabin 😎

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Before and after shots of our Kitchen Remodel...........I believe now we are completed.

Like to thank my Wife for wonderful job picking out styles and colors of everything. I really think she hit on all counts. There is not much at all we would do different.

Wasn't the fastest reno every done I'm sure but being patience sure did pay off. 🙂

May be an image of indoors

May be an image of kitchen island, lighting, range hood, indoors and barn door

May be an image of lighting and indoors

May be an image of range hood, kitchen island, lighting, hearth, barn door and indoors

May be an image of kitchen island, range hood and indoors

May be an image of 1 person

May be an image of indoors, living room and hearth

May be an image of living room, barn door, hearth, indoors and sliding door

May be an image of hearth

May be an image of range hood, indoors and hearth

May be an image of kitchen island and range hood

May be an image of range hood, lighting, kitchen island, hearth, sliding door, barn door and indoors

May be an image of sliding door, indoors and living room

May be an image of range hood, kitchen island and indoors

May be an image of kitchen island, range hood, indoors and hearth

Beautiful.   Worth the wait.  Enjoy😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

I’ve yet to sail Celebrity, and I can’t wait! I have a solo edge balcony cabin 😎

We will have our first cruise on Celebrity this April. We will be on Beyond too. I hope you decide to do a review on Beyond. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

I bake the meatballs, they get nice and brown in the oven, then throw them in the gravy!!!,

I bake them too, like they say on the Food Network, there is flavor in the brown!  I also think it makes the sauce less greasy baking the meatballs first, rendering some of that fat out.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Recipe please, if you wish.

I make a pretty good sauce (if I say so myself) but I don't use wine. I also got tired of constantly stirring it and still scorching it so I bake it for hours to reduce it. 

Yours looks amazing.

Most of it is by feel but approx 4 lbs of ground beef , 6 eggs , most of a canister of progreso Italian bread crumbs, couple of onions fried , 8 once’s of shredded Italian cheese Romano or similar, salt , pepper for meat balls . For sauce I actually start with tomato juice 4 large cans , small jar on garlic fried , 6 onions fried , lots of oregano, basil , got this recipe from my dad . Also add hot Italian sausage cooked on grill to sauce . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1